Package w/ required signature was left without signature and stolen

taracatac

Hi, maybe you can help. I sent a guitar via UPS Ground signature required. I ship dozens of guitars and always require a signature. In fact, when creating the shipping online, you have to specifically select to NOT have a signature required. The signature requirement is the default. Anyway, MYUPS shows the guitar was "left behind gate". The package was not there and no note was left on the door. I called UPS and they are telling me a signature was not required, but it was. So, the guitar has apparently been stolen, and I am being told a signature was not required I guess I am just ***** out of luck. Do I have any recourse?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Got the 1Z tracking number handy? Just need the 9th and 10th digits to tell you whether it was signature required.

taracatac

So I'm lost did you pay extra to require a signature?

I didn't select "deliver without signature" which is free. There isn't an option to require a signature, so that should mean a signature is required by default, correct? I always get a copy of the signature in the mail. This has never happened before.

rocket man

Hi, maybe you can help. I sent a guitar via UPS Ground signature required. I ship dozens of guitars and always require a signature. In fact, when creating the shipping online, you have to specifically select to NOT have a signature required. The signature requirement is the default. Anyway, MYUPS shows the guitar was "left behind gate". The package was not there and no note was left on the door. I called UPS and they are telling me a signature was not required, but it was. So, the guitar has apparently been stolen, and I am being told a signature was not required I guess I am just ***** out of luck. Do I have any recourse?
this is a troll or a sup from somewhere dont answer thread or a person trying to figure out how to do scam in near futre

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If you insured it for $355, file a claim and UPS will have to pay for it. If you didn't pay for extra insurance, you get $100.

DorkHead

When you have a UPS account online, you have to pay $4.25 + shipping to receive a signature for a residential delivery. The default for residential is "no signature" Under "value added services" you would select "delivery confirmation" and then check the box for signature required

Indecisi0n

Weird, when i came into the shop last night I saw a driver playing a brand new guitar while riding the belt.
2i748s5.jpg

Last edited: