Orion..

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
"The company has already seen an average daily reduction of six to eight miles per route for drivers who are using ORION routes." Not in my center. Makes you wonder who they are fooling and why?

billerz

I think that in the future Orion will definitely save UPS millions. I'm just not sure what effect it will have on local businesses that expect their driver at a certain time, only for him to show up basically whenever during the day.

I would say on most of the routes I know, I don't run Orion, but when the time comes that I don't have a choice, I will trust that UPS knows what they are doing and I will follow along like the monkey they want.

Holydriver

I think that in the future Orion will definitely save UPS millions. I'm just not sure what effect it will have on local businesses that expect their driver at a certain time, only for him to show up basically whenever during the day.

I would say on most of the routes I know, I don't run Orion, but when the time comes that I don't have a choice, I will trust that UPS knows what they are doing and I will follow along like the monkey they want.
but imagine what itll be like when you have that bricked truck and orion is telling you to grab a few pieces from the 7224 section and you cant get there to look for it. your option will be to unload the truck just to find that piece and then reload the truck. it will ultimately cause a lot of problems

billerz

but imagine what itll be like when you have that bricked truck and orion is telling you to grab a few pieces from the 7224 section and you cant get there to look for it. your option will be to unload the truck just to find that piece and then reload the truck. it will ultimately cause a lot of problems
At some point your truck will be loaded in the way Orion wants you to run it. Don't get me wrong, I hate Orion as much as the next guy, but eventually we won't have a choice.

Holydriver

At some point your truck will be loaded in the way Orion wants you to run it. Don't get me wrong, I hate Orion as much as the next guy, but eventually we won't have a choice.
no it wont. lets say your start time is 830am. look at your orion solution at 815 and remember your first 15 stops. then, look at your orion solution again at 830 when you can get edd. at least once in 100 looks you will notice that your solution has changed. sure, one time isnt a lot. BUT, that one time is enough to show you that preload cannot load your truck as orion suggests it should be loaded

billerz

Yea they can't do it now, but I'm sure there will be a time when Orion becomes good enough to where they can. Think 5 years from now, 10 years, of them slowly fixing Orion's problems. Who knows maybe it will just fail and go away, I doubt it though.

tourists24

Yea they can't do it now, but I'm sure there will be a time when Orion becomes good enough to where they can. Think 5 years from now, 10 years, of them slowly fixing Orion's problems. Who knows maybe it will just fail and go away, I doubt it though.
that's great.... by that time I will be retired..... yay

9.5er

They were already able to do that. We called it EDD.

9.5er

I hate orion. I mean really really hate it. It's a never ending process of crossing streets, going against traffic flow, making left turns, crossing busy hwys.
Safety first my ass.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Orion is so we never can strike again. They want you to beat it. So you train the program for the replacement drivers if we go out. I follow it. 100%. I could beat it anytime I want. But, I have no incentive to. I make more money following it. They beg me not to. I only work 8.8 hrs a day

Foamer Pyle

I will be retired in three years, so I really don't care what they do. However, for the next three years I will bite my tongue and try and do what they ask. Most of the cars in my center are so full, there is no way a person could run Orion in trace, without getting rid of the beef in the middle of the car. We are turning into a glorified furniture delivery company.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
i look at the orion/trace whatever its is the next day, most routes are over the planned miles
That's not a good sample. When you actually break down the numbers in PKG where the actual collection of numbers appear, miles are down. We had an ORION call on Friday in my division. Despite have more cars on road Thursday compared to last year we were down 2000 miles.