Obama care

Lordtekk

Here are a few reasons I will not vote for Obama,

Obama’s administration implemented rules that require insurance companies and self-insured employers to cover contraceptives with no co-pay or deductible. If a religiously affiliated organization objects to providing that coverage, its insurance still is required to cover contraception at no cost to women.
Obama also supports federal funds for Planned Parenthood, which provides many services including birth control. The organization says 46 percent of its funding – about $487.4 million – comes from the state and federal governments.

Obamacare

1. ObamaCare was written by the health insurance and drug industry lobbyists.
  2. ObamaCare puts in place new rules that prohibit plans with annual limits.
  3. Obamacare puts 15 unelected bureaucrats in charge of meeting a budget target in Medicare with its newly created Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB) .
  4. Obamacare delivers a strong blow to Medicare Advantage (MA), which allows seniors to receive Medicare benefits from a private health plan of their choosing.
  5. ObamaCare expands Medicaid (medical care for the poor) to everyone (under the Medicare age of 65) who has income less than 133% the federal poverty level.
  6. ObamaCare will shorten the amount of time Doctors have with each patient, and lengthen the amount of time patients will have to wait.
  7. ObamaCare means a two-tier Health Care System.
  8. Obamacare attempts to address the challenge of covering people with pre-existing conditions with heavy-handed mandates, especially the requirement that all Americans enroll in government-approved insurance plans (the so-called "individual mandate").
  9. Obamacare is deeply unpopular because it is based on a bureaucratic, government-centered vision of American health care.
  10. Obamacare will require us to pay insurers for “preventive care” as defined by government.
  11. Obamacare will restrict the ability of insurance companies to consider health risks when setting insurance premiums.
  12. Obamacare asserts on Congress's behalf a power to restrain the liberty of an extremely broad group of Americans, and these Americans have not revealed any tendency to endanger their neighbors as the ex-inmates had in Comstock .
  13. Obamacare is at least a step toward the egalitarianism Jesus tried to teach us.
  14. Obamacare is probably the first case to ever involve what is arguably a sleeper tax -- that is, a tax that isn't called a tax in the law itself, but may behave like one.
  15. Obamacare and the EPA will together revoke and invalidate the US Constitution.
  16. Obamacare has nothing to do with my healthcare-its provided through my company.
  17. Obamacare includes provisions for people who are so bad off they can't afford a premium.
  18. Obamacare failure now evident as health care costs rise nationwide.
  19. Obamacare, and its vast catalog of new rules and regulations, does exactly what we don't need. It makes it impossible for firms to make any reasonable estimate about the costs and the potential profits from investments.
  20. Obamacare itself, which has consistently polled badly, fueled that movement.
  21. ObamaCare which doesn't take full effect until 2014 is far from perfect.
  22. ObamaCare is holding your health care hostage and offering no real choice.
  23. Obamacare will cause controversy no matter what's said about it, and is likely to continue as a source of controversy long after the Supreme Court renders its decision this Thursday.
  24. Obamacare stymies their efforts with bureaucracy without making any effort to bolster their ranks or their morale.
  25. ObamaCare is leaving a comet tail of broken promises as it steamrolls its way through our economy and into our lives.
  26. Obamacare instead could be repealed and replaced with far superior reforms...which in fact are the author's recommendations.
  27. ObamaCare is just the latest in a very long series of Unconstitutional Federal over reaches never intended by our Founding Fathers.
  28. Obamacare will speed the U.S. along the road to insolvency.
  29. Obamacare also means that for up to 20 million Americans, they will lose the insurance they currently have, the insurance that they like and they want to keep.
  30. Obamacare is a job killer.
  31. Obamacare will die at least one of three deaths: judicial, political or economic. If the Supreme Court allows this abomination to stand, voters can still deliver its death blow at the polls in November.
  32. Obamacare sticks the states with a $50 billion additional copay on a vastly-expanded version of Medicaid—and threatens to withdraw every Medicaid dollar from a state if they refuse—while at the same time continuing to tax all the citizens of that state through their bi-weekly payroll taxes is an unconstitutional assault on the status of the states as sovereigns that are coequal with the federal government.
  33. ObamaCare uses the Social Security language of the Internal Revenue Code to determine who is eligible for “religious conscience” objection to the insurance mandate.
  34. ObamaCare is specifically written not to apply equally to everyone.
  35. Obamacare is what happens when things like the commerce clause are allowed to be distorted. Like the right uses it to ban marijuana despite it should be a state issue and despite the Constitution having been amended (twice!) to ban alcohol.
  36. Obamacare is yet another vehicle designed to TAKE our God given Freedom.

Evidence please,studies please and not from Fox News or AEI or the Koch Brothers. Everything you have said there is an outright falsehood and I mean everything.

