One In 5 Young Adults Doing Absolutely Nothing

rod

Retired 22 years
Like I said in a subsequent post, I adapted. I shifted priorities. These idiots can keep their $300k houses. I'll live out of a van before I shell that kind of money out for some McMansion or flipped bull*. But people like living on debt. If nobody paid this *, the market would crash and prices would go way down.
Ignore- hit the wrong button

vantexan

Like I said in a subsequent post, I adapted. I shifted priorities. These idiots can keep their $300k houses. I'll live out of a van before I shell that kind of money out for some McMansion or flipped bull*. But people like living on debt. If nobody paid this *, the market would crash and prices would go way down.
And then there are the ongoing expenses. My dad owns a nice home, and it's paid for. Cost about $20k to outright build in the mid-60's, now worth $300k in Central Florida. But he has property taxes and maintenance and repairs. Drops a thousand here, a few thousand there every so often. I'd rather rent.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
from age 12 onward we told all our kids they were OUT at age 18 unless they went to college. ( 6 children )

all are doing very well. all well employed, all have families and have kids.

we parents were strict. not pals to our kids. they couldnt wait to move out.

years later every single one thanked us for being tough on them.

refineryworker05

This is the stuff that conservatives care about, but they can't be bothered to understand it. Reading a headline and then Imagining some group of people are lazy and suck based on ignoring the point of the article is peak conservative believing.