Orion, does it work and if not? Why?

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I sent a msg at about 7, no one ever replied, I took a picture of my msg. I may have done the damage about 615. I really dont think I did it, so once I made my air meet and got out of the bad area, I sent it in. Glad I was not laying there with a gunshot wound. LOL. Then the oms was asked why she didnt let him know sooner. She said she was busy, hadnt checked diad msgs. I said yes Im fine, I didnt fall. He thanked me for staying on my feet, LOL. And thats when I got the crap about how did you know it was there already. I mean come on, its almost dark, its 5 degrees, I am trying to make service, I am not doing home inspections. I may or may not have done it, I know how it goes here so I am calling in a possibity, cma thats it. I shouldnt say called it in I used the diad. To those folks I dont own a phone.
I hear ya, ive had the same feeling of being out of touch. No response, you could be bleeding on the curb and no one would know until about 8 that night.

10 point

I sent a msg at about 7, no one ever replied, I took a picture of my msg. I may have done the damage about 615. I really dont think I did it, so once I made my air meet and got out of the bad area, I sent it in. Glad I was not laying there with a gunshot wound. LOL. Then the oms was asked why she didnt let him know sooner. She said she was busy, hadnt checked diad msgs. I said yes Im fine, I didnt fall. He thanked me for staying on my feet, LOL. And thats when I got the crap about how did you know it was there already. I mean come on, its almost dark, its 5 degrees, I am trying to make service, I am not doing home inspections. I may or may not have done it, I know how it goes here so I am calling in a possibity, cma thats it. I shouldnt say called it in I used the diad. To those folks I dont own a phone.
They probably don't own the house either.

You called it in before the customer did. You're good.

It was a cya courtesy call in case it wasn't cracked before and that's all you need to tell mgmnt.
Check.

I doubt if the supervision is going out there and take pics unless the homeowner calls in to complain.
That would mean they'd have to go out into the cold.
Checkmate.

10 point

Anyone know of anyone being disciplined for not following Orion by 90%.
90% stops; 90% miles; 90% spohr?

There should be an alert pop up in the diad when you're at a point in your route where you must complete the rest of the manifest listed stops at 100% to finish at 90% of stops.
I'd remind them that they ask for an eta every day so...
if they can't figure an eta out on their dispatch computer you can't precipitate 90% Orion compliance on your lowly diad.

Wizzy

In 30 years driving I have not seen a tech upgrade that wasn't better till now. Was on O for 2 weeks before big snow hit. Seems like one day it works just right and the next is so frecking crazy it's hard to follow. I worry that service is being sacrificed for saving a couple of miles.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They probably don't own the house either.

You called it in before the customer did. You're good.

It was a cya courtesy call in case it wasn't cracked before and that's all you need to tell mgmnt.
Check.

I doubt if the supervision is going out there and take pics unless the homeowner calls in to complain.
That would mean they'd have to go out into the cold.
Checkmate.
It was actually one of the nicer houses in the area. But I blew the horn and took me a time to get it rassled out of the back and onto a dolly, after I fought it all day. It was so big, and like my 10th to my last stop. My mgmt would be out there to photo it in a heartbeat, if it meant they could fire me for an unreported anything. Thats why I always document everything.
This one, I may have done based on where the dolly and pkg hit and the damage I saw when I pulled it back off the house. But she saw it happen, and said nothing, so I am not sure. I didnt stay there and scrutinize it.
One time I had a door handle fall off in my hand........I didnt think anything of it. The next day I got called in the office.......customer called said I ripped it off...center manager went out and fixed it. I was told to report this kind of stuff, so I waste my time now and do just that. He said he simply picked up the screws and put it back together. I said seriously, is home maintenance our job, I turned the handle, not ripped it off the door, to put an envelope inside, and it fell off in my hand. :(

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
90% stops; 90% miles; 90% spohr?

There should be an alert pop up in the diad when you're at a point in your route where you must complete the rest of the manifest listed stops at 100% to finish at 90% of stops.
I'd remind them that they ask for an eta every day so...
if they can't figure an eta out on their dispatch computer you can't precipitate 90% Orion compliance on your lowly diad.
Do you think your actual on road time is calculated ahead of time based on Orion, and no longer has anything to do with miles, cods, call tags, pieces. totally based on the pc model?

