Pay Raises are now Official

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This is why we will never be able to unite and get a union going.
We're all too afraid to reveal ourselves, even to each other, here on B.C. Where we're all crying that we need a union.

Beware the FedEx Cyber Ninja Squad that goes around getting the secret ISP "signatures" left by posters here. I could be a member, dusting for "signatures".

vantexan

You are insane.
Google trace ISP forum post and see what you turn up. I was just suggesting that he and others be careful as to how much info they volunteer on these forums as there are ways to figure some things out. I'm not saying that FedEx is full-time trying to figure out who everyone is here. But in the case of MFE it might be prudent not to say he's about to log in to the intranet as that's a clue that might be useful. Someone high up might like to find out just who he is. You interjected yourself and claimed it wasn't possible to figure such things out and they don't care anyways. More than anything it's the condescending way you did that and have answered posts in the past. Well bud you don't know everything but I do believe you are a mgr for two reasons. You don't think a courier knows anything and you place no value on something a courier says unless you thought of it first. Typical. Now excuse me while I go howl at the moon...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is why we will never be able to unite and get a union going.
We're all too afraid to reveal ourselves, even to each other, here on B.C. Where we're all crying that we need a union.

This is right on the money. Nobody except the suck-ups can afford to reveal themselves because they know what will happen to them if managment gets even a whiff of the ultimate "evil"...a union. What 59Dano will never admit is that this whole freaking company is structured to kill unons, and also kill-off anyone who dares to speak out about how absolutely wrong that is. FedEx is a money machine precisely because Fred has this company set-up exactly the way it needs to be to keep the Teamsters out. It's outrageously immoral, and illegal because union-busting and anti-union activities on the part of management aren't kosher. Fred's got politicians in his pocket and millions in his wallet earmarked for keeping us underpaid and overworked. And he's gotten away with it for 30 plus years. He's a power broker in Washington, and his money buys him whatever he wants. And what he wants is to have us be wage slaves working for peanuts, just like WalMart.

This is all good with people like 59Dano because they're down with the scam. For their small part of the "action" (lower management), they'll screw you over in a heartbeat hoping that someday they can be one of the big cheeses in Memphis. The odds against that are tall, especially considering how quickly managers disappear these days, but until they do get canned, these little Naploeans think their feces don't stink and that they are the absolute bomb.

In reality, they're nothing but miniature versions of the Weasel-In-Chief. And the Big Kahunas in MEM don't even know that these mini-tyrants even exist, other than knowing that they are doing their bidding.

As long as we've got the system we do, getting a union is a near impossibility. But with all the little management lackeys who have sold their soul out there, we really need the Teamsters to balance things out.

FedEx truly sucks, and the only way to fix it is to sign a card and force Uncle Fred to respect us. Nothing else will work.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Beware the FedEx Cyber Ninja Squad that goes around getting the secret ISP "signatures" left by posters here. I could be a member, dusting for "signatures".

I'm calling the Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
Frylock, Meatwad, Shake...where are you?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
FedEx is a money machine precisely because Fred has this company set-up exactly the way it needs to be to keep the Teamsters out. It's outrageously immoral, and illegal because union-busting and anti-union activities on the part of management aren't kosher. Fred's got politicians in his pocket and millions in his wallet earmarked for keeping us underpaid and overworked. And he's gotten away with it for 30 plus years. He's a power broker in Washington, and his money buys him whatever he wants. And what he wants is to have us be wage slaves working for peanuts, just like WalMart.

Why this practice is even tolerated is beyond me, unless most politicians are weasels just like Fred. Yeah that's probably it huh?

How far do you think one of us would get trying to bribe an ordinary police officer or a judge? Wealthy or not we'd be in jail real fast.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why this practice is even tolerated is beyond me, unless most politicians are weasels just like Fred. Yeah that's probably it huh?

How far do you think one of us would get trying to bribe an ordinary police officer or a judge? Wealthy or not we'd be in jail real fast.

