On site accident

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Some mechanics are cool. Some consider anything they fix to be an accident and will write it up as such. I know many, many drivers who have lost their jobs by having unreported accidents, whether they even knew it happened or not. What you have going for you, is this is the worst possible time of the year to suspend or fire a driver. Let us know what transpires. Good luck.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You might need that mechanic to back up your story if things get hairy for ya. At least you can say you didn't just blow off the whole incident that way. Couldn't hurt.
hell, it sounds like the mechanic might have been the one who told mgt about it...at least with the facts we have on here..

Tired of the Bee S

Sorry for late responses, yes it was the rubber latch on the passenger side. Pretty sure he got it fixed no problem. Im sure the whole building heard it, we arent a huge center, and 2 employees heard and came to help. After lengthy calls and talking between union rep and labor manager, they agreed to warning letter but dq'd me for 12 months. Funny thing is apparently you can still drive air even though you are dq'd. I am getting to continue to work my preload shift and can bid on anything other than full time driver for 12 months as the accident will be on my record until that time is up. Guess it could've been worse. I dont drive much during the year so it sucks i miss out on the next week or so plus i imagine i will have to go back to driving school and do another packet?
Needless to say I will be calling a sup anytime Im not sure of anything. Thanks for all the responses peeps

rkctkc

You miss out on an entire year of progression. And senority. And I'm not so sure how your building is, but I'm not so sure there will even be any full time slots for you in a year. That year wait may turn out to be 5

Tired of the Bee S

You miss out on an entire year of progression. And senority. And I'm not so sure how your building is, but I'm not so sure there will even be any full time slots for you in a year. That year wait may turn out to be 5
No, they specifically stated my seniority and everything was still the same. And yes there probably won't be a full time spot opening this year which wouldn't matter even if this never happened because Im not going to get it anyways soooo

rkctkc

Nevermind just reread the first post. since your part time going into a part time job you're not going to lose any seniority. But you sure are going to miss out on lot of money.

Tired of the Bee S

Well, yea the next 2 weeks for sure, but after peak i doubt i would see much driving anyways. Only thing that i am worried about is when my 12 months ends, does everything go back the way it was or do i have to redo driving school and packet? Neither steward or sup could answer this morning. ..

watdaflock?

Uh no actually it doesnt, dunno you're angle hear but did you not read the entire thread

I am getting to continue to work my preload shift and can bid on anything other than full time driver for 12 months as the accident will be on my record until that time is up.

Congrats. Don't mind me being a smart ash....I'm a jerk.
I took it as you were a new hire and had not gone through the probation period.

1pocket73

I have a combo job(feeder/package car)and have seen a lot.If I was to name or list all of the gouges,scratches,dings and dents I have seen on our package cars and trailers I would need 5 notebooks!I'd also be willing to bet that a good majority of those were NOT reported.

Management puts so much fear into the drivers regarding accidents and they basically make a spectacle and crucify those who get into accidents.They actually motivate drivers to not report an incident if they can get away with it because of the fear.

I have had a few minor(less than tier 1)incidents which I reported immediately,but let me tell you,the temptation to not report it was there.I can understand how a driver would not report an incident if they could get away with it.It's not the right thing to do,but like I said,I can see why.

Maybe if management had a different approach to accidents and injuries,there would be more honesty and better communication.The way they do it sets up a division and an underground war between themselves and drivers.Just a thought....

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I had a driver who got "fired" for a similar offense and now I waste hours each year signing off about every scratch on every thing he drives.