Overall Decline of this Forum

Overpaid Union Thug

a

but its family friendly...:)

two killers to a forum charge a membership fee and excessive censorship. I've been on a few boards over the years and excessive censorship usually drives off the core members at some point. At that point the admin has to step in to fill the vacuum left by those members who contributed to and defined the forums character and personality. Or if the admin is lucky then there are others who step up an fill the vacuum. In this case judging by the number of threads dedicted to one member it appears the vacuum has not been filled. we could almost change the name of this site in honor of upstate.

This is, or was, one of the least censored forums's I've ever been a part of. I said "was" because I haven't said anything that would warrant censorship or a ban on this forum in a VERY, VERY, long time so I don't really know the limits or frequency that the currents mods operate under.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is, or was, one of the least censored forums's I've ever been a part of. I said "was" because I haven't said anything that would warrant censorship or a ban on this forum in a VERY, VERY, long time so I don't really know the limits or frequency that the currents mods operate under.
It's 4 or 5 people that generates 99% of the moderation on Brown Cafe at anyone time.
Most people who know there is a TOS and read them, easily adapt and become productive members.
There is always a small percent that don't feel the rules apply to them.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't understand. I assume Cheryl is the only one that has admin rites to this site. If so who cares if tieguy wants to tell her how to run the site. As long as he does not hack the site and make changes so what? Any management person know you will always have someone anywhere you go that thinks they have a better way of running the place. They will be full of ideas on how to improve the operation. So what? If you listen to them and include them then you may actually find something useful that makes the operation a little better then it was before Did he recommend something bizarre like eating licorice with hot sauce on it or was it something that may have had some value? The toughest aspect to any management position is having a thick skin when you receive some critical feedback. If this guy was here from the start like 407 says then maybe just maybe he may have had an idea that should have received some serious consideration?

Two obnoxious posts in one day. Are you playing devil's advocate or trying to stir things up?

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

bbsam

Staff member
I think tieguys posts are still available if people want to get a feel for what Cheryl was dealing with.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I remember both from the old days. I can't remember if it was 1999 or 2000 when I originally signed up for the board under another screen name but it was definitely one of those two years. The only "bad blood", and I'm hesitant to call it that, was the occasional hourly vs management BS between TieGuy and whoever. I miss those days. There were less people then. The influx of new members over the past 5 or so years has really increased the likelihood of us having to filter out trolls and people that are just purely obnoxious and/or immature. Nowadays it's very difficult to distinguish one from the other.
Since I've put certain members on ignore, it has gotten better although a bit more boring.