Overall Decline of this Forum

Rainman

Its all good.
The world is what you make it, if you have a problem with something, guess what, it is YOUR problem not ours.
We can't control most of what happens to us, only how we react to it. It seems like some people take things too personally. If it isn't meant personal don't take it personal. If it is meant personal, laugh it off and maybe shoot the person the bird while you're laughing. But don't let it eat at you. Life is too short for that kind of BS.

gingerkat

We can't control most of what happens to us, only how we react to it. It seems like some people take things too personally. If it isn't meant personal don't take it personal. If it is meant personal, laugh it off and maybe shoot the person the bird while you're laughing. But don't let it eat at you. Life is too short for that kind of BS.
How dare you! I take this personally!

both driven off?
It's a long long story. I think both of them are doing good. I hear about tie from harrymanback and the lovely ajblakejr. I'd guess his life was real good last year when the team he stole from me won the Super Bowl.

Dannyboy I'm a little worried about. He usually leaves for extended time periods but this time I think is the longest. I checked his last log in and I believe it was July but nothing posted for over a year and a half.

Tieguy hasents posted for at least two years. These were two of the big personalities as I would call them that we're here from the beginning. I miss them both and hope that they eventually return to check in that's all.

Dannyboy just stopped visiting ... I think it got old to him plus he complained of the constant bickering.
Tieguy seemed to think he owned this site and started telling Cheryl how to run the site. He would up getting banned
No offense Hoak but we don't have an operations guy that can rival him here anymore. He had the perspective. Danny was a good old school union guy. He reminds me of when I started out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
No offense Hoak but we don't have an operations guy that can rival him here anymore. He had the perspective. Danny was a good old school union guy. He reminds me of when I started out.
Doesn't offend me ... I never thought of myself as an operations type guy.
Tieguy is in Feeder though and few people (outside of feeder) consider that operations either.
I think what you liked about him was the adversarial, in your face, call you names and then go drink a beer with you type person.

Doesn't offend me ... I never thought of myself as an operations type guy.
Tieguy is in Feeder though and few people (outside of feeder) consider that operations either.
I think what you liked about him was the adversarial, in your face, call you names and then go drink a beer with you type person.
Yea kinda. That's old school ups. That's when it was a better place. That's also the place I remember joining 4 1/2 years ago on this site. Times change a things evolve. I wish none of that bad blood never happened. I really tried to squash it. I remember when all of us were in chat Cheryl included. I tried I tried.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yea kinda. That's old school ups. That's when it was a better place. That's also the place I remember joining 4 1/2 years ago on this site. Times change a things evolve. I wish none of that bad blood never happened. I really tried to squash it. I remember when all of us were in chat Cheryl included. I tried I tried.
I wouldn't say it was better, just different.
Cheryl wanted the site to become more family friendly, not as crude, not as much hatred going back and forth between members.
I can't say it is any better today than then, just different.

I remember her posting this back in the time of tieguy and he fought it every inch of the way:
May I call attention to a serious problem facing our community?

This is supposed to be a venue where ideas and opinions can be expressed freely in an environment of mutual respect and tolerance. Lately that idea seems to have been forgotten.

Let's dust off the idea that this community is a family friendly one where diversity in experience, job description and viewpoints are welcome.

If someone posts something that you don't agree with it is important that you dispute the idea instead of making a personal attack toward other posters based upon their personal situation or job description. Insulting someone with a differing viewpoint does nothing to persuade people to agree with you, it only displays your own inability to fortify your argument.

I am determined to clean up this forum and make it into a place where ideas can be freely exchanged without becoming flame wars. To accomplish this I need your help. Our moderation system relies on our members to bring offensive posts to the attention of the moderators by using the automated post reporting system. If you come across a post that ignores the basic ideals of mutual respect and tolerance please help me accomplish this by reporting it. With your help we can minimize the trend toward flame wars and encourage more meaningful discussions and debates.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/mutual-respect-and-tolerance.136196/#ixzz2rYrzfRzH

Wow
I wouldn't say it was better, just different.
Cheryl wanted the site to become more family friendly, not as crude, not as much hatred going back and forth between members.
I can't say it is any better today than then, just different.

I remember her posting this back in the time of tieguy and he fought it every inch of the way:
May I call attention to a serious problem facing our community?

This is supposed to be a venue where ideas and opinions can be expressed freely in an environment of mutual respect and tolerance. Lately that idea seems to have been forgotten.

Let's dust off the idea that this community is a family friendly one where diversity in experience, job description and viewpoints are welcome.

If someone posts something that you don't agree with it is important that you dispute the idea instead of making a personal attack toward other posters based upon their personal situation or job description. Insulting someone with a differing viewpoint does nothing to persuade people to agree with you, it only displays your own inability to fortify your argument.

I am determined to clean up this forum and make it into a place where ideas can be freely exchanged without becoming flame wars. To accomplish this I need your help. Our moderation system relies on our members to bring offensive posts to the attention of the moderators by using the automated post reporting system. If you come across a post that ignores the basic ideals of mutual respect and tolerance please help me accomplish this by reporting it. With your help we can minimize the trend toward flame wars and encourage more meaningful discussions and debates.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/mutual-respect-and-tolerance.136196/#ixzz2rYrzfRzH
thats before I joined. I've never seen that.

Overpaid Union Thug

It's a long long story. I think both of them are doing good. I hear about tie from harrymanback and the lovely ajblakejr. I'd guess his life was real good last year when the team he stole from me won the Super Bowl.

Dannyboy I'm a little worried about. He usually leaves for extended time periods but this time I think is the longest. I checked his last log in and I believe it was July but nothing posted for over a year and a half.

Tieguy hasents posted for at least two years. These were two of the big personalities as I would call them that we're here from the beginning. I miss them both and hope that they eventually return to check in that's all.

I remember both from the old days. I can't remember if it was 1999 or 2000 when I originally signed up for the board under another screen name but it was definitely one of those two years. The only "bad blood", and I'm hesitant to call it that, was the occasional hourly vs management BS between TieGuy and whoever. I miss those days. There were less people then. The influx of new members over the past 5 or so years has really increased the likelihood of us having to filter out trolls and people that are just purely obnoxious and/or immature. Nowadays it's very difficult to distinguish one from the other.

I remember both from the old days. I can't remember if it was 1999 or 2000 when I originally signed up for the board under another screen name but it was definitely one of those two years. The only "bad blood", and I'm hesitant to call it that, was the occasional hourly vs management BS between TieGuy and whoever. I miss those days. There were less people then. The influx of new members over the past 5 or so years has really increased the likelihood of us having to filter out trolls and people that are just purely obnoxious and/or immature. Nowadays it's very difficult to distinguish one from the other.
What was your old name?

Overpaid Union Thug

What was your old name?

I can't say my original screen name because I was young and dumb enough to include my real first name in it. But shortly after I wised up and changed it several times before settling on this current name. Cheryl and I have PMed back and forth several times trying to merge whatever old accounts I had but the farthest back her database would go was 2002. My name that year was "teamsterslocal***". I'd rather not state the local number either. I don't even remember using that name much anyway.

I can't say my original screen name because I was young and dumb enough to include my real first name in it. But shortly after I wised up and changed it several times before settling on this current name. Cheryl and I have PMed back and forth several times trying to merge whatever old accounts I had but the farthest back her database would go was 2002. My name that year was "teamsterslocal***". I'd rather not state the local number either. I don't even remember using that name much anyway.
You like that movie fear and loathing in Las Vegas? I love your avatar and love the movie.