Pelosi

moreluck

golden ticket member
Who does she think she’s fooling? Power-hungry Pelosi would resort to human sacrifice if it helped her take back the House speakership.

Via Washington Examiner:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., indicated that President Obama’s support for gay marriage is worth any electoral reversals that Democratic Party might sustain as a result.

“The statement that the president made was something that was the right thing to do for the country; it filled my heart with joy,” Pelosi told reporters today. ”We come here to do a job for the American people, not to hold a job . . . It’s more important than any political consequences.”

Pelosi would not discuss whether Obama would lose support among black voters.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is what's wrong with the Democrat's thinking.......calling an effort to curb spending and be more responsible with tax payer money.....immature, is just crazy!!! (consider the source)

Via Washington Examiner:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., described the recent call for spending cuts voiced by Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, as “immature [and] irresponsible” today.

“To toss this into the mix right now — saying we have to have cuts that exceed even the extent to which we lift the debt ceiling is really immature, irresponsible,” Pelosi said. “This is not a wholesome debate. It already can be damaging just the fact that it’s brought up. I think we should snuff it out, immediately

moreluck

golden ticket member
am39qx.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Because when I hear the name Pelosi, I always think, 'constitution'.....NOT !

(CNS News) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said the Supreme Court will uphold the constitutionality of President Barack Obama’s health care law, predicting a 6-3 decision because, as she remarked, “I know the Constitution.”

At a Capitol Hill press conference on Thursday, a reporter asked Pelosi, “Madame Leader, the Supreme Court is getting ready to rule in the next month or so on the health care bill, and you’ve expressed pretty high confidence – I think you said 6-3 – but I’m just wondering if Democrats and the Democratic leadership have had any discussions or meetings to plan for any sort of contingency plan given the possibility that the court could strike provisions from the law or the whole law, I’m wondering if Democrats are having any meetings to discuss contingency plans?”

Pelosi, in reference to how the nine-judge court will rule, said, “6-3. That’s it. 6-3.”

She was then asked why she was so confident about her prediction
“Because I know the Constitution,” Pelosi said. “This bill is ironclad. It is ironclad.”

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I heard Pelosi say this morning after the new unemployment #....."ask the Republicans why they haven't produced jobs."

Does she know that 2/3 of the 3/3 of power is held by Democrats. Let's ask the Democrats where are the jobs?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bono And Richard Gere Hail “Indispensable” Leadership of Nancy Pelosi…

Hurl alert.

Via Politico Click:
Among those applauding House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s commitment to humanitarian issues at a private event in New York on Tuesday: U2 frontman Bono and actor Richard Gere

“No one has fought harder than Nancy Pelosi since the day she came into office 25 years ago,” Bono, who co-founded the anti-poverty campaign ONE, said. “Millions of people all over the world owe their lives to Nancy and the bipartisan coalition that fought to contain the AIDS epidemic, not just here in America, but in the poorest parts of this planet.”

Calling her leadership “indispensable,” Bono said Pelosi has “reached across the aisle in this fight and worked with presidents from left and right.”

Gere, wearing jeans and a blazer, happily posed for a photo with Pelosi along with Bono, Rep. Barbara Lee and Rep. Barney Frank, who were also in attendance.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pelosi: “Bishops Suing HHS Don’t Speak For The Catholic Church”…

Is she really claiming the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishop does not speak for the Church?

(CNSNews.com) — House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) said on Thursday that the 43 Catholic institutions — including the Archdiocese of Washington, D.C., the Archdiocese of St. Louis and the Archdiocese of New York–that are suing the Obama administration over its regulation mandating that all health-care plans must cover sterilizations, contraceptives and abortifacients are not speaking for the Catholic Church.
When the lawsuits were filed in a coordinated action on May 21, Archbishop Robert J. Carlson of St. Louis spoke at a press conference, giving a quite different impression.

"The mandate set to take effect in August of this year requires us to violate our teaching on sterilization, contraception, and abortion-inducing drugs,” Archbishop Carlson said in explaining the lawsuits that were filed simultaneously in 12 different federal court districts across the country by Catholic archdiocoeses, dioceses, universities, schools and charitable organizations.

“The Catholic Church, led by the U.S.C.C.B. [U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops], has pursued every imaginable avenue to correct this problem without litigation,” said the archbishop. “But in a few short months, the federal government will force Catholic institutions to choose between violating the law and violating our moral convictions. Right now, the future is unclear, and any scenario that forces us to violate our moral convictions is unacceptable.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
The woman is devoid of even the slightest hint of shame.
Subject: help me celebrate my anniversary
Date: June 9, 2012 12:12:21 PM EDT
To: Drew
Drew —
Today is my 25th anniversary in Congress. I want to take a moment to thank you for your support over the years.
We have made tremendous progress because you have stood with me to ensure that we continue moving America forward.
And now, it’s because of friends and supporters like you that the House Majority is within reach with five months left until Election Day.
On this special anniversary, House Democrats are focused on the 25 seats we need to win the Majority.
Please contribute $3 or more right now to ensure House Democrats have important resources to support strong Democratic candidates and Members facing tough challenges for re-election and hold Republicans accountable for their misguided agenda.
President Obama needs a strong Democratic Majority in Congress and your support will bring us closer to returning the gavel to Democrats who will focus on the people’s interests instead of the special interests.
You are the backbone of our party and we will win in November because of your tireless support and determination.
Can you chip in today?
Onward to victory,
Nancy