Politics and money go hand in hand, and Fred has proven time after time how much he is willing to spend to keep us in the poorhouse. Eventually, I think Smith will get what's coming to him.

59 Dano

This is right on the money. Nobody except the suck-ups can afford to reveal themselves because they know what will happen to them if managment gets even a whiff of the ultimate "evil"...a union. What 59Dano will never admit is that this whole freaking company is structured to kill unons, and also kill-off anyone who dares to speak out about how absolutely wrong that is. FedEx is a money machine precisely because Fred has this company set-up exactly the way it needs to be to keep the Teamsters out. It's outrageously immoral, and illegal because union-busting and anti-union activities on the part of management aren't kosher.

So... what laws are being broken in regards to union/anti-union activity at FedEx?

This is all good with people like 59Dano because they're down with the scam.

Yep. If management wants to lecture the hourlies about the evils of unions, I have no problem with that as long as the hourlies are paid for every single second of it. I also don't care if they want to have the hourlies sit around and listen to classical music and get paid. A meeting is a meeting, and they all pay the same regardless of the purpose.

59 Dano

Google trace ISP forum post and see what you turn up. I was just suggesting that he and others be careful as to how much info they volunteer on these forums as there are ways to figure some things out. I'm not saying that FedEx is full-time trying to figure out who everyone is here. But in the case of MFE it might be prudent not to say he's about to log in to the intranet as that's a clue that might be useful. Someone high up might like to find out just who he is. You interjected yourself and claimed it wasn't possible to figure such things out and they don't care anyways. More than anything it's the condescending way you did that and have answered posts in the past. Well bud you don't know everything but I do believe you are a mgr for two reasons. You don't think a courier knows anything and you place no value on something a courier says unless you thought of it first. Typical. Now excuse me while I go howl at the moon...

There are some things that I'm fairly certain about. You may want to act like you know what you're talking about even if you don't, but I don't see any reason for me to play dumb when I know what I'm talking about.

But LOL!! You offer up a broad-brush remark about managers as you accuse me of painting all couriers with a broad brush!! I don't have anything at all against couriers. They're just like managers. Some are really good, some are really bad, and the rest are in between.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There are some things that I'm fairly certain about. You may want to act like you know what you're talking about even if you don't, but I don't see any reason for me to play dumb when I know what I'm talking about.

But LOL!! You offer up a broad-brush remark about managers as you accuse me of painting all couriers with a broad brush!! I don't have anything at all against couriers. They're just like managers. Some are really good, some are really bad, and the rest are in between.

Most managers are bad (look in the mirror if you want to see one).

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Yep. If management wants to lecture the hourlies about the evils of unions, I have no problem with that as long as the hourlies are paid for every single second of it. I also don't care if they want to have the hourlies sit around and listen to classical music and get paid. A meeting is a meeting, and they all pay the same regardless of the purpose.

Quite a analogy there but next time let's compare apples to apples.

vantexan

I've worked with more mgrs than most couriers have. Enough to believe I've got a pretty good grasp of the attitude of the average FedEx mgr. There have been some I'd go to war for. But not most of them.

As for the rest, if you would do the research you'd find that from a forum post it can be determined by the ISP what city and state the post originated from. For more info than that such as the poster's identity you'd need a subpoena. Just because you weren't aware of that doesn't make it any less valid. Difference between you and me is that when I've been proven wrong I admitted it, but you arrogantly believe you are superior to me so I seriously doubt you'd ever admit you're wrong about anything.

snackdad

I've worked with more mgrs than most couriers have. Enough to believe I've got a pretty good grasp of the attitude of the average FedEx mgr. There have been some I'd go to war for. But not most of them.

