package car driver

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upschris24, Feb 22, 2014.

1. upschris24

upschris24 New Member

I was wondering to become a package car driver do you need to pass a drug test to get the job? If weed was detected in your system do you get fired or you just wont pass the test and retry it in a year? thankyou

2. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

If you are trolling for the dumbest question, you are close, so very close.

3. Anonymous 12

Anonymous 12 Non active member

Yes so quit doing it. Seriously they don't test but if you want to live a lie and you get caught you will lose your job forever.

4. upschris24

upschris24 New Member

I just wanted a straight answer, im sorrry.

5. barnyard

Google is your friend.

Or the UPS facebook page. The chicks there are awesome.

6. Anonymous 12

You're good. It's just a bad choice to build a house on a stack of cards. If you want this JOB weed isn't for you. We all want to grow up. Some of us wish we could do it but once you take this job you shouldn't partake it the cron.

7. barnyard

It is a questioned easily answered via google in less time than it took to register.

8. upschris24

upschris24 New Member

it was my first time ever in my life and trust me its my last, it was a terrible experience. im just paranoid because I have my life on hold because I have 2 part jobs and want to be FT driver very bad.

9. Anonymous 12

Yea but give him some good advice anyway. Help this brother out and show him the way.

10. Anonymous 12

Then don't do it again. You are safe. Sleep good and go down the right path. I'll say a prayer for you.

11. I am glad that I have never done any illegal drugs in my life, but have hung out with tweakers and stoners and observed the life arc of those who did. It gives me perspective to advise others and I can tell my kids with authority what to avoid.

12. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

Are you new to UPS? If so, are you aware that it usually takes several years to even get the opportunity to go driving?

Sorry.

As for pot, anyone who thinks they can lead a successful life on pot is kidding themselves. This public push for marijuana legalization is sad . All we need is more losers in this society not contributing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  13. Anonymous 12

God bless

14. Anonymous 12

I know several successful people that are active pot smokers. They are thriving at life but ups is not one of those places where this will happen.

15. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Now if you have a drinking problem then you will fit in correctly .
    Just join in on a sat or sun night drunk chat .

16. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

I thought that was a requirement for driving... :beersmiley:

17. BrownChoice

BrownChoice Active Member

It says all this in the UPS National Agreement with Teamsters.

Don't do it. Those days are over my friend.

18. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

No they do not CAPTAIN OBVIOUS lol

19. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Probably not smart to bake cookees on a school night, maybe its better to grill up on the weekends lol.:geeky:

20. BrownChoice

BrownChoice Active Member

Bad idea to partake, doesnt mean it isnt possible, lots have done and lots will do it, some probably in circle of honor. But I guess if you like paranoia......