Paycheck stolen and cashed! Please Read

Hello all! This may get lengthy, but please try to endure it I would really appreciate some input.

I was hired on 2/20 for the preload shift. I had a check for 3/2 however I confused myself on bring a week in the hole so I didn’t expect a check until 3/9. However, when when I picked my check up the stub showed that I grossed more than I received on that check (along with the fact that the check was a little short). A supervisor couldn’t locate the missing check so he told me to speak with the hub manager on Tuesday (3/13). When I spoke to the manager she informed me that the system shows that somebody cashed the check (and that the system showed that I worked more hours than I was paid for on the check that was short), and that I should have a new check by that Saturday. I stayed an hour after my shift waiting on air to arrive only to be told that a check did not come for me. At the end of my shift today I went to talk to the manager and she told me that they were looking into the issue and that I need to bring in whatever check stubs I had so that they could match up the hours I worked.

Are they really allowed to make me continue to wait for the money that I earned because my supervisors slipped up and either gave my check away or stole it? They dont even make you sign anything when you go get your check they just ask for your name, and I wasnt given an option to enroll in direct deposit yet. Please give me your two cents or even some advice on this situation.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hello all! This may get lengthy, but please try to endure it I would really appreciate some input.

I was hired on 2/20 for the preload shift. I had a check for 3/2 however I confused myself on bring a week in the hole so I didn’t expect a check until 3/9. However, when when I picked my check up the stub showed that I grossed more than I received on that check (along with the fact that the check was a little short). A supervisor couldn’t locate the missing check so he told me to speak with the hub manager on Tuesday (3/13). When I spoke to the manager she informed me that the system shows that somebody cashed the check (and that the system showed that I worked more hours than I was paid for on the check that was short), and that I should have a new check by that Saturday. I stayed an hour after my shift waiting on air to arrive only to be told that a check did not come for me. At the end of my shift today I went to talk to the manager and she told me that they were looking into the issue and that I need to bring in whatever check stubs I had so that they could match up the hours I worked.

Are they really allowed to make me continue to wait for the money that I earned because my supervisors slipped up and either gave my check away or stole it? They dont even make you sign anything when you go get your check they just ask for your name, and I wasnt given an option to enroll in direct deposit yet. Please give me your two cents or even some advice on this situation.

Are you in the union

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Call the cops

I don't know if this person is in a RTW state and has no intention of joining the union. I'll be :censored2:ed if I am going to help a leech
2jCmo1qbzHKs8.gif

Maybe set up direct deposit?

tadpole

Go get set up on upsers.com and you can view all your paychecks and your hours will be listed so if there are discrepancies you can inform management.

Don’t jump to conclusions that your check has been cashed.

clean hairy

The title of the thread said it all.
I would contact sup first, then human resources to get pointed in the right direction.
If in the union, they could be of assistance......

dudebro

Our inside payroll systems tell us many things, but one thing they don't tell us, is whether a check has been cashed or not. Someone is full of BS with that one.

rod

Retired 22 years
For years our checks were just put in a pile by the time clock. You came to work-punched in and grabbed your check out of the pile. Never had any problems.