Orion, does it work and if not? Why?

5habits100

Are you nuts? What in the hell are you talking about? I have never "sold out" to anything. The sell outs are any Union official that was ok with the IBT changing the healthcare plans to bandaid a failing organization. The fact that you and other clowns believe that you know my identity still cracks me up. Going by your post and the way they are written, Is reminiscent of the stonefish. Is that you and why would you change your username? Note, Irishman Collins has never changed his username, never.
I haven't changed my name. Don't know why I would need to do that. Why so defensive? Could it be I'm right? Why yes it could.

clean hairy

Maybe if our current administration and locals did more to promote and educate our members they would vote and "get involved". It is up to our Union leaders to rally the troops, so to speak. Instead, they are all worrying what TDU is doing and how to degrade any reform movement that might be coming their way. Their motto must be " politics before people "
While Christmas Parties are nice, it would seem better use of that time and money to concentrate on showing up at the Hubs to increase membership and sign up new members.
The only time the Union seems to show up is for Hot Dogs and Hamburgers in the parking lot when it is an election year.
I also know folks who have been waiting more than 2 YEARS for grievances to be settled with no info as to the staus of the grievances, and an answer of "I will get to it eventually, I have to go"

Irishman Collins

It's their second line diversion tactic, when TDU has been played out.
Pretend to know a poster's identity, in hopes of intimidating them into submission.
So true, why wouldn't they try to convince us with intelligent conversation? It is so obvious that 5 points is stonefish but I don't continue on and on about it. I don't care that he changed his username and I certainly don't care about his identity. Honestly, it is like arguing with 5th graders. I mean it's like in 5th grade when you ask a kid if he did his math problem homework. The kid replies " No I didn't " and gets frustrated with the question. Then proceeds to say.... " Well at least my uncle isn't a convict". It is just plain silliness. I wonder if their knuckles have rug burns from dragging the ground? Lol

Last edited:

5habits100

So true, why wouldn't they try to convince us with intelligent conversation? It is so obvious that 5 points is stonefish but I don't continue on and on about it. I don't care that he changed his username and I certainly don't care about his identity. Honestly, it is like arguing with 5th graders. I mean it's like in 5th grade when you ask a kid if he did his math problem homework. The kid replies " No I didn't " and gets frustrated with the question. Then proceeds to say.... " Well at least my uncle isn't a convict". It is just plain silliness. I wonder if their knuckles have rug burns from dragging the ground? Lol
You can't argue with a 5th grader. You arent smart enough to comprehend at that level.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Since all you union guys are here...................do we get a letter for property damage? Not that it matters. I was delivering an o/70, oversized futon , I slipped on the ice turning the corner to back door, lost control of my dolly, let it go, it hit the house, I may or not have cracked the corner bead, or trim I dont know what it is called. When I pulled it back I noticed it was cracked to hell, so I called it in. I did not call it in immediately, I called it in once I got outta da hood. I did not ask, Hey did I do that? I am not sure, and then the questions came, why didnt you call it in earlier, how do you know you didnt do it, why do you think it was there already. Good Lord, It may have been me, she saw me slip, hit, and didnt say a word. I put it in her house, aka slid it through the door. I am just reporting it as a maybe, I know how anal they are.

oldngray

nowhere special
Since all you union guys are here...................do we get a letter for property damage? Not that it matters. I was delivering an o/70, oversized futon , I slipped on the ice turning the corner to back door, lost control of my dolly, let it go, it hit the house, I may or not have cracked the corner bead, or trim I dont know what it is called. When I pulled it back I noticed it was cracked to hell, so I called it in. I did not call it in immediately, I called it in once I got outta da hood. I did not ask, Hey did I do that? I am not sure, and then the questions came, why didnt you call it in earlier, how do you know you didnt do it, why do you think it was there already. Good Lord, It may have been me, she saw me slip, hit, and didnt say a word. I put it in her house, aka slid it through the door. I am just reporting it as a maybe, I know how anal they are.

That would be an incident and maybe a customer complaint but I don't think you should get a letter for it. Your center manager might have other ideas though. I remember once a customer asked me to slide their package inside their front door - I do so and then they were mad it scratched their hardwood floor. I got a complaint in my file but no warning letter over it.

Have you had another property damage in the last 9 months?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That would be an incident and maybe a customer complaint but I don't think you should get a letter for it. Your center manager might have other ideas though. I remember once a customer asked me to slide their package inside their front door - I do so and then they were mad it scratched their hardwood floor. I got a complaint in my file but no warning letter over it.
He would love to have a reason to get rid of me, Lol. I would welcome having a ride along to show me how not to slip on the ice. Not like I havent successfully done it for like a month, only place I have fallen is our parking lot, LOL

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was delivering an o/70, oversized futon , I slipped on the ice turning the corner to back door, lost control of my dolly, let it go, it hit the house, I may or not have cracked the corner bead, or trim I dont know what it is called. When I pulled it back I noticed it was cracked to hell, so I called it in.

Your personal safety, is the most important thing.

Did your local management team, express their concern....

Or, are they looking for a new job ??

-Bug-

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I am wanting to get as many opinions as possible on the Orion system. It seems that everyone I talk to claims that it doesn't work. I am hearing it reduces miles but increases overtime. If this is true then why is this system being implemented? Please, all opinions are welcome. I just am trying to get a true concensus.
No one ever makes the mileage cause they are measuring in straight lines. This is got to be the worst idea due to fact that your walking all over everything, taking longer to complete the route, backing up excessively, running across dangerous busy streets, sort time went up 100%, working harder than ever, and making the back after the delivery.BOOM!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Your personal safety, is the most important thing.

Did your local management team, express their concern....

Or, are they looking for a new job ??

-Bug-
I sent a msg at about 7, no one ever replied, I took a picture of my msg. I may have done the damage about 615. I really dont think I did it, so once I made my air meet and got out of the bad area, I sent it in. Glad I was not laying there with a gunshot wound. LOL. Then the oms was asked why she didnt let him know sooner. She said she was busy, hadnt checked diad msgs. I said yes Im fine, I didnt fall. He thanked me for staying on my feet, LOL. And thats when I got the crap about how did you know it was there already. I mean come on, its almost dark, its 5 degrees, I am trying to make service, I am not doing home inspections. I may or may not have done it, I know how it goes here so I am calling in a possibity, cma thats it. I shouldnt say called it in I used the diad. To those folks I dont own a phone.