OSHA or Labor laws regarding bathroom breaks.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
First of all - I cannot believe this thread is still going on.

Second - if all this manager has to do is worry about bathroom breaks he needs to contact me ASAP and tell me how he has fixed everything else.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
First of all - I cannot believe this thread is still going on.

Second - if all this manager has to do is worry about bathroom breaks he needs to contact me ASAP and tell me how he has fixed everything else.
I cant believe it finally hit here. Yes you must code out the 2 minutes it takes to pee in your diad. Not pee in your diad but record the time it took you to pee, in your break time. Un believable but it is here. I think its silly. Does mgmt have to record how long it takes them to get their thumb out of their arse? In some technologically savvy way?

iowa boy

God forbid we steal 2 minutes to go pee when we need to, but yet we are told to spend the same two minutes trying to drum up new business with sales leads that never pan out any way.

Wait a minute, why not take the 2 minutes for the sales lead and just flush the information you get down the toilet when you pee, as that is what BD will do with it any way.:happy-very: Just a thought.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
If you're taking a newspaper into the bathroom after your break day after day and you're in there for 30 minutes.../..we may have a problem

UPSSOCKS

God forbid we steal 2 minutes to go pee when we need to, but yet we are told to spend the same two minutes trying to drum up new business with sales leads that never pan out any way.

Wait a minute, why not take the 2 minutes for the sales lead and just flush the information you get down the toilet when you pee, as that is what BD will do with it any way.:happy-very: Just a thought.

Don't cry and complain when you get laid off, because we don't have enough pickups....

I love the hypocrisy. We`re told to hydrate while working verbal and in written form but face discipline if you take a minute to expel said hydration.

over9five

Staff member
I would make sure I had to pee only when I was not in the contractual window I am allowed to take my break.

Your move, UPS.

iowa boy

Don't cry and complain when you get laid off, because we don't have enough pickups....

I don't know and don't care where you work, but where I work, our pickup volume has jumped almost 20% since the first of the year. I'm not too worried about getting laid off here anytime soon.

UPSSOCKS

I don't know and don't care where you work, but where I work, our pickup volume has jumped almost 20% since the first of the year. I'm not too worried about getting laid off here anytime soon.

Really 20%... What are the statistics.... Where was your pickup volume and where is it now????

iowa boy

Really 20%... What are the statistics.... Where was your pickup volume and where is it now????

Really, why do you even care? Unless you are assuming I am lying. Hell, how do we even know for sure you are in 'management'? If you are making the assumption I am lying, then I will have to assume you are lying to me about being in 'management'?:wink-very:

UPSSOCKS

Really, why do you even care? Unless you are assuming I am lying. Hell, how do we even know for sure you are in 'management'? If you are making the assumption I am lying, then I will have to assume you are lying to me about being in 'management'?:wink-very:

You're right I am pretending to be in management because it is such a glamorous job. So you have confirmed the boy part of your screen name. You're just a boy, so I will ease up. Now I will tell you no center in Iowa, pick up volume has increased 20% recently. I'm just proving that you don't even know how to figure out 20%, and that you pulled that number out of the clouds. So young man you can assume whatever you like but when you assume, you make an...... Is that expression too old for you?? I bet you can't finish it....

iowa boy

You're right I am pretending to be in management because it is such a glamorous job. So you have confirmed the boy part of your screen name. You're just a boy, so I will ease up. Now I will tell you no center in Iowa, pick up volume has increased 20% recently. I'm just proving that you don't even know how to figure out 20%, and that you pulled that number out of the clouds. So young man you can assume whatever you like but when you assume, you make an...... Is that expression too old for you?? I bet you can't finish it....

Well, I guess I would rather be considered a boy, than a pair of SOCKS! Just an FYI, I have watched our ODSe volume go from and average of 7000 a night, (depending on what day of the week it was), to an average of 9000 a night now, ( depending on what night of the week it is.)

You may consider me a boy, and that is fine. I will take it as a compliment, but when a 'manager' acts like a pompous little set of butt cheeks.... I will let you finish the rest as I trust you are smart enough to figure that out.

UPSSOCKS

Well, I guess I would rather be considered a boy, than a pair of SOCKS! Just an FYI, I have watched our ODSe volume go from and average of 7000 a night, (depending on what day of the week it was), to an average of 9000 a night now, ( depending on what night of the week it is.)

You may consider me a boy, and that is fine. I will take it as a compliment, but when a 'manager' acts like a pompous little set of butt cheeks.... I will let you finish the rest as I trust you are smart enough to figure that out.

Sure some days are heavier than others but YOU said a 20% increase. Was that a 20% increase from Monday to Tuesday or an actual 20% increase in yearly volume. This all started because you said that sales leads are useless and your job was secure because the volume is up 20% in your center.. Around Christmas time Volume will be up from May... Obviously a child of your intelligence doesn't think his job is secure just because of the volume one week in your center is up. I took the statement that your volume is up 20% from 2009...

bina60

Use your head! They will tell you to do anything that you let them tell you!!!! What arbitrator is going to fire you for going to the bathroom?????