ORION 1.1 - New upgrade

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There's a country route I cover that gets like 150+ pkgs a day (many bags full). I always wonder about all the work we're losing.
I thought I saw somewhere on here where the union is trying to get better language on this surepost ???? I know they have met before and had some slight improvements but does anyone know if this is happening as of right now???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The other day I have seen surepost go to the po that was addressed to a business, and two surepost pkgs going to po for the same house...wtf??? I thought we were supposed to get these types of packages... Frustrating because we all know this has gone above and beyond matching a FedEx service!!! Wake the friend up union... They have to know what is going on here!!

wayfair

swollen member
Ya well a part timer figuring out which route his stuff was on, finding it in a blown out truck, and then finding someone to give him a property pass to get out with it would be more hassle than it's worth here. Not to mention you're ignoring the day, twilight, and midnight sort workers. But it's besides the point anyways.

Customers pay for delivery to their home, we make one attempt in the middle of the day and say screw you come pick it up yourself tomorrow. That's just flat out bad service.

I take it you've never pulled a W/C in the am before leaving?

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I am covering a route that has been changed to Orion but I ran it regular because I couldn't shuffle around my truck to run oriental...sup told me today that yesterday I only hit 84%...but that was without even trying to run it...the guys route this is is out because he got in an accident making a three point turn on a busy street because Orion told him too...first taste of Orion is absolutely heinous

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I am covering a route that has been changed to Orion but I ran it regular because I couldn't shuffle around my truck to run oriental...sup told me today that yesterday I only hit 84%...but that was without even trying to run it...the guys route this is is out because he got in an accident making a three point turn on a busy street because Orion told him too...first taste of Orion is absolutely heinous
Orion doesn't tell you to turn around in the street. It just tells you where your next stop is. Take the safest way, screw the miles.

billerz

Ya well a part timer figuring out which route his stuff was on, finding it in a blown out truck, and then finding someone to give him a property pass to get out with it would be more hassle than it's worth here. Not to mention you're ignoring the day, twilight, and midnight sort workers.
If you know you have a package coming, talk to the customer counter or your oms and have it put on will call.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you know you have a package coming, talk to the customer counter or your oms and have it put on will call.
Ok. It's kind of off topic anyways though.

How do you feel about access points getting packages after 1 attempt. Packages that could be left with a signed info notice on the second day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

How do you feel about access points getting packages after 1 attempt. Packages that could be left with a signed info notice on the second day.
The program is not available in my area. Is it something the customer can opt out of if they want the package re-attempted the next day?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The program is not available in my area. Is it something the customer can opt out of if they want the package re-attempted the next day?
Not exactly.
There's a route with close to 100 apartment stops, many of which are unsecured and the offices won't accept packages for tenants. Almost everyday I'm on it I get a few messages saying note certain NXA packages for the clerk as do not indirect to access point. People are having to call every time to get a second attempt. It's stuff that used to be released as SDN on the second attempt.

billerz

I think the customer should have to opt in to the program. I don't agree that we should be redirecting packages without their knowledge, they paid for us to deliver it to their residence, not the ups store down the street.

comtnbrown

O-Over rated, R-Redundant, I-Idiotic, O-Oblivious, N-Not customer friendly. We had a PCM asking for more sales leads once again. With Orion in place it's hard to even talk with customers who get their shipments at different times of the day. Orion sent me down a residential road twice on Friday once in the a.m. then in the p.m. no next days to deliver. It does not perform as was told or possibly sold to UPS after reading articles from when it was first introduced. When customer service gets put to third or forth on our list of expectations from our own supervisors, where will we stand in the next few years. :nuke:

Boulevard859710

O-Over rated, R-Redundant, I-Idiotic, O-Oblivious, N-Not customer friendly. We had a PCM asking for more sales leads once again. With Orion in place it's hard to even talk with customers who get their shipments at different times of the day. Orion sent me down a residential road twice on Friday once in the a.m. then in the p.m. no next days to deliver. It does not perform as was told or possibly sold to UPS after reading articles from when it was first introduced. When customer service gets put to third or forth on our list of expectations from our own supervisors, where will we stand in the next few years. :nuke:
In a common sense world the :censored2: who bought that piece of :censored2: would be lynched.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
For those who have seen "Animal House".....
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1457384593.413270.jpg