Option Week Vacation Credit (Southern Region Supplement)

EmraldArcher

Had a question regarding how option weeks count towards the required 156 reports to earn full vacation credit for a year.

I assume it's calculated based on the option you choose, if you take it as a week of vacation it counts as 5 reports, if you take is as personal days it counts as 7.

I figured I would get confirmation though since it's never safe to assume anything works logically at UPS.

Thanks.

clean hairy

I am in the Southern and you have 3 options for option days.
Take a week off, paid for (part time 29 hours, full time 45 hours I believe)
Take the $ with no time off.
Take the days as per the contract, "the first 7 days missed each year will be used as option 3 days."
You do not really get to schedule them off, as long as you call in at least (90 min?) prior to start time, tell them you are using an option day, you are good.
Any unused option days are paid out at the end of the year.

EmraldArcher

I am in the Southern and you have 3 options for option days.
Take a week off, paid for (part time 29 hours, full time 45 hours I believe)
Take the $ with no time off.
Take the days as per the contract, "the first 7 days missed each year will be used as option 3 days."
You do not really get to schedule them off, as long as you call in at least (90 min?) prior to start time, tell them you are using an option day, you are good.
Any unused option days are paid out at the end of the year.

From what I have been told by a shop steward, the current interpretation of that language requires that they pay you an option day regardless of the circumstances of why you're not at work.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
From what I have been told by a shop steward, the current interpretation of that language requires that they pay you an option day regardless of the circumstances of why you're not at work.
And this is for management's option to burn your days as disciplining you while paying you for a day off doesn't hold up at panel. This really only effects those with excessive days off or go home guys. One other thing to note is how they code you out will have an impact if they decide to start disciplining for attendance. To protect yourself, make sure you are coded as "scheduled day off" if you're going home while reporting to work.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Will request off work as well?
As long as it doesn't show "called out" you should be fine. One other popular one used is "layoff" but employees filing 8hr guarantee when lower guys were working made that scarce. Didn't give the employer a leg to stand on when grievances were filed.

clean hairy

Looking at page 235 of the southern supplement right now.
29 hours part time, 58 hours full time.
They could have coded you incorrectly as ft instead of pt.
You do get 1 personal option day each year seperate from the option week.

asphaltcowboy

I wouldn't doubt it my pay is always screwed up but usually it's short. Just like mem day I was payed hub pay. I haven't been in the hub in over 2 years.

clean hairy

Of course with part timers, take the week off get 29 hours of $.
Take it as 7 random days off a year, you get 4 hours a day, total 28 hours, and you get 1 less hour of pay for the year as opposed to using it as a sceduled week off.