Over 9.5

brownieboy

A guy in my center has filed 3 over 9.5 grievances in the past 3 weeks. They cut one or two areas and give an already 10+ hr per day rte another hour of work? Meeting was a few days ago, and nothing has changed. Im asking because Im gonna file next and want to know how. My area is cut I follow my work and bump a less sr. driver. The days are 10-13hr(biggest was 13.84) PLANNED days. I run a little under less than .50. Im tired of 10-12 hour days. Our BA tries to talk us out of filing Grievances..why?

UPSGUY72

A guy in my center has filed 3 over 9.5 grievances in the past 3 weeks. They cut one or two areas and give an already 10+ hr per day rte another hour of work? Meeting was a few days ago, and nothing has changed. Im asking because Im gonna file next and want to know how. My area is cut I follow my work and bump a less sr. driver. The days are 10-13hr(biggest was 13.84) PLANNED days. I run a little under less than .50. Im tired of 10-12 hour days. Our BA tries to talk us out of filing Grievances..speech ywhy?

take that 13.84 hour day and make it a over 14 hour day than take tomorrow off....

Just keep filing your BA seems to be lazy. Next you vote for a new BA voted that slate out....

My building sends cars out at just over a 9 hour planned day. Are center manager told us he was told to make it a 10 plus hour planned day because when it was at 10 hours planned day last year most everyone was running scratch and that there are some people that are always running over now when it's only a 9 hour planned day. He said the people that are running over all the time need to pick it up or hes going to be forced to raise the planned day back to 10 hours...

DS

Fenderbender
Probably because it hinders his ability to eat a dozen donuts when the Krispy Kreme "Hot" sign is on.
Hoax...with each new post,you seem to laugh harder at our concerns.
How would you like to be out till 9PM delivering amazon crap?
Sure we get paid for it,but we don't want the OT.
If you did an (alleged, under) 9.5 hr shift as a driver now you would see my point.
But I think I see,you are just happy to get out of there...lucky bastard:cowboysmile:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A guy in my center has filed 3 over 9.5 grievances in the past 3 weeks. They cut one or two areas and give an already 10+ hr per day rte another hour of work? Meeting was a few days ago, and nothing has changed. Im asking because Im gonna file next and want to know how. My area is cut I follow my work and bump a less sr. driver. The days are 10-13hr(biggest was 13.84) PLANNED days. I run a little under less than .50. Im tired of 10-12 hour days. Our BA tries to talk us out of filing Grievances..why?
Why do you worry about the "plan"? Do you take your breaks and lunch within the specified contractually agreed time?

over9five

Staff member
Obviously, this thread was directed to ME, so I will say I agree with upsguy72. It would be easy to take a 13.84 day one minute over 14 hours (It's only 10 minutes). Take the next day off, because you won't have your MANDATORY 10 hours off between shifts. Then the next day you're back, do it again.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How would you like to be out till 9PM delivering amazon crap?
Sure we get paid for it,but we don't want the OT.
If you did an (alleged, under) 9.5 hr shift as a driver now you would see my point.
But I think I see,you are just happy to get out of there...lucky bastard:cowboysmile:

I'm usually fairly good at deciphering posts and following logical progressions but I can't figure out how comparing a BA to the cop stereotype has anything to do with UPS Drivers working excess hours.
Hopefully after the upcoming contract is signed, hours will get better.

I am just a happy guy in general but I am a bit happier thinking about being retired this time next year.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

“No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.” - Dave Barry

I have this quote in my office and my wife thinks my humor is quite a bit like Dave Barry's.

Sorry if you don't like my sense of humor.

Maybe I should be more like Integrity ... hmmmm.

gummup

Just miss. Send a message that you're going to miss x number of stops and just bring the **** back. Make it their problem.

ronroper

Heck
You Guys over in package have it made, on the Freight side where I am at the city guys put in 55 to 60 hrs a week and around 300 plus miles a day.
I told the B.A. we should file on safety, his reply "you are not running illegal"
On friday my ass is worn out!

UPSGUY72

Heck
You Guys over in package have it made, on the Freight side where I am at the city guys put in 55 to 60 hrs a week and around 300 plus miles a day.
I told the B.A. we should file on safety, his reply "you are not running illegal"
On friday my ass is worn out!

Apparently you haven't a clue....

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
file ,file ,file. I have earned some NICE bank this year from my 9.5 grievances. If your BA is lazy,call ( or even better GO ) the Union Hall and talk to whomever,and as many people as you need to until you find someone to help you.
we are very lucky in that we have an EXCELLENT BA

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I start at 8.55. A 14 hour planned day would have me working until. 11:35 pm. Our boss drives us hard but the average paid day is still around 9 hours. I call BS on some of the hours people claim they work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just miss. Send a message that you're going to miss x number of stops and just bring the **** back. Make it their problem.

This is bad advice but if you insist upon doing this you had best have your ducks in a row. Idle times of 5 minutes or more will be questioned. Your route will be printed out and reviewed for inconsistencies.