Lordtekk

Nothing in life is free
So they should die ? When our healthcare is taken away and it will be eventually let's see how many of you will start screaming.It says Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness,not nothing in life is free. It is a constitutional right to have access to healthcare. [h=1]Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness[/h].

Lordtekk

Still blaming Bush?
It took 8 years to create this mess do you think it can be fixed in 4 years with a hostile Congress ? "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." Quote Mitch McConnell minority leader of the Senate. Yeah things are going to get done. Please spare me with the talking points. They have been trying to sabotage this Presidency since day one. Politics before Country is the Republican motto these days.

Lordtekk

Which Amendment would that fall under?
We have 9 Supreme Court Justices reading the same Constitution but yet most decisions are 5-4,they interpret the constitution the way they think and I interpret as I see fit. You know like the Bible. By the way that would be under the Life part or pursuit of happiness. It makes me happy to have healthcare or I need healthcare to extend my life. You pick the one that you like best. I didn't write it dude I am interpreting it my way.

Lordtekk

Looks like Romney will win. Let's see how his policies work out. And it's about more than just the economy. Obama's administration has tried to force religious institutions to violate their conscience. And we're supposed to have a transparent government yet we now have two incidents where American citizens were killed. Sending thousands of unmonitored guns into the hands of drug cartels in Mexico as well as removing security teams inspite requests for them in Libya. In both situations our administration has circled the wagons to protect it's own rather than firing responsible parties. Just because they're Democrats doesn't mean you should support them no matter what.

The remark about who doesn't want free healthcare is telling. The reason our finances are in such a mess is apparently there's no restraint. Just print money to pay the bills. It's very much like our situation at FedEx. Certainly FedEx could do better but people here think we should receive as much compensation as UPS drivers. We are two very different companies and FedEx has costs UPS doesn't. Notice how there's more profit with trucking the freight? Yes, I know about the cheap employees. But UPS has been trucking the bulk of it's freight forever. It's more profitable than if they sent most of it by plane. As FedEx Ground grows FedEx will become more and more profitable, but if money is spent on drivers it'll be on the Ground guys. That's where the growth is. We're on the short end of the stick at Express and yet y'all think we should be getting $30+hr with great benefits while the Ground guys are working for half of that, or less, with no benefits. Real World 101 says y'all have unrealistic expectations and yet you kick and scream and carry on like spoiled teenagers. It's no wonder the country is in huge trouble. Everyone wants and wants, and very few seem to realize the piper needs to be paid. You will soon enough.​
Where to start ? No Romney will not win,Obama will win in a landslide, I do not believe in polls. A sampling of a thousand people can not determine the outcome of 131.3 million people who voted in 2008 if more people paid attention they would see how ridiculous that sounds. He has not forced religious institutions to violate their conscience because if they had a conscience they would not accept Federal money from a government that condones abortion,do you see the hypocrisy ? Those are the ones who are being asked to follow the law,the ones who take the money. Conscience a problem then don't take the money. Problem solved. See that was easy. The unmonitored guns happened on Bush's watch.The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) ran a series of "gunwalking" sting operations[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP] between 2006 and 2011. Hmmm who was President in 2006 ? Oh that's right Bush. So Republicans get amnesia again like the last 8 years did not happen.
Less than three weeks ahead of the presidential election, Republicans are using the cables to attack President Obama on his foreign policy, despite the State Department's claim that it was solely responsible for the decisions to deny Stevens' requests for more security in Libya. So exploit a tragedy for politics ? Republican 101 no morals,no scruple's no shame. I have no idea how long you have been at Fedex,but I have been there long enough to remember when we were on par with UPS. Fedex decided to make an entire new company to service Ground packages that's their decision but even if they would have given us the Ground packages,guess what ? We still would make the same. When people say wages are
competitive it means they are not. It's their way of saving face. So I helped build this company to where it is today and I expect to get paid that way. Selfish yes but since when is Fedex not as selfish. 80% raise for the C something O. Puhlease.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So when you said, "It is a constitutional right to have access to healthcare", yet can't tell me which of the 27 amendments covers this, does this mean that you have no idea what you are talking about and are making stuff up as you go along?

This is what I found when I Google "Is access to healthcare a guaranteed right under the US Constitution?":
The U.S. Constitution does not set forth an explicit right to health care. While the Supreme Courtwould likely find that the Constitution provides a right to obtain health care services at one’s ownexpense from willing providers, the Supreme Court has never interpreted the Constitution asguaranteeing a right to health care services from the government for those who cannot afford it.The Supreme Court has, however, held that the government has an obligation to provide medicalcare in certain limited circumstances, such as for prisoners.

