Orion Compliance

JL 0513

This is the NEW UPS and we are paid to work safely,by the methods,....

This is why I don't attempt to get a package that's inaccessible. It is unsafe and against all methods I was taught just this year. It would result in a twisted ankle crawling and stepping over packages and a pulled back over reaching for a package.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
This is why I don't attempt to get a package that's inaccessible. It is unsafe and against all methods I was taught just this year. It would result in a twisted ankle crawling and stepping over packages and a pulled back over reaching for a package.
not when you unload everything in the street to find it :peaceful:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
9 times out of 10 the most retarded stuff Orion tries to have you do is in the morning while running air. I've found most of it doesn't reduce miles at all and if Orion is going to have me take that same path later in the day I'll just disregard it and do it on route later.
No way I'm dumpster-diving if it isn't going to significantly reduce mileage.

One route I've been covering lately isn't changed that much by Orion as it's a lower mileage route and the EDD trace is pretty efficient. I was floored to see that for about 40 stops it mirrored EDD exactly, only to occasionally randomly change the order of delivery on a street to have me deliver the wrong side of the street for no reason whatsoever when it was having me drive right past those houses going the right direction later. It also liked to change the trips down side streets to have me make 2 left turns rather than going up the street and getting that side street when I could turn right twice. I don't get what it makes that change. It doesn't affect mileage at all.

JackStraw

we are scheduled to get it in either April or May and my group are planning on being 1

yep. We arent paid to manage the route,be efficient, satisfy customers etc. any longer .

This is the NEW UPS and we are paid to work safely,by the methods,and to follow the operations plans drawn up from a Cube Rat who has never seen the inside a package car. <shrug> the old days are long gone,aint coming back and ya'll might as well wave by to them in the rearview mirror
Much like there is no longer Music on MTV,or History on the History Channel ,Service will no longer really be a part of UPS in the coming years
Service no longer IS a part of UPS. When was the last time you had to go back on a send again to deliver somebody's pkg who wasn't available in the am? Sorry ma'am you'll have to come pick that up. Or, we can change the address and deliver to your work place(for a small fee). Or someone asking you to stop by later they have an ARS pkg to go out.(can't do that, that's padding your mileage and extending your day).Want a delivery at a certain time? Sure, but there's a nominal fee involved. Etc. etc. etc.

boxwayne

My route is combined with another loop, Orion has me passing business stops in the mourning to get me to deliver in another city 10 miles away. Then shoot back to get those business stops and go back to the furthest city to do my pick ups. If I just get everything on the way to the furthest city it would make to much sense. I have saved 31 miles before by not following Orion.

I feel like Orion is going to cost us to lose customers. But what do I know I'm just a truck driver on the front lines!

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Service no longer IS a part of UPS. When was the last time you had to go back on a send again to deliver somebody's pkg who wasn't available in the am? Sorry ma'am you'll have to come pick that up. Or, we can change the address and deliver to your work place(for a small fee). Or someone asking you to stop by later they have an ARS pkg to go out.(can't do that, that's padding your mileage and extending your day).Want a delivery at a certain time? Sure, but there's a nominal fee involved. Etc. etc. etc.

Sad but true. We now treat a single package going to a home the same as 15 going to a business, just as long as it saves miles.

I do care about all my customers, but to pretend a business who gets 100's of packages a year to a house stop that get 5 per year is just plan bad business, we are asking FedEx to take the business away from us, its pretty sad.

Its about 4 hours north of me. Pretty horrific. Im praying for those people.

Sent using BrownCafe App
The driver has to drive around to get to Darrington. He has a lot of family and friends in the area. But so far has been able to work mon and tues.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So does this mean that the load will be where you can walk through the load, im slammed with 300-350 pkgs a day, and my loader is not the best at neatness....
No.

Your load wont change.

ORION was designed to work with a perfect, walk-through, stop-for-stop load on a warm sunny day in Clarksville. It was not designed to work for routes that deliver under real life conditions in the real world.

OPTION3

No.

Your load wont change.

ORION was designed to work with a perfect, walk-through, stop-for-stop load on a warm sunny day in Clarksville. It was not designed to work for routes that deliver under real life conditions in the real world.
Virtual world meet real world

OPTION3

Reality.jpg

FilingBluesFL

Orion.jpg
Here's a real world anecdote of what the Orion engineers think when they are on the car.

Driver was instructed to drive down side street A.

Driver had deliveries for house 1 and 2. Orion person told driver "Do not deliver those, they will get done on the way back."

Note that the deliveries would have been done out of the right side of the package car without having to cross the street on foot.

Driver was told to go down to the end of that long street, deliver the stops at the houses at the end, then drive back down street A, and deliver to house 1 and 2, now crossing the street.

Orion person said that this was "More efficient."

At the end of street A, Orion person instructed driver to make a left hand turn.

Not sure if it's obvious or not... but there's a giant ass median in the middle of that main road...

It was NOT obvious to the Orion person, who insisted the driver make a left hand turn, despite being stopped at that intersection and the median clearly visible.

No, really, seriously, true story.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
View attachment 12191 Here's a real world anecdote of what the Orion engineers think when they are on the car.

Driver was instructed to drive down side street A.

Driver had deliveries for house 1 and 2. Orion person told driver "Do not deliver those, they will get done on the way back."

Note that the deliveries would have been done out of the right side of the package car without having to cross the street on foot.

Driver was told to go down to the end of that long street, deliver the stops at the houses at the end, then drive back down street A, and deliver to house 1 and 2, now crossing the street.

Orion person said that this was "More efficient."

At the end of street A, Orion person instructed driver to make a left hand turn.

Not sure if it's obvious or not... but there's a giant ass median in the middle of that main road...

It was NOT obvious to the Orion person, who insisted the driver make a left hand turn, despite being stopped at that intersection and the median clearly visible.

No, really, seriously, true story.