One 10 minute break.

stephieclion

Thats really cool! Anyways...."unscheduled break" is a real thing. And its commonly joked about in my neck of the woods... But I doubt every position in the country has all the same rules. Anyways, I was poking a little fun at a rule I felt was ridiculous.

stephieclion

Steph apparently worked in a call center, and was probably one of those operators who told customers, "of course your driver can spend 45 minutes backtracking to your house because you were too lazy to get off your butt and answer the door."
I worked in a call center, but not as a customer service agent. I was Field Support.... Commonly known as FSG. I worked with internal UPSers and handled alot of things. And I am sorry you are so angry

stephieclion

ANYWAYS, I located the information I needed when I came on the site. Sorry for even posting anything. I have a new life and not so angry anymore. Really tho, I guess i have no reason to stay on here while people make fun of me. Your negativity and rudeness can be taken with a grain of salt, and I guess I can add a little sugar and bit to you fairwell mean UPS people.

stephieclion

Field Support usually works closely with the Sales Teams in meeting the needs of the larger customers that UPS has. It was pretty much an office job.. Anyways, maybe you can ask someone what FSG is, I don't know what else to tell you.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
ANYWAYS, I located the information I needed when I came on the site. Sorry for even posting anything. I have a new life and not so angry anymore. Really tho, I guess i have no reason to stay on here while people make fun of me. Your negativity and rudeness can be taken with a grain of salt, and I guess I can add a little sugar and bit to you fairwell mean UPS people.

Steph, sweetie. Believe me, I am far from angry.

I've spent the last four peaks enjoying retired life.

Good luck.

stephieclion

Alright it was fun ya'll... and peace be with you crazy ass fed ex people who are chillin on a UPS forum.... I'm good with just handing my packages to the good looking Fed Ex and UPS Drivers and not dealing with any more than that.

Overpaid Union Thug

Some of us don't get a break even when working 12 hours or more in the hub.

These types of things need to be addressed with contract proposals for each supplement.
State laws would come into play. Here our preloaders could cite state law to get a total of 30 minutes if they work over 6 hours. So in our case the problem is that someone just needs to grow a pair and enforce the law.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm good with just handing my packages to the good looking UPS Driver
I get that alot but I didn't know you were on my route. You should have introduced yourself sooner, I would have put all these losers here on notice that you were coming and not to friend* with you.

But since you didn't, it's all on you now!

Hellobrown2000

What's the process/ likelihood of getting something in the 2018 contract for the guys who are working 8+ hours during peak and only getting one ten minute break?
Call your ba or local pres. The breaks are up to your center manager. For 2 years we had the same issue in our building. I was on the sort aisle and we kinda banded together one day we didn't come back on time and after the shift we all called the Union. they had a meeting and we had 30 minutes all together or 2 15 minute breaks. We also threatened to get osha involved. We were working 10-12 hours it got old quick. Find people who are serious about it and do something together to get it fixed.