Package Handler sore/cramping fingers

Legitimyze

I am not here to complain or cry about how my fingers hurt but is this normal for newer Loader/unloaders? I am good all day through work but the next morning when I wake up, my fingers hurt. Its hard to even make a tight fist, its usually ok by the time I get back to work. I just run them under some warm water. Does this happen to most people, if so do you eventually adjust and not have the problem any more?

J

jibbs

You need to learn to not death grip boxes....your fingers will cramp and tire before the muscles in your arms.

:censored2: that noise. With enough practice/experience he'll soon be grabbin' 15lb Avon boxes off the belt by their corners with a single hand each.

"Learn to not death grip...." shooooooot, the death grip comes in handy, man, every single day.

[EDIT addition:
How long on the job? Maybe the hands have to build strength?

I think that's the issue exactly. :censored2: always gets sore when you work a group of muscles more than you usually would, and I feel like there's a good chance he just shocked the :censored2: out of his body when he started package handling.]

oldngray

nowhere special
:censored2: that noise. With enough practice/experience he'll soon be grabbin' 15lb Avon boxes off the belt by their corners with a single hand each.

"Learn to not death grip...." shooooooot, the death grip comes in handy, man, every single day.

Its amazing how strong that death grip gets with practice.
vader-choking.jpg

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Drink more water. Helps a lot. If that doesn't help you may just have to accept it unfortunately. This job is tough on your body

Sent using BrownCafe App

Legitimyze

Did the pain start after the first day.

No I did not notice it right away. It seems worse when they have me unloading though. I do use gloves when unloading, but when loading I cant because I was trained to peel the stickers and place them so I can see it. It helps me keep the packages in order.