opt in out list

B

Brown and Down

Where is the opt out or in list? Heard nothing about it in 804. Is the list posted in any other buildings? Any thoughts....

Archiater

As management, I have been begging to see new contract. Not even locals have it yet printed. How am I to act on new policies??

Fullhouse

As management, I have been begging to see new contract. Not even locals have it yet printed. How am I to act on new policies??
Listen to your Stewards! Well,they should have access to a copy. Down here copies were passes out in December. Those copies only contained the language/articles that were changed.

Fullhouse

Where is the opt out or in list? Heard nothing about it in 804. Is the list posted in any other buildings? Any thoughts....
Those sign up lists are only to be posted in Jan and June. The months of peak do not apply (Nov + Dec). The sign up only last for 5 months. Two lists are to be posted. One for opt in and one for opt out. Opt in means you do not wish the excessive overtime, and you retain your right to file over 9.5 grievances. The opt out means you are willing to work over 9.5 and you give up your right to file.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
And to finish what Fullhouse said........... The lists are only up for the month of Jan and June. If you do not sign it you automatically are opted out. You can opt in when the next list comes up.

J

JonFrum

And to finish what Fullhouse said........... The lists are only up for the month of Jan and June. If you do not sign it you automatically are opted out. You can opt in when the next list comes up.

Article 37 says, "Each full-time seniority driver in the center must make an election to opt-in or opt-out . . . "

The Contract doesn't say what happens if a driver fails to opt-in or opt-out. If anything, a driver who fails to choose should be considered an "opt-in" since that is the default position, and preserves his options to make an under-9.5 request and, if necessary, file a 9.5 grievance in the future.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Article 37 says, "Each full-time seniority driver in the center must make an election to opt-in or opt-out . . . "

The Contract doesn't say what happens if a driver fails to opt-in or opt-out. If anything, a driver who fails to choose should be considered an "opt-in" since that is the default position, and preserves his options to make an under-9.5 request and, if necessary, file a 9.5 grievance in the future.
I do agree with you and because there isn't a definitive statement about automatically being opted in you know damn good and well the company will take advantage of that and opt you out.