ORION

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
But I do not believe that it counts as a break returning to the top stop in your board.

Side question: let's say you were being a nice guy and after delivering stop 50 you realize you don't drive a magical u-turn truck and see that there are stops 60 and 61 further down the same residential block. Those are not breaks. But is stop 51 a break. Or if you continue on with stop 62 is that a break?

Did I explain that well enough?

you are doing that thinking stuff again! ORION frowns upon that,no need to think any longer one needs to merely follow the solution

porkwagon

But I do not believe that it counts as a break returning to the top stop in your board.

Side question: let's say you were being a nice guy and after delivering stop 50 you realize you don't drive a magical u-turn truck and see that there are stops 60 and 61 further down the same residential block. Those are not breaks. But is stop 51 a break. Or if you continue on with stop 62 is that a break?

Did I explain that well enough?
If stop 51 is on the same street as stop 50 then it is not a break in trace.

S

selfcancelsignal

It might be funny but the sad part is that it is true.

The hands-on work of ORION implementation is being done by people who aren't even UPS employees and whose entire knowledge of our methods comes from downloading a copy of the 340 methods onto a Kindle. To them, a "route" consists of nothing more than a series of dots on a Google Earth map and their only job is to connect those dots in the shortest linear distance possible. Real-world details such as traffic, left turns, parking issues, package selection in a bricked out car etc. are simply beyond their ability to grasp and are therefore left out of the equation.
I know... It sure is funny to picture though.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
fixed it for you (fixed it for ya)

and where can I get a copy of the methods because they seem to be changing fast. One of my friends who was 'locked in' was instructed that he was supposed to exit the driver's side door if the package was small enough. That's literally being instructed to jump out into the middle of the street.

Directly from the 340 methods

C. Exit through the door nearest the point of delivery. If the exit is through the driver’s door, check for traffic prior to leaving the car.

oldngray

nowhere special
Directly from the 340 methods

C. Exit through the door nearest the point of delivery. If the exit is through the driver’s door, check for traffic prior to leaving the car.

Funny how that gets interpreted at different times. In my center for a while we were told to never exit on street side and always walk around behind your package car to cross the street. Of course that was when it was supposedly about safety and not a time study.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
as a cover/swing for the purple side, this stuff actually helps a bit

but, when looking at some routes, it doesn't make sense

makes you go to the same streets 3x or more in the same day (mind you, i don't do NDA ~ that's FX Express's job)

so i ask the regular drivers the following day & say why didn't you tweak your routes with the dispatcher so it's more efficient?

they rather just not be bothered with it & they do "skip trace" & pick off boxes from random sections on their own! gah~ use that program to your advantage!
------------------------
those Orion people can't make it work for brownies that have to deal with NDA first then loop back for ground deliveries. It's only good for ground only w/ no commit times

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Funny how that gets interpreted at different times. In my center for a while we were told to never exit on street side and always walk around behind your package car to cross the street. Of course that was when it was supposedly about safety and not a time study.

This changed within the past year or so for small packages only.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I'd hate to play poker with those guys. They make up and change the rules to suit themselves.

MrBrown

Let us know how that works out for you.
Center finally started getting orion. coming off vaca but last time i delivered I completely ignored orion came in 73% (lowest in building) beat it by 8 miles. Worked out well. Ill continue not following it when it doesnt make sense and will have zero repercussions

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Winner! Run it stop for stop and allow it to fail.

Make them ask you to please manage the route again.
it was so erratic all week. I was off Tuesday, the guy on it was 28 miles over, and 85 in trace. I broke down Monday so I was like 20 over. W/T I was 12/20 miles over, and God knows how late, as I dont look anymore, and 90 + in trace. Today someone came over to test the waters......We gave you back an automatic so maybe you can have a better day, LOL. OMG where did you find this pos, I asked. 300+ thousand miles. So he says, why dont you just do it your way today, well alrighty then.
I did, 5 miles over, maybe 6 if you look at the 10ths. But had 2 oca. And up 2 stops per hour without trying. I love BC advice, it wins everytime it is tried. :group-hug: