One Word

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Decent.
My reason; I feel my career at UPS has been more good for me than bad. Lately,however, I worry things are taking a serious downturn. Telematics, Orion, general attitude of management, sooner or later quality people won't work here anymore, and our days are numbered after that.

We are going through just what you are talking about.
We have a need for 7 drivers in our center. There have probably been at least 30 candidates. Of those that have interviewed, most have got up and left after the initial interview. They want the wage but not the work load. Those that stay, wail and moan about having more than an 8 hr plan.
It used to be that a job with UPS was coveted by those that were looking for a great job. The job included a great wage, benefits, perks such as awards for safe driving and years of service, OH.....and the turkeys. Everyone needs to feel appreciated and these things mattered. When they discontinued these programs it was the beginning of the end for morale and pride in the company.
Now....we have people turning up their nose at $19 starting wage and walking away.
The word is out.....Don't work at UPS. They will get what they want from you and then kick you to the curb when they have used you up.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Maturity. I've only been with the company for about 7 years but I was a pampered, spoiled, little brat when I got hired (think Joffery for all you Game of Thrones fans). My time in the hub has taught me humility and all that hard work while balancing other life stuff has built some much needed character and made me into a better man. As a driver, I've had to learn to deal with my fears and my anxiety. I continue to grow as a person because of this job. The bull:censored2: sucks, but I really believe that it forces me to learn how to deal with it in a more positive manner.

This. Started UPS as a naive kid, now I'm much more mature, and understand the world better.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Sheetz.

It's where I go after preload. It's where I take lunch when I deliver. It's where I fuel the truck. It's where I take break. The big sign is like a lighthouse haven from the distance. When they tell me I'm shuttling air, it's the first image that pops into my mind. When I make it to the Sheetz, it's when I know it's all going to be okay.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Disappointment

Although I'm a center manager, the career opportunities at UPS just aren't there for advancement. Especially for one that generally speaks his mind and has a low tolerance for BS and ignorance. I never "went along" like the weenies that got the promotions. I always called it like I saw it. Plain and simple. If it was wrong, I'd say so...The "leadership" didn't care for that. I'm surrounded by CYA types. THAT's the reason this company is going down the chute. I've got 28 years in, 24 were actually productive. Now, I just don't give a flying Fork anymore....

Disappointment

Although I'm a center manager, the career opportunities at UPS just aren't there for advancement. Especially for one that generally speaks his mind and has a low tolerance for BS and ignorance. I never "went along" like the weenies that got the promotions. I always called it like I saw it. Plain and simple. If it was wrong, I'd say so...The "leadership" didn't care for that. I'm surrounded by CYA types. THAT's the reason this company is going down the chute. I've got 28 years in, 24 were actually productive. Now, I just don't give a flying Fork anymore....
You are correct. Most of the long time sups are just counting the days till they can get the friend* out.