Oil reaching the Gulf Coast

fxdwg

Long Time Member
The Gulf Coast beaches were deserted over the last holiday compared to what they normally would be. All the hotels, restaurants, businesses should sue BP.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Wow ! Hadn't had time to watch the videos, yet.... but looked at the devestating pics.
Very, very sad, indeed ! :(
And the worst part is that you're feeding off of this thing like it's some sort of great soap opera. How many times are you gonna say it's so sad, bad, a tragedy or calamity? We get it KLEIN!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And the worst part is that you're feeding off of this thing like it's some sort of great soap opera. How many times are you gonna say it's so sad, bad, a tragedy or calamity? We get it KLEIN!
I wish it were a soap opera. I guess Im guilty of feeding off of it to. I like to think of it as keeping informed. No matter how many videos or how much news I watch, I just keep thinking, how sad, how tragic, and what a clustermess. And how unnecesary that it got to where it is.

klein

Für Meno :)

Well, please all listen now to Steve. Please post no more links or vids, nor pics here. And if you really do feel the urgent need to do so, then please don't comment on them.
Afterall, we all get it !

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well, please all listen now to Steve. Please post no more links or vids, nor pics here. And if you really do feel the urgent need to do so, then please don't comment on them.
Afterall, we all get it !
I'm sorry, I should have said I, then maybe you could have come back with something else, like always, instead of reading my post for what it is, you choose to pick a piece for your come back. Your constant comments on this issue smack of I TOLD YOU SO. And you keep telling us so. Do I not have eyes of my own? I can see that there is a mess, and actually, I'm WAY closer to the mess than you are. Your constant barage of I TOLD YOU SO isn't doing anything to change/help the situation.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I'm sorry, I should have said I, then maybe you could have come back with something else, like always, instead of reading my post for what it is, you choose to pick a piece for your come back. Your constant comments on this issue smack of I TOLD YOU SO. And you keep telling us so. Do I not have eyes of my own? I can see that there is a mess, and actually, I'm WAY closer to the mess than you are. Your constant barage of I TOLD YOU SO isn't doing anything to change/help the situation.

Steve,
For what it's worth, I've had similar thoughts about the I told you so; or the US shouldn't have allowed it; etc.
But Klein makes some good points (kinda' sorta' in a way).
I hate to admit that I need to be deluged with images of poor animals, dead animals, vacant beaches, out of work shrimpers, tar balls, kids in oil after swimming to remind me of the things that I personally take for granted and assume are being looked after appropriately.
I'm not about to chain myself to a tree, but I think more about things I haven't in the past.
I will aloow him to submit whatever he likes and I'll read it and move on or comment. As you continue to do....very well and down to earth too, I may add.:peaceful:

P

pickup

The letter that precedes "z" in the alphabet does not work on the keeboard I am using, so bear with me. I perceived that "I told u so" attitude in klein's comments and got what u said , steve, before the explanation in post 476.

klein

Wow ! Hadn't had time to watch the videos, yet.... but looked at the devestating pics.
Very, very sad, indeed ! :(

Get real !!!! How do you get "I told you so" out of that ?

Yeah, about 6 weeks ago , maybe even longer then that, I posted a comment, like I told you so. But, not anytime recently or even in the past month.
Now, it's just a hude disaster, that doesn't seem to wanna stop.
And, yes, it's scary, and "I" find it scary !

Besides, all that our birds fly south and there for the winter, among with our sealife, such as whales, tuna, and many other species.
And the fall is fastly approaching.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
You Are Not Authorized To See These Pictures Of The Oil Spill Citizen, ...Do Not Look!

by DFX July 12, 2010 10:46 Preface: The title is a parody of the fact that the government has effectively While most of these pictures have previously been published by the mainstream media - and presumably will remain publicly available - that assumption is not 100% certain. By way of analogy, the government sometimes reclassifies as top secret information which was previously declassified.

More importantly, while some of these photos have been widely seen, most have not, and I have never seen them rounded up in a single page before.
Jonathan Elinoff has rounded up rarely-seen videos and pictures of the gulf oil spill:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Get real !!!! How do you get "I told you so" out of that ?

Yeah, about 6 weeks ago , maybe even longer then that, I posted a comment, like I told you so. But, not anytime recently or even in the past month.
Now, it's just a hude disaster, that doesn't seem to wanna stop.
And, yes, it's scary, and "I" find it scary !

Besides, all that our birds fly south and there for the winter, among with our sealife, such as whales, tuna, and many other species.
And the fall is fastly approaching.
Canada's very own, huh?

diesel96

stooges-dentist-2.jpg

Is it just me, or is opening up BaBa and Lue's pics and links this painful....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
And the first lady praised the southern beaches and wished more people would visit the area, yet her family will be on vacation in Maine.

( do as I say, not as I do )

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Democrats refused to allow a vote today on an amendment introduced today by Rep. Paul Broun, R-Ga., to ensure press access to the gulf oil spill. Broun’s amendment was a response to numerous reports that government authorities and BP are keeping the press away from areas affected by the spill. The amendment reads as follows:
Except in cases of imminent harm to human life, federal officials shall allow free and open access to the media of oil spill clean up activity occurring on public lands or public shorelines, including the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill.

The amendment was introduced during committee markup of the CLEAR Act, a cap and trade bill being championed by Sen. Maria Cantwell, D-Wash., and Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine.
“The media has a responsibility to not only accurately report the news but to keep everyone associated with the spill accountable. President Obama promised transparency, but we have seen numerous examples where that is not the case,” said Rep. Broun in a statement. “There is no excuse for reporters and photographers to be denied access to public places unless their life is in imminent danger. This amendment is necessary in order to eliminate any confusion and ensure that First Amendment rights truly are protected.”
Media outlets such as The New York Times, Columbia Journalism Review, and NPR have written damning reports of the government’s unreasonable attempts to limit access to the spill. The New Orleans Times-Picayune was prohibited from flying a plane over the spill so a photographer could get pictures. Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., was denied permission to take a boat out to the spill with reporters and examine the catastrophe affecting his state. The Associated Press sent a letter of protest with the White House over the arbitrary restrictions. A CBS camera crew was threatened with arrest for trying to report from a beach affected by the spill.
Washington Examiner

klein

Yup, Baba, and all that tells me the spill is even larger then anyone can imagine. They want to keep it away not only from americans, but also the entire world.
Now, if this spill would have happened in Russia, we would be seeing Satellite pics, and more, and ofcourse condemming them for trying to cover it up.

It will probably effect the entire atlantic ocean, and then some. To Europe, Africa and to Canada, etc.

Luckily I don't eat seafood. But, I'm starting to wonder if the Red Lobster restaurant chain is going to go under because of all this.

We don't even know the entire impact this will have on the planet, to mankind, and entire eco life, including animals.

PS (Go ahead Stug, I know I shouldn't comment on this thread anymore).