PAS question.

ups1990

How many you out there are sick and tired of being sick and tired out of having to deliver a package from a different loop with one of your pals?
Does UPS have the ability to pinpoint who was the person responsible for placing incorrect pal stickers?

barnyard

KTM rider
How many you out there are sick and tired of being sick and tired out of having to deliver a package from a different loop with one of your pals?

We still get paid for running misloads. Maybe it is different in So Cal. If it is, maybe file a grievance so you get paid for running misloads.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Of course. In our building there is only one SPA. And if it wasn't a bad PAL then it was a misload and that goes to the preloader.

We have this happen all the time and it does get old. We are supposed to ODS in the misloads so service can be made and most drivers have stopped doing it until the end of the day because they don't want to have to go out of their way to deliver a misload. In some cases that 'out if the way' maybe 15 or 20 minutes 'out'.

Johney

All PAS personal who stick the labels on have to log into there machine so yes they can tell who put the PAL label on the wrong box. We have to turn ours in so they can tell who did it every time.There is some type of ID number on the bottom of the label along with the date and time it was scanned.

ikoi62

All PAS personal who stick the labels on have to log into there machine so yes they can tell who put the PAL label on the wrong box. We have to turn ours in so they can tell who did it every time.There is some type of ID number on the bottom of the label along with the date and time it was scanned.

you are supposed to log in but in our building we have a supervisor who wants to save time,so he logs all the decap computers under his id. its funny when the preload or division manager comes up and says we have to the person with this id. and we all point to the supervisor because its his id. he has been warned but he still does it.

Johney

you are supposed to log in but in our building we have a supervisor who wants to save time,so he logs all the decap computers under his id. its funny when the preload or division manager comes up and says we have to the person with this id. and we all point to the supervisor because its his id. he has been warned but he still does it.
I guess no one gets in trouble at your building for bad slaps.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Sounds like Black River.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
pull the PAS label and give it do the dispatcher every morning. The squeaky wheel gets the grease,so tell him in no uncertain terms how many miles you are driving to run these,and how much time it cost. raise enough sand and maybe something will be done about it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
pull the PAS label and give it do the dispatcher every morning. The squeaky wheel gets the grease,so tell him in no uncertain terms how many miles you are driving to run these,and how much time it cost. raise enough sand and maybe something will be done about it.
Dont bother, no one is held accountable for bad pals, either.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Dont bother, no one is held accountable for bad pals, either.
I stopped caring who/why/how these things happen anymore myself. I just control what I can in my own little world, work safely, and let someone else worry about the rest. I get paid to deliver boxes, be it mine or my neighbors, service is all we have to sell.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
I hate more then a misload or a bad PAL is having an area miles away from my route, but losing the area that should be on my route.
ITs a huge waste of money in my building. On days I have areas I should not have and dont have areas I should I can do an extra 10 to 12 miles a day, burn more gas, more time, my sporh goes down.

The worst part, no matter how hard you try to fix it they just dont care, think of the money we could make if we tried to fix the problems. Oh wait making money is not a big deal, looking good on a piece of paper is what counts...................................... BUY UPS STOCK what could go wrong.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had late freight yesterday and were on the belt wrapping up our cars. A pkg with "Bad Pal" written on it came down. Not one of the loaders or drivers bothered to read the address on the package to see where it should have been PAL'd. It came down by my car and I tried (twice) to hand it to the proper loader who told me (twice) that it was a Bad Pal. I told him to look at the address and all he could say was "Oh" and loaded it on the proper car.

This was an easy fix and it was like pulling teeth to get it on the right car.

Indecisi0n

Last week i sent in misload (had my PAL) that was an hour away but they still had me deliver it. They then send me a message asking "will you be in on time?" HAHAHAH

menotyou

bella amicizia
When PAS came to our building, we were told to double check PAL to package. No more. They don't have time. Mis-applied PAL's are getting warning letters for the SPA people. Not that they do anything about anyone who has a pile a paper in their file. I know people on Art. 7, who are still late and have a job. Go figure.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We had late freight yesterday and were on the belt wrapping up our cars. A pkg with "Bad Pal" written on it came down. Not one of the loaders or drivers bothered to read the address on the package to see where it should have been PAL'd. It came down by my car and I tried (twice) to hand it to the proper loader who told me (twice) that it was a Bad Pal. I told him to look at the address and all he could say was "Oh" and loaded it on the proper car.

​UPS has put blinders on our preloaders. They have no clue, anymore, how to look outside the box. They wouldn't know what an 'alpha chart' is if it bit 'em in the ass.

ups1990

This is answers my question. I had no clue workers had to log into their machine.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

One of the company's goals when they implemented PAS/EDD was to "de-skill" the preload operation. Unfortunately, they have succeeded. Preloaders are no longer paid to think...they are paid to generate a PPH metric on a report.