take your time

New guy at UPS. Hired off the street for a cover position package driver about 6 weeks ago. I was reading the forums for a while, and thought to myself "It can't be as bad as these guys make it seem". But now I understand.

When an employee goes in thinking "I'm going to do the right thing, I'm going to be a good driver, etc." those thoughts are gone once you get a hold of the Managers, H.R people, and the supervisors.

Most of the veteran drivers I see every morning don't give a :censored2: about anything (since they are protected by seniority), the supervisors are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Management tries to sit in their office and act like big shots, pretending to be too busy to speak to drivers. Amazing.

take your time

I just do it for the money. Try not to take it too personally. Just do your job the right way and be safe. Don't worry about the other BS

You're lucky then. As a cover driver, they can send me home when they wish. They told me I was a "Full Time Permanent" when I applied, and during the hiring process. But as I understand, there is a summer free break period that doesn't count during your probationary period. I don't know the exact days of the summer free break period, but I'm in the central region.

Seniority starts on the first day you start driving your training route, correct?

You're lucky then. As a cover driver, they can send me home when they wish. They told me I was a "Full Time Permanent" when I applied, and during the hiring process. But as I understand, there is a summer free break period that doesn't count during your probationary period. I don't know the exact days of the summer free break period, but I'm in the central region.

Seniority starts on the first day you start driving your training route, correct?
I'm not sure how things work in the Central. Maybe @Bubblehead can help you.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Your on call. Usually there are plenty of people who want to go home. Don't be afraid to go out blind, learn as many routes as you can