Package w/ required signature was left without signature and stolen

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by taracatac, Apr 11, 2012.

1. taracatac

taracatac New Member

Hi, maybe you can help. I sent a guitar via UPS Ground signature required. I ship dozens of guitars and always require a signature. In fact, when creating the shipping online, you have to specifically select to NOT have a signature required. The signature requirement is the default. Anyway, MYUPS shows the guitar was "left behind gate". The package was not there and no note was left on the door. I called UPS and they are telling me a signature was not required, but it was. So, the guitar has apparently been stolen, and I am being told a signature was not required I guess I am just :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: out of luck. Do I have any recourse?

2. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Got the 1Z tracking number handy? Just need the 9th and 10th digits to tell you whether it was signature required.

3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

So I'm lost did you pay extra to require a signature?

4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Tracking number?

5. taracatac

taracatac New Member

6. taracatac

taracatac New Member

I didn't select "deliver without signature" which is free. There isn't an option to require a signature, so that should mean a signature is required by default, correct? I always get a copy of the signature in the mail. This has never happened before.

7. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

That's not a signature required package.

8. cosmo1

Jones is all over this.

9. taracatac

taracatac New Member

So, how do you select a signature? The only option is to not require a signature when shipping from the web.

10. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

this is a troll or a sup from somewhere dont answer thread or a person trying to figure out how to do scam in near futre

11. cosmo1

A tracer request 8 hours after delivery? We're getting fast!

12. taracatac

taracatac New Member

Sorry, not a troll. Just an upset out of work guy who is out $355 bucks...

13. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

You're claim has already been denied?

14. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

If you insured it for $355, file a claim and UPS will have to pay for it. If you didn't pay for extra insurance, you get $100.

15. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

File a claim and there will be an investigation. Your prematurely lamenting your lost $350.

16. DorkHead

DorkHead Active Member

When you have a UPS account online, you have to pay $4.25 + shipping to receive a signature for a residential delivery. The default for residential is "no signature" Under "value added services" you would select "delivery confirmation" and then check the box for signature required

17. article22

article22 New Member

Moooooooooo

18. rod

rod retired and happy

Did the person you shipped it to call the police and report this theft?

19. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Weird, when i came into the shop last night I saw a driver playing a brand new guitar while riding the belt.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  20. Last time I checked, we don't have a "left at gate option" for dr'ing a package. How did you come up with this conclusion?