Orion, does it work and if not? Why?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Opening a door in some neighborhoods is dangerous in itself. And sometimes it's as dangerous to walk on the porch because they are often rotted thru.
This is so true. I usually knock on the deck of the porch and slide pkg, especially since I am not a twiggy person.....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Here is the way I have been handling Orion. My 15% breaks come from running air by itself when I have heavy air stops and running bulk off when needed. After that I run it 100% and I could care less about miles. I typically make my 85% but miles are always off. I am planning a pool in the backyard with the extra hours and multiple 9.5's I have filed.
So, tell us please. If you pull to a stop to get bulk out of the way after air, do you go back to where you pulled from and follow?

SHAIV

You just have to go back and do it later. You realize that they still want you to make executive decisions on the road. It's not a how do I get back to those stops I skipped. You just drive there and scan ur packages. Honestly you do the best you can with it. It won't work 100% of the time. But you do your best and they can't fault you for that

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So how do you clean up the stuff you skipped over?
Whenever ORION says to, until it gets to be about 15:30 (on my route, each route will differ slightly).
I then identify what commercial stops I have left and run them, do pickups and get right back in ORION trace.
I was usually around 95% trace compliant and way over on miles.

Now I'm on NORION.

Irishman Collins

Whenever ORION says to, until it gets to be about 15:30 (on my route, each route will differ slightly).
I then identify what commercial stops I have left and run them, do pickups and get right back in ORION trace.
I was usually around 95% trace compliant and way over on miles.

Now I'm on NORION.
NoOrian, love that, how do I get on that program?

542thruNthru

We are just getting Orion. Everyone is being told we have to be 90% trace or better and we can not be over by more than 2 miles. They have our on roads going out with us during our orion rides. It's been interesting.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We are just getting Orion. Everyone is being told we have to be 90% trace or better and we can not be over by more than 2 miles. They have our on roads going out with us during our orion rides. It's been interesting.
If not for the fact we all want to get home at a decent hour we could bury this company with their technology.

SHAIV

Well you have to take a lunch and their are requirements for where that lunch can be taken if so chosen. It has to be a place that serves a hot meal has a restroom and probably a table to sit at. Something like that. Some people don't have places like that on thier routes so 2 miles over isn't possible unless they pack thier lunch and eat it in the truck on route. Also orion doesn't care about pickup times. They told me that when they rode with me. The guy was like can we do those pickups later after we finish your deliveries. I was like no I'm pretty sure they all close at 5. He just didn't want to have to break off and rack up miles. I also think he wanted to get off earlier. They are there to save miles but they had to stay at a hotel 20 minutes up the interstate instead of 5 minutes up the road

Irishman Collins

Well you have to take a lunch and their are requirements for where that lunch can be taken if so chosen. It has to be a place that serves a hot meal has a restroom and probably a table to sit at. Something like that. Some people don't have places like that on thier routes so 2 miles over isn't possible unless they pack thier lunch and eat it in the truck on route. Also orion doesn't care about pickup times. They told me that when they rode with me. The guy was like can we do those pickups later after we finish your deliveries. I was like no I'm pretty sure they all close at 5. He just didn't want to have to break off and rack up miles. I also think he wanted to get off earlier. They are there to save miles but they had to stay at a hotel 20 minutes up the interstate instead of 5 minutes up the road
They cannot mandate when u get hungry and what you want to eat. As long as you take your break in trace or at a reasonable distance from trace. There is nothing they can do

M

Mike hunt

90% stops; 90% miles; 90% spohr?

There should be an alert pop up in the diad when you're at a point in your route where you must complete the rest of the manifest listed stops at 100% to finish at 90% of stops.
I'd remind them that they ask for an eta every day so...
if they can't figure an eta out on their dispatch computer you can't precipitate 90% Orion compliance on your lowly diad.
That's good info.... Thanks