• Not sure, I fell asleep like the VP.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Great.

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

menotyou

bella amicizia
Re: Obamas Budget Speach Was.....

At least he doesn't expect my grandmother to shoulder the burden of the debt largely caused by wars she, nor I, asked for. Most of the billionaires who speak in public, have said they believe a tax hike, for now, would be prudent. Why is Mr. Ryan sooooooo opposed to this?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Re: Obamas Budget Speach Was.....

...typical B.O. garbage. Cutting defense spending while getting into yet another war? Inflation is going to kill our currency. You'll be able to use quarters as skipping rocks because they'll be worthless.
Only 21 more months of this clown...

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Not saying he isn't a clown, but what other clown would you have, instead?

I'd take anyone who is not a clown. While I profess to be a strong conservative myself, Democrat or Republican, the health of our country, its economy, and its defense are what's most important. I can deal with the rest of the liberal banter as long as the politician in question is strong on those three points.

In a perfect world, this country would be run by a businessman or woman, not some snake-oil selling community organizer from Chicago.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
We need someone who is serious about cutting spending to reduce the deficit. It's not a tax problem, it's a spending problem. The president's WTF program...Win The Future (doesn't he have people to review his acronyms)....I think it's perfect !! His WTF program is full of new spending.

moreluck

golden ticket member
margulies.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its amazing how many of you are "trapped" by right wing talking points... Cutting taxes, cutting spending, smaller goverment, blah blah blah....

For the last 31 years since Ronald Reagan (the first to exceed the trillion dollar level, and in fact left 3.7 trillion in debt when he left office) this country has LOST revenue each year despite the claims by the republicans.

We wouldnt be in this mess if we as a nation hadnt shipped 15.5 million jobs out of this country. For every job that leaves this country, valuable dollars in taxes go along with it.

Reagan cut taxes for the top 1% of earners 25% and ran a deficit every year he was in office. Reagan took unemployment to 10.7% by the end of his second year. Reagan spent 3 dollars for every 1 dollar taken in by the federal goverment. Corporations began their exodus from this country during this 8 year period. Reagan RAISED taxes on the middle class in 7 areas in the last 4 years of his term to try and curb his running deficits.

Bush 1 insisted "no new taxes on the rich" and added another 2 trillion to Reagans mess. Bush 1 was FORCED to raise taxes in order to keep the goverment from going broke. When he left after 4 years and running the country into the ground, he left almost 5 trillion in debt for Clinton.

Clinton came in and RAISED taxes on the top 1%, created jobs here in the states, took unemployment down, balanced the budget with deep cuts, and put this country on solid footing for 8 years.

Bush2 comes into the white house and CUTS taxes on the top 1% of earners 25% again, takes unemployment to 7%, leaves a 10.7 trillion dollar debt, leaves 2 wars ongoing and unpaid, passes a drug prescription bill costing a half trillion that went unpaid, corporations leave the united states at a rate higher than at any time in history, creates a housing crisis, creates a financial crisis and places the USA in the biggest recession since the great depression along with the cooperation of the republican held congress and senate and destroys 8 years of good times.

Now the republicans want to convince americans that "they" have the right answers to our problems as a country?

They are the problem, not the solution.

We can all agree that taxes are high, but this country needs revenue to operate. You want the latest fighter jets? that costs money. You want the latest baval ships? that costs money. You want space shuttles? that costs money. You want nuclear weapons? that costs money. You want nice roads? that costs money. etc etc etc.....the list goes on and on.

You want to balance the budget? Ok, lets cut what we DONT need.

I suggest we shut down NASA. We dont need to go to the moon or mars. We can resume this when the country is in better shape. I suggest we cut the enormous defense spending on future projects. We have enough aircraft, missiles, bombs, bullets, ships, tanks and such to destroy the planet 10 times over. I suggest we end all subsidies for oil companies, as they are making billions of dollars in profits and dont need the goverments assistance. I suggest we end all foreign aid to countries that are the richest in the world like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait and such. I suggest we CUT the salaries of the congress, senate and their staffs in HALF. I suggest we end the funding of presidential political campaigns.

With these cuts and raising of taxes, we could balance the budget for years to come.

But, the republicans will never go for it. They look out for the rich and convince the poor to support it through the use of talking points.

Its amazing how many people will hurt themselves to support a political party that does not have their best interest at heart.

Peace.

klein

Für Meno :)
Too bad the American people can't vote on a budget like we do up here, when it's a minority government.
They would have that choice which are either tax hikes for the rich, or get rid of medicare as they know it, and only subsidize it for the poor, and lower middle class citizens.
All others would probably need to pay a share or all of it.

Wonder how the American people would vote on that.
Over, why don't you put that in a poll ?

Last edited:

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, maybe the right wingers should donate money to all the rich people, (instead of the United Way), in their neighborhoods, so they can go out and create more jobs ?
Get the government out of it, and the people can give on their own, instead of a forced donation by the government.
(I do consider tax breaks a donation or atleast a subsidy)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, maybe the right wingers should donate money to all the rich people, (instead of the United Way), in their neighborhoods, so they can go out and create more jobs ?
Get the government out of it, and the people can give on their own, instead of a forced donation by the government.
(I do consider tax breaks a donation or atleast a subsidy)
My expression is like....WTF.......and I don't mean win the future!!

over9five

Staff member
I suggest we shut down NASA. We dont need to go to the moon or mars. We can resume this when the country is in better shape. I suggest we cut the enormous defense spending on future projects. We have enough aircraft, missiles, bombs, bullets, ships, tanks and such to destroy the planet 10 times over. I suggest we end all subsidies for oil companies, as they are making billions of dollars in profits and dont need the goverments assistance. I suggest we end all foreign aid to countries that are the richest in the world like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait and such. I suggest we CUT the salaries of the congress, senate and their staffs in HALF. I suggest we end the funding of presidential political campaigns.

I agree with all of that.

But I don't agree that just the Republicans wouldn't go for it. Just last year the Democrats controlled all Washington, and they did NOTHING about the budget.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Quit giving out welfare $$ to drug addicts and stop the fraud in Medicare & Medicaid that Obama lets go on since he's mentioned it a couple years ago.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
no more foreign aid, unless they are giving it to us

How do we stay safe unless we continue to pay-off the bad guys? The US has been using $$$ to fund all sorts of dictators and despots for a long time, mostly to keep them from doing something stupid.