Last edited:

Lordtekk

So when you said, "It is a constitutional right to have access to healthcare", yet can't tell me which of the 27 amendments covers this, does this mean that you have no idea what you are talking about and are making stuff up as you go along?

This is what I found when I Google "Is access to healthcare a guaranteed right under the US Constitution?":
The U.S. Constitution does not set forth an explicit right to health care. While the Supreme Courtwould likely find that the Constitution provides a right to obtain health care services at one’s ownexpense from willing providers, the Supreme Court has never interpreted the Constitution asguaranteeing a right to health care services from the government for those who cannot afford it.The Supreme Court has, however, held that the government has an obligation to provide medicalcare in certain limited circumstances, such as for prisoners.
And where does it say abortion ? Where does it say prisoners ? You are not following me it is interpretation of the constitution,where does it say separation of church and state ? You are using semantics to make a point but you leave out everything else. I interpret it to say the government has to provide free healthcare. Me,Yo, Moi.But I assume if it were up to you they can all die and throw them on the side of the street because the government does not have to treat them with dignity or respect so let the vultures eat them,because where does it say they have to bury them in potters field ? Ayn Rand would be proud if she did not live her waning years sucking on the government teat she disdained. By the way while you were looking at that did you see the part of life and the pursuit of happiness ? Because I notice you have no Randian response for that.

Chumpy

Obama Care will NOT work for anyone! Is Congress or any other "elected" official coming under this monster of bureaucracy? I think not. Ask anyone who has socialized medicine how well it works! Need an MRI or Pet scan or angiogram for that matter? Sure,you'll wait 6-8 months on a waitng list and then wait another 5-6 months for results. You'd die of old age under this plan! Terrible,terrible.....

klein

Für Meno :)
Obama Care will NOT work for anyone! Is Congress or any other "elected" official coming under this monster of bureaucracy? I think not. Ask anyone who has socialized medicine how well it works! Need an MRI or Pet scan or angiogram for that matter? Sure,you'll wait 6-8 months on a waitng list and then wait another 5-6 months for results. You'd die of old age under this plan! Terrible,terrible.....

Oh yeah, why is that girl that got shot by the Taliban getting treatment in England by the NHS (National Healthcare System) ?

Maybe because it's half the price and just as effecient ?

Chumpy

Oh,yeah! That young girl shot in the head in PAKISTAN for standing up for her right to an education! PAKISTAN! Yeah,like she'd get good treatment there. It's a Mohammaden country where women and girls are treated like second,third,even 4th class citizens. They are a 3rd world country under Islamic rule. The Taliban would have tried to kill her and that's why she was moved to England. Pakistan? PLEASE!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh,yeah! That young girl shot in the head in PAKISTAN for standing up for her right to an education! PAKISTAN! Yeah,like she'd get good treatment there. It's a Mohammaden country where women and girls are treated like second,third,even 4th class citizens. They are a 3rd world country under Islamic rule. The Taliban would have tried to kill her and that's why she was moved to England. Pakistan? PLEASE!

Has this become Tea Party Central? WTF!!

Goldilocks

By the way you don't like being called dude then don't respond to my posts. Dude.

Are you a guy or a woman? Please, not being disrespectful, please dont take it like that but you sound and write with emotion. You sound like a woman to me....I openly admit being, Hispanic, Female,Catholic, over 50 and middleclass. Also, not very many men call eachother dude on the internet.

vantexan

And where does it say abortion ? Where does it say prisoners ? You are not following me it is interpretation of the constitution,where does it say separation of church and state ? You are using semantics to make a point but you leave out everything else. I interpret it to say the government has to provide free healthcare. Me,Yo, Moi.But I assume if it were up to you they can all die and throw them on the side of the street because the government does not have to treat them with dignity or respect so let the vultures eat them,because where does it say they have to bury them in potters field ? Ayn Rand would be proud if she did not live her waning years sucking on the government teat she disdained. By the way while you were looking at that did you see the part of life and the pursuit of happiness ? Because I notice you have no Randian response for that.

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are in the Declaration of Independence, not the Constitution. Bush Administration had a much smaller, carefully coordinated with the Mexican gov't gun walking program. Designed to see how guns were moving from the States to the cartels. Obama admin dumped thousands of guns and didn't coordinate with the Mexicans. Resulted in several hundred Mexican citizens being murdered as well as a couple of Americans. And you can obfuscate all you want, the Obama admin tried to shift blame for the Libya attack on a spontaneous demonstration that got out of hand. There were a number of smaller attacks, then the major one with rockets, AK-47's and grenades. Numerous requests for security personnel were made in the months leading up to this and they were told to make do. And the attack came on 9/11. Get it?