part time vs full time insurance

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BlackJack616, Oct 24, 2015.

1. BlackJack616

BlackJack616 Active Member

I just got full time new insurance... It sucks compared to my part time insurance... I'm going to be paying a lot more for prescriptions now than before... Im disappointed.... my previous myteamcare insurance would cover 100% of all my drugs i would take
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Shop around.

If you are taking maintenance meds you can save a lot of money by ordering them through the mail.

A lot of the national Rx chains take Teamcare with a very small co-pay.

You need to become a smarter medical consumer.
  3. BlackJack616

thanx i'll look into that... i went from paying 0 a month to now probably will average around 100 a month
  4. 8000Shelf

8000Shelf Active Member

I thought coverage for full timers is the same as part timers. It is here. Always has been.
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

It is here.
  6. Not when I started. We had to pay for our prescriptions and the company would send us a check about a month later.

That was many years ago.
  7. BlackJack616

my insurance before would cover meds from the compounding pharmacy and cover it 100%... now they don't cover any meds from the compounding pharmacy.. generic meds were 0 before now they are $5 and they no longer accept CVS!!!
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

You need to go to the Teamcare website and educate yourself before you spend any more money than you have to.
  9. 8000Shelf

8000Shelf Active Member

Me too 15 years ago but the coverage was still the same.
  10. It's been so long, I don't remember anymore. I just remembered the prescriptions because that hurt on a part time budget.
  11. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

We know ,your old. Your memory and mind are going quickly ....
  12. Amongst other things.
  13. BlackJack616

whats the website?
    before id use and it have all my claims and updates...
  14. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Are you on Teamcare, or a carve out? PT Teamcare is a little better than FT Teamcare here, but not that much. Prescriptions are covered 100% through Caremark/CVS for maintenance drugs with a few exceptions, but they have alternates that do the same thing that are covered. Prescriptions do not change from PT to FT.
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

I am on a Teamster health care plan but it is not Teamcare so I don't know what their URL is.
  16. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

All my prescriptions are free to me using the mail order pharmacy.
  17. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I pay 5.00 at CVS every time I buy a prescription.
  18. BlackJack616

my insurance is central PA teamsters health and welfare fund; conventry america
  19. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

It's not so bad man. I was upset at first too, however you HAVE to watch where you go. Sometimes they will try to screw you out of money, and sometimes you have to make sure they use labs that are covered etc. We just had a baby and so far I haven't paid anything. I paid for my wifes pain killers, and two other meds and it was like 7 bucks. I might have to pay a couple hundred bucks after it's all said and done. Make sure you are living within your means and it's no big deal.
  20. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

It the same in my area but than again the union runs are healthcare and always has....