Part time retirement

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It’s rough for the guys who started in their teens. Choose wisely because a few mistakes can eat away at your savings and 401k Hard to get back

Those years worked prior to age 21 don’t count, another negotiable item, one of many that could improve the membership under the Central and Southern. At least get all of us close to the Western’s “ Peer 80 and Peer 84 benefits...”

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I took my part-time pension three years before I turn 65, so I was penalized 6% a year. There wasn't much difference so I applied the same time I put in for my full-time pension. You can get all of your full-time pension at age 55, I'm in the Southern Supplemental. I think there are about a dozen pension plans across the country, there is no "Peer 80" language here.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm also in the Southern Supplement and out of 35 years four years were part time. I retired two weeks after turning 55 and I get $100.50 a month for these months and $3900 for 31 FT years. I'm very happy I got out when I did,never looked back and never had second thoughts

Brownwind

I'm also in the Southern Supplement and out of 35 years four years were part time. I retired two weeks after turning 55 and I get $100.50 a month for these months and $3900 for 31 FT years. I'm very happy I got out when I did,never looked back and never had second thoughts
Excellent 👍. Not bad. If you do look back you will see the rest of us are following you and not second guessing 😄

cachmeifucan

I’m thinking of raising my stock to 100 a week and 401k to 10% from 5% that’s still only about 16k a year. How much u think people should save each year.

I’m thinking of raising my stock to 100 a week and 401k to 10% from 5% that’s still only about 16k a year. How much u think people should save each year.
You also need a cash reserve.
From the time you retire to decide to take distributions from your 401k you're going to need a little cash buffer.
There's no one correct answer for anyone.

But definitely make sure some 401k contributions going to the Roth that will be key later on in life

Brownwind

I would love nothing more! I hope we all can get out of that place .Life is SO much better now
Can’t wait. I’m on my summer vacation and taking a practice run on retirement. I believe the future is looking pretty bright for us in brown. 😄😄.
A couple years of stupidity then hee haw….

Feistyascanbe

Is anyone retired here part time in central states? I currently work a full time job and part time at ups, just hit my 25 year and I’m burned out! Putting in for retirement after the first of the year just want to know what to expect and have left on my pension check after they take out for insurance and taxes I believe I’m getting somewhere in the neighborhood of $1300 a month! I was told it’s 25 and out in the central state I’m going to be using the insurance for me and my wife so they’re going to take $400 a month, I have no idea how they tax pensions!
Hopefully I make it to 25 years and I'm out too. I hate working at UPS now my new manager has made this job horrific, I'm doing my 25 and I'm gone with the quickness.