Nurses forum group degrades UPS drivers and our salary

Holydriver

All of these make very good money depending on where you live. My brother is a sheriff and with overtime, he hit 100k back in November. His hourly rate is pretty similar to a top rate driver. As a teacher, I can top out just under 100k after 15 years with a Masters degree. Trust me, I did the UPS thing and I a much happier teaching and working 8 1/2 month out of the year.
i envy you getting out of this business. i am flirting the idea of leaving soon too. i have a parachute that will cover about a halfs months pay every year. i just need to find something else that will cover the other portion and then id be gone and be happy again. man, i dont even know what id do going to school and working part time. how in the hell would i fill in all the extra hours that id have each week that I wasnt sitting in a a package car? boy oh boy it must be nice having a life outside of work

clean hairy

Both Occupations have Challenges, that is agreed, I presume.
Spend half a day shadowing a Nurse at their job, and a Nurse spends half a day shadowing a UPS Driver.
We can then understand they don't just take blood pressure and hand out pills, and they can understand there is more to our job than just driving around, deliver a box, drive around some more and deliver another box.
We would both have a better understanding of what the other goes through.
Stereotypes are not a good indication of what a persons occupation really involves.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We make profit. That's the difference.

How much are the union shop nurses making that put in UPS style overtime?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
All of these make very good money depending on where you live. My brother is a sheriff and with overtime, he hit 100k back in November. His hourly rate is pretty similar to a top rate driver. As a teacher, I can top out just under 100k after 15 years with a Masters degree. Trust me, I did the UPS thing and I a much happier teaching and working 8 1/2 month out of the year.

There are exceptions to every rule.

The average police officer salary is around $50,000

The average firefighter salary is around $50,000

The average teacher salary is around $50,000 and who pays for the education?

The average nurse salary is around $70,000 and who pays for the education?

The average UPS driver salary is around $75,000. The highest average salary with no advanced education or training needed.

I believe the UPS driver earns evey penny. Delivering in sub-zero temperatures or 100 degrees with 90% humidity wearing down the body everyday.

It just shows that the career that "helps" people doesn't necessarilry dictate a better paying job.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's sad to watch all these saviors of the world.......set out to help people and become hardened bigots in the process.