Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
New guy at UPS. Hired off the street for a cover position package driver about 6 weeks ago. I was reading the forums for a while, and thought to myself "It can't be as bad as these guys make it seem". But now I understand.

When an employee goes in thinking "I'm going to do the right thing, I'm going to be a good driver, etc." those thoughts are gone once you get a hold of the Managers, H.R people, and the supervisors.

Most of the veteran drivers I see every morning don't give a :censored2: about anything (since they are protected by seniority), the supervisors are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Management tries to sit in their office and act like big shots, pretending to be too busy to speak to drivers. Amazing.
ac4f9236d16e8e4312436030e572f8a9.gif

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’ll give my sup and manager credit, every morning they shake my hand and are genuine. If you work hard they treat you seriously.

UPS is a real grind, you must work hard and go through the BS. The hiring process is the same in my area, the job says full time but it is always seasonal to start and you work two seasons before being hired full time.

Then once you are “in” you grind out another four years until you hit top rate, grinding out seniority in the process. All things considered, it’s a decently paid job with benefits. Could be worse off in life.

You must be runner gunner

old levi's

blank space
The only time all this BS, and long days, and micro-management becomes worthwhile is when you are retired, and checks are hitting the bank with clockwork precision.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
This thread will give me nightmares. And i dream they took rdo away and i start shaking. Oh wait....its not a dream. Lol. Good luck!