Part Timers Don’t deserve $25

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
“Stealing full time work” Lmao
Let me try and educate you. Most locations, UPS pays a certain amount into a pension for PTmers. That money is controlled and paid out by the company. They also pay a certain amount into a pension fund for hours worked by FTmers. That money is controlled and paid out by the Teamsters. PT air drivers are not by job description supposed to deliver ground work. If enough ground work is delivered by PT air drivers, then the company would put less FT drivers on the road, thereby reducing the amount of money contributed to the pension for FTmers and increasing the chance of the pension fund becoming unstable and unviable. Hopefully you can comprehend this and why it is bad for PT to perform FT work, thanks for playing Scooby.

Let me try and educate you. Most locations, UPS pays a certain amount into a pension for PTmers. That money is controlled and paid out by the company. They also pay a certain amount into a pension fund for hours worked by FTmers. That money is controlled and paid out by the Teamsters. PT air drivers are not by job description supposed to deliver ground work. If enough ground work is delivered by PT air drivers, then the company would put less FT drivers on the road, thereby reducing the amount of money contributed to the pension for FTmers and increasing the chance of the pension fund becoming unstable and unviable. Hopefully you can comprehend this and why it is bad for PT to perform FT work, thanks for playing Scooby.
vVKqa0NMZzFyE.gif

Thebrownblob

Yep it’s not really that hard to understand, but peoples selfishness and self interest are what waters down contractual agreements, and it hurts everyone. The company loves it.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
1690546203008.gif

PoirotAtUPS

your employer is paying a VALUE for your work (denominated in X currency), so yes absolutely the VALUE should stay the same regardless of how hyperinflated your government makes that currency

is that a serious question? do you live on the :censored2:ing moon?

please show me in the history of the world when a Central Bank has allowed a deflation of the currency, i won't hold my breath

i'll answer you anyways though, yes absolutely because again the VALUE is what you're supposed to be compensated for
Look no further than the US. The US dollar has been steadily devalued for more than 100 years - the largest example was leaving the gold standard under the Nixon administration (meant the US no longer had to buy gold to print dollars).

Todays dollar would only be worth $0.04 in 1913 dollars - a decline of 96% (conversely a 1913 dollar would be worth over $22 today).

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Look no further than the US. The US dollar has been steadily devalued for more than 100 years - the largest example was leaving the gold standard under the Nixon administration (meant the US no longer had to buy gold to print dollars).

Todays dollar would only be worth $0.04 in 1913 dollars - a decline of 96% (conversely a 1913 dollar would be worth over $22 today).

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Not sure how you avoid a gap

I hate the prospect of some new member having to work a 10 hour shift for 8 hours worth of pay. So are looking like 4 hours of load or unload taking your lunch and waiting in hour in the building till your next 4 1/2 hours loading and unloading.

Oh Joy….where do we sign up…

PT Car Washer

So it's all about you. Figures.

PT Car Washer

I hate the prospect of some new member having to work a 10 hour shift for 8 hours worth of pay. So are looking like 4 hours of load or unload taking your lunch and waiting in hour in the building till your next 4 1/2 hours loading and unloading.

Oh Joy….where do we sign up…
And take an hourly cut in pay.

PT Car Washer

Yep it’s not really that hard to understand, but peoples selfishness and self interest are what waters down contractual agreements, and it hurts everyone. The company loves it.
Someone has to do the work. Had a couple delivery drivers go down with heat this week. Both of them 20 to 30 years younger then me.

Thebrownblob

Someone has to do the work. Had a couple delivery drivers go down with heat this week. Both of them 20 to 30 years younger then me.
OK? That’s an emergency and understandable. What’s your point nimrod? Any time a part-time air drivers used I am consulted by management. So far this summer we’ve only used them three times certainly not continual like you’re talking about.

TeltBender

These lazy :censored2:s want to make PT a livable wage. Eff that
$25 an hour is not even $150 more per week over $16 an hour. My building cannot even keep PT at $23 an hour. It’s nothing to do with a livable wage is has more to do with FT inside making almost double the hourly rate for the same work. I do agree though that PT alone should not be livable. But who is living on $400 a week?

dogs.bite.me

Wait, you think if part time had the same wage they wouldn’t need a second job?

You do understand it’s not a salary position right? And even if you get the same wage, full timers will still make more than twice as much because they’re working twice the hours?
How many times…. Are you going to repeat this????

Enough.

dogs.bite.me

Part timers went 30 years with out getting a raise drivers can go 5 years. If you don’t like it get a different job
They got raises during those years. Are you insane?

Starting rate for driver was in the teens when I started. Now it’s 23. Not as huge of a jump as you part timers got over the last few contracts.

You’re delusional. Who’s greedy now?? Take what they got and give it to us. FFS. And I was going to walk the line for you?!