By The Book

No I dont think I have any in 30 yrs.
I guess you could of contacted the center (called or sent message) that you needed help with over 70. I bet you, like almost all drivers try to take care of these over 70's on your own. They may talk to you about secure footing or something safety related. If I did that I would of said to customer, I may have just did that to your house on accident when I slipped and fell. I will let my boss know I may have damaged that when I slipped and fell. Customer may say don't worry about it but you called it in to cya.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I guess you could of contacted the center (called or sent message) that you needed help with over 70. I bet you, like almost all drivers try to take care of these over 70's on your own. They may talk to you about secure footing or something safety related. If I did that I would of said to customer, I may have just did that to your house on accident when I slipped and fell. I will let my boss know I may have damaged that when I slipped and fell. Customer may say don't worry about it but you called it in to cya.
I should have LOl said I may have done this when I slipped and fell, and twisted the crap out of my knee, on your ice covered driveway. Since I sent a msg that no one responded to I did say I slipped. Sue both? And I would still be at said address waiting for help.

By The Book

I should have LOl said I may have done this when I slipped and fell, and twisted the crap out of my knee, on your ice covered driveway. Since I sent a msg that no one responded to I did say I slipped. Sue both? And I would still be at said address waiting for help.
Got that right! This was Friday right? It's who's going to get out of the office night first.

10 point

Do you think your actual on road time is calculated ahead of time based on Orion, and no longer has anything to do with miles, cods, call tags, pieces. totally based on the pc model?
Hard to say. We don't have it yet but if they expect us to achieve a specific percentage they need to give us accurate programs and equipment for the employee to comply.

10 point

It was actually one of the nicer houses in the area. But I blew the horn and took me a time to get it rassled out of the back and onto a dolly, after I fought it all day. It was so big, and like my 10th to my last stop. My mgmt would be out there to photo it in a heartbeat, if it meant they could fire me for an unreported anything. Thats why I always document everything.
This one, I may have done based on where the dolly and pkg hit and the damage I saw when I pulled it back off the house. But she saw it happen, and said nothing, so I am not sure. I didnt stay there and scrutinize it.
One time I had a door handle fall off in my hand........I didnt think anything of it. The next day I got called in the office.......customer called said I ripped it off...center manager went out and fixed it. I was told to report this kind of stuff, so I waste my time now and do just that. He said he simply picked up the screws and put it back together. I said seriously, is home maintenance our job, I turned the handle, not ripped it off the door, to put an envelope inside, and it fell off in my hand. :(
Opening a door in some neighborhoods is dangerous in itself. And sometimes it's as dangerous to walk on the porch because they are often rotted thru.

Irishman Collins

No one ever makes the mileage cause they are measuring in straight lines. This is got to be the worst idea due to fact that your walking all over everything, taking longer to complete the route, backing up excessively, running across dangerous busy streets, sort time went up 100%, working harder than ever, and making the back after the delivery.BOOM!
Remember you should always work safe, first ,before concerning yourself with production. Do not walk on boxes, do not unnecessarily back into driveways, don't make left hand turns on dangerous high speed roads. A accident or injury will jeopardize your job well before a company production standard will.

upsbeernut

Remember you should always work safe, first ,before concerning yourself with production. Do not walk on boxes, do not unnecessarily back into driveways, don't make left hand turns on dangerous high speed roads. A accident or injury will jeopardize your job well before a company production standard will.
Agree, its not production, its projected mileage which is impossible to make especially with misloads , oca's, detours and their ziz zag unsafe travel path. By reducing the miles includes an extra 20 or 30 stops that crowds the truck even more making the job a confusing mess.

SHAIV

Yeah and when your last stop is a business it's either a break in orion or missed. Which one would you do? You know you can run a street any way you like without it being a break? You just can't take left hand turns all day on a busy 4 lane road! Orion is retarded! You also can't run packages from the 8000 shelf when you can't reach those packages because you haven't gotten your bulk off yet. It'll have you passing stops to get to other stops. It goes by birds eye view closest stops not how the streets run. They want to be able to put people out in the blind and not have service failures or bad numbers. Next they will have maps on the screen showing you how to get to the next stop and info on where the packages were left last time they got a package for that address

Irishman Collins

Agree, its not production, its projected mileage which is impossible to make especially with misloads , oca's, detours and their ziz zag unsafe travel path. By reducing the miles includes an extra 20 or 30 stops that crowds the truck even more making the job a confusing mess.
Here is the way I have been handling Orion. My 15% breaks come from running air by itself when I have heavy air stops and running bulk off when needed. After that I run it 100% and I could care less about miles. I typically make my 85% but miles are always off. I am planning a pool in the backyard with the extra hours and multiple 9.5's I have filed.

upsbeernut

Here is the way I have been handling Orion. My 15% breaks come from running air by itself when I have heavy air stops and running bulk off when needed. After that I run it 100% and I could care less about miles. I typically make my 85% but miles are always off. I am planning a pool in the backyard with the extra hours and multiple 9.5's I have filed.
Thank you for the over 9/5 list.