paid holidays issue

Ironman

did anybody who came in under the new contract get it
In our hub they told us that we get it when we get our seniority but when i got my check it was under 50 bucks ive had my seniority for a month and a half now

LVD*4*LIFE

Article 22 Section 7. Benefit Entitlements

Part-time employees hired after August 1, 2008 will receive holidays, personal days and option days provided by any applicable Supplement, Rider, or Addendum no earlier than after one (1) year of active employment.

Ironman

Wow we dont get paid and it wasnt an option to work thats just plain wrong this company just lost all cool points for that

robbdogg75

Hello,

I'm confused also, I started work as a loader on July 27th 2008 and I didn't get paid the holidays either. I keep getting mixed responses from supervisors and employees. Is there anyone that was hired in July and was paid for Thanksgiving? I keep being told by one supervisor to read my Teamsters book but the only one I have is for the new contract. I should fall under the old contract but unable to get any straight answers. If someone could help me with this I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Hello,

I'm confused also, I started work as a loader on July 27th 2008 and I didn't get paid the holidays either. I keep getting mixed responses from supervisors and employees. Is there anyone that was hired in July and was paid for Thanksgiving? I keep being told by one supervisor to read my Teamsters book but the only one I have is for the new contract. I should fall under the old contract but unable to get any straight answers. If someone could help me with this I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Why should you fall under the old contract ?
That contract died in Dec 2007, months before you started.
If you don't want the new contract book send it to me, I still looking for one.

LVD*4*LIFE

robbdogg75, talk to a steward about your situation. It is a the only way you will get this resolved fast. The 27th was a Sunday. Maybe double check to make sure that is your actual start date. Hope this helps!

gandydancer

Why should you fall under the old contract ?
That contract died in Dec 2007, months before you started.
If you don't want the new contract book send it to me, I still looking for one.

Old contracts never die, they just fade away...

Reread the date for no-holiday-pay hires quoted in LVD*4*LIFE's post.

US0352

Feeder
We have them in 243. Then they get laid of Aug 31, and get brought back as permanent on Sept 1. Total BS. That way it takes longer to get seniority. And pay dues with no rights.

Dark_Team_135

Seasonals in July? Under what Rider?

They are actually called "vacation replacements" under the Central Region language and are hired from May 1st to August 31st yearly...Add that with the November & December free hire period and that is a whopping 6 months out of the year for free hires...

robbdogg75

Thanks for all the responses, to clarify my start date it was July 28th and it was permanent hire. I received all my medical/dental benefits 60 days after my start date. Which let me say are the best benefits ever. I was just asking because every time someone quotes from the contract they say "new hires after August 1st 2008" I was hired as a permanent employee before August 1st. I guess I can look for my shop steward and ask him. Just was wondering what you guys thought before I go see the steward. Thanks again everyone

Dark_Team_135

Thanks for all the responses, to clarify my start date it was July 28th and it was permanent hire. I received all my medical/dental benefits 60 days after my start date. Which let me say are the best benefits ever. I was just asking because every time someone quotes from the contract they say "new hires after August 1st 2008" I was hired as a permanent employee before August 1st. I guess I can look for my shop steward and ask him. Just was wondering what you guys thought before I go see the steward. Thanks again everyone

If they actually hired you as a permanent employee before August 1, 2008 and you didn't sign a "vacation replacement form" then you should be OK and getting holiday pay after you reached seniority.

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
I was hired during the last contract, and as far as I remember, the policy of having to have 1 (one) year of seniority before being paid for holidays was in effect then as well. This would mean that he shouldn't be paid for Thanksgiving until next year. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it used to be.