As for the rest, if you would do the research you'd find that from a forum post it can be determined by the ISP what city and state the post originated from. For more info than that such as the poster's identity you'd need a subpoena. Just because you weren't aware of that doesn't make it any less valid. Difference between you and me is that when I've been proven wrong I admitted it, but you arrogantly believe you are superior to me so I seriously doubt you'd ever admit you're wrong about anything.

Just use Anonymouse if your are nervous about FedEx finding your IP address. BTW mostly your IP is not shown in the town where you live, they can be 20,30,50.... miles away from where you live.
You can check here. IP Address | What Is My IP Address | IP-Adress.com Lookup IP Tools Personally I hope FedEx knows who I am and who and what I am writing about. I have never fabricated a story and after 20+ years I have hundreds of examples of the pathological nature of FedEx. I kept the falsified delivery records, the notes, the letters I wrote with no response from HR. One day you get a Bravo Zulu, the next day you get an OLCC.

And Van I have to agree with you about your assessment of management. The majority of managers are in their positions because they can do the dirty work of FedEx without emotion or question. They are usually drenched in personal problems, feelings of inadequacy, and overall lack of people skills. The good ones never last. The really bad ones never go away.
I once had a manager who was very frustrated ask me what I would do if I were him. He really did not like the answer I gave him. Let's say it involved a long walk off a short pier.

Years ago my senior was pushing me to go into management. I said NO, I never want to be as happy as you and the other managers are. The examples we are shown everyday of the kind of person FedEx wants you to be to act as a manager are horrible. The back stabbing, lies, intimidation, retaliation, substance abuse, emotional problems, etc. Let alone the favoritism and secret pacts and love triangles between management and subordinates. I never want that kind of success.

vantexan

Just use Anonymouse if your are nervous about FedEx finding your IP address. BTW mostly your IP is not shown in the town where you live, they can be 20,30,50.... miles away from where you live. You can check here....I have never fabricated a story and after 20+ years I have hundreds of examples of the pathological nature of FedEx. I kept the falsified delivery records, the notes, the letters I wrote with no response from HR. One day you get a Bravo Zulu, the next day you get an OLCC. And Van I have to agree with you about your assessment of management. The majority of managers are in their positions because they can do the dirty work of FedEx without emotion or question. They are usually drenched in personal problems, feelings of inadequacy, and overall lack of people skills. The good ones never last. The really bad ones never go away. I once had a manager who was very frustrated ask me what I would do if I were him. He really did not like the answer I gave him. Let's say it involved a long walk off a short pier. Years ago my senior was pushing me to go into management.... The back stabbing, lies, intimidation, retaliation, substance abuse, emotional problems, etc. Let alone the favoritism and secret pacts and love triangles between management and subordinates. I never want that kind of success.

Nah, I've identified myself on here before. As you said, just tell the truth. But I thought MFE might want to be careful about clues he was giving. I do have to make a managerial exception. Our director intervened on our behalf and required our mgrs to listen to us at today's loop meeting. So we are now doing what we've been asking for the last week. One of our senior couriers talked to the director very early this morning and the director texted our mgr to call him before the meeting started. And I have to say that this director gets it and puts the employees first.

59 Dano

Quite a analogy there but next time let's compare apples to apples.

If the company wants to lecture the employees about the perceived evils of unions, they have to pay the employees for it. Those meetings pay the same as safety meetings, SFA meetings, and all the other meetings.

If I'm paid by the hour and the company wants to lecture me on something, have at it! I don't care if it's pro-union, anti-union, or the finer points of impressionist art. Money is money and I'll take as much as they see fit to give me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If the company wants to lecture the employees about the perceived evils of unions, they have to pay the employees for it. Those meetings pay the same as safety meetings, SFA meetings, and all the other meetings.

If I'm paid by the hour and the company wants to lecture me on something, have at it! I don't care if it's pro-union, anti-union, or the finer points of impressionist art. Money is money and I'll take as much as they see fit to give me.

Technically, it's illegal for the company to be anti-union. Obviously, that hasn't stopped them.