Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You're lucky then. As a cover driver, they can send me home when they wish. They told me I was a "Full Time Permanent" when I applied, and during the hiring process. But as I understand, there is a summer free break period that doesn't count during your probationary period. I don't know the exact days of the summer free break period, but I'm in the central region.

Seniority starts on the first day you start driving your training route, correct?
Need more info...

Are you off street, or from the inside part time ranks?
If you're from the inside, did you sign a "vacation replacement agreement"?

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
I’ll give my sup and manager credit, every morning they shake my hand and are genuine. If you work hard they treat you seriously.

UPS is a real grind, you must work hard and go through the BS. The hiring process is the same in my area, the job says full time but it is always seasonal to start and you work two seasons before being hired full time.

Then once you are “in” you grind out another four years until you hit top rate, grinding out seniority in the process. All things considered, it’s a decently paid job with benefits. Could be worse off in life.

take your time

I’ll give my sup and manager credit, every morning they shake my hand and are genuine. If you work hard they treat you seriously.

UPS is a real grind, you must work hard and go through the BS. The hiring process is the same in my area, the job says full time but it is always seasonal to start and you work two seasons before being hired full time.

Then once you are “in” you grind out another four years until you hit top rate, grinding out seniority in the process. All things considered, it’s a decently paid job with benefits. Could be worse off in life.

Two seasons, as in Summer and Peak?

A good guy

Im in the same boat op.

Best advice I've heard is from old timers and people from here. Although our centers supervisors are pretty laid back. Not nearly as bad as some of these drivers have it.

cosis

Yeah could improve the uniform. Literally look like a brown turd straight out of someones ass.

old levi's

blank space
New guy at UPS. Hired off the street for a cover position package driver about 6 weeks ago. I was reading the forums for a while, and thought to myself "It can't be as bad as these guys make it seem". But now I understand.

When an employee goes in thinking "I'm going to do the right thing, I'm going to be a good driver, etc." those thoughts are gone once you get a hold of the Managers, H.R people, and the supervisors.

Most of the veteran drivers I see every morning don't give a :censored2: about anything (since they are protected by seniority), the supervisors are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Management tries to sit in their office and act like big shots, pretending to be too busy to speak to drivers. Amazing.

A long time ago things were different, but it reached a point where I just worked for them, and they paid me well.
That's where our relationship began, and ended.

john chesney

New guy at UPS. Hired off the street for a cover position package driver about 6 weeks ago. I was reading the forums for a while, and thought to myself "It can't be as bad as these guys make it seem". But now I understand.

When an employee goes in thinking "I'm going to do the right thing, I'm going to be a good driver, etc." those thoughts are gone once you get a hold of the Managers, H.R people, and the supervisors.

Most of the veteran drivers I see every morning don't give a :censored2: about anything (since they are protected by seniority), the supervisors are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Management tries to sit in their office and act like big shots, pretending to be too busy to speak to drivers. Amazing.
I think we all probably said it can’t be that bad when we started. I remember saying it can’t be worse then working this preload. No one can ever understand this job until you do it. Forget trying to explain it to anyone on the outside they could never understand

john chesney

Get back with me in 35 years and tell me how you feel after that. Just try to imagine that