ORION 1.1 - New upgrade

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I think the customer should have to opt in to the program. I don't agree that we should be redirecting packages without their knowledge, they paid for us to deliver it to their residence, not the ups store down the street.
Some of these redirects aren't even at a ups store.... Sometimes it's a mini mart... Lol just wait until iPads and phones go missing... It's an absolute terrible situation. If I pay for ups service I am NOT going into the bad part of town to get a package at a minimart( someplace I would never step foot in any other time)... This is going to bite ups in the ass... Wait and see

Coldworld

60 months and counting
O-Over rated, R-Redundant, I-Idiotic, O-Oblivious, N-Not customer friendly. We had a PCM asking for more sales leads once again. With Orion in place it's hard to even talk with customers who get their shipments at different times of the day. Orion sent me down a residential road twice on Friday once in the a.m. then in the p.m. no next days to deliver. It does not perform as was told or possibly sold to UPS after reading articles from when it was first introduced. When customer service gets put to third or forth on our list of expectations from our own supervisors, where will we stand in the next few years. :nuke:
It's kinda like that plane the government spent billions on and everybody was telling them it wasn't working... They are crashing... Etc etc but there was so much money into it that they couldn't go back and redesign...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They have put too much money into it.... Dog and pony show for the shareholders... They can't throw it out now..they say you can never be too efficient.. Folks we hit that wall years ago...now to move forward they have to make stuff up... All smoke and mirrors, and a few runner gunners thrown in the mix!!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Some of these redirects aren't even at a ups store.... Sometimes it's a mini mart... Lol just wait until iPads and phones go missing... It's an absolute terrible situation. If I pay for ups service I am NOT going into the bad part of town to get a package at a minimart( someplace I would never step foot in any other time)... This is going to bite ups in the ass... Wait and see
All of ours go to UPS stores, and they have told me they make "nothing" on them. I don't know if that means they really make nothing because they're a UPS store, or if it's such a small amount that it's not worth the hassle. Can UPS stores opt out of the service like other access point receivers?

They have been very clear with me though that they deal with a lot of pissed off customers on a daily basis because of them. Sad thing is most people don't have a choice when it comes to who the shipper uses so I doubt customer complaints matter short term.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Going to?

I know guys from 5 different centers. None of us have any access points. They all dropped out before peak.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All of ours go to UPS stores, and they have told me they make "nothing" on them. I don't know if that means they really make nothing because they're a UPS store, or if it's such a small amount that it's not worth the hassle. Can UPS stores opt out of the service like other access point receivers?

They have been very clear with me though that they deal with a lot of :censored2: off customers on a daily basis because of them. Sad thing is most people don't have a choice when it comes to who the shipper uses so I doubt customer complaints matter short term.
Yes they can opt out. They are independently owned franchises.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

They have been very clear with me though that they deal with a lot of :censored2: off customers on a daily basis because of them. Sad thing is most people don't have a choice when it comes to who the shipper uses so I doubt customer complaints matter short term.
I know initially they went to all the ups stores first but they don't have to agree to it...I have seen one in a beat to 5hit mini mart that has the whole storefront filled with cigarette ads and Mexico money transfer ads and if you look real close in the corner there is a ups access point sign... No way in friend an I going in there to get a package and I will make sure they get it out of that hell hole and re deliver it...that imo looks so fing white trash and tacky...it's pitiful on a good day...yup ups turning into getto delivery company

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well I know of at least 7 that have opted out so it's possible.
There is a huge backlash towards ups with some of the owners of the ups stores.... They are Fed up with lots of the stuff that goes on....especially all of the ars drop offs that they collect little money on and ups using these stores as a misload and drop 15 to this driver situations...it's like anything else this company does it abuses situations over and over and they think it's ok because they are ups... Almost in an arrogant way at times..

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1457502536.531905.jpg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
They have put too much money into it.... Dog and pony show for the shareholders... They can't throw it out now..they say you can never be too efficient.. Folks we hit that wall years ago...now to move forward they have to make stuff up... All smoke and mirrors, and a few runner gunners thrown in the mix!!

They can throw it out.

Target spent $2B opening stores in Canada. Lost their arse. Pulled out and cut their losses.

UPS needs to follow their lead.