Pelosi

moreluck

golden ticket member
Also, according to John he was not a "hands on" investor........I think it was a blind trust.....you know, you have a guy that does it for you.

The rule should definitely be changed and this should be illegal for congress people......

moreluck

golden ticket member
“The message of the protesters is a message for the establishment in every place,” she told reporters in a Capitol press conference. “The message of the American people is that no longer will the recklessness of some on Wall Street cause massive joblessness on Main Street.

“God bless them for their spontaneity,” Pelosi added. “It’s independent people coming (together), it’s young, it’s spontaneous, it’s focused and it’s going to be effective.”

So far, Occupy Wall Street has drawn vocal support from former Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI) and a handful of progressive lawmakers, including Rep. John Larson (D-CT), who heads the House Democratic Caucus; Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), the ranking Democrat on the House Rules Committee; and Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-OR).

Lue C Fur

Evil member
“God bless them for their spontaneity,” Pelosi added. “It’s independent people coming (together), it’s young, it’s spontaneous, it’s focused and it’s going to be effective.

"They will rape, do some drugs, assault police, expose themselves, disrupt business of the 99% they claim to support, steal, vandalize public and private properity, and take a crap on old glory"...God bless them.

Maybe she will invite them to the white house and give them all medals of honor.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our local SUNY college held a OWS-like rally at a local park yesterday. They assembled for about an hour, giving speeches and planning future rallies. They then marched from the park back to campus, which is about 2 miles, holding signs and shouting rally cries. I happened to be driving by during the march and, while stopped in traffic, tried to read some of the signs. When the protesters asked me for my support I decided to have a little bit of fun with them by telling them I was part of the 1%. (They weren't amused)

wkmac

"They will rape, do some drugs, assault police, expose themselves, disrupt business of the 99% they claim to support, steal, vandalize public and private properity, and take a crap on old glory"...God bless them.

I think you're confused. Sounds to me like you're describing Washington DC!

moreluck

golden ticket member
November 22, 2011 @ 12:30 pm | Love It: Pelosi Pens DCCC Letter Reaffirming Support For Occupy Wall Street Movement…

Thank you, Nancy! You’re are making this way too easy for us.
Via WaPo lefty blogger Greg Sargent:
For weeks now, Republicans have attacked Democrats for voicing support for the Occupy Wall Street protesters, in particular faulting the DCCC for standing up for them. And the incidents of violence and excess have led some neutral commentators to predict that Dems will pay a political price if they align themselves with the movement.

So it’s interesting to see that the DCCC is sticking by Occupy Wall Street. Indeed, the DCCC is now raising money off that recent report of a GOP-connected corporate lobbying firm’s proposed smear campaign against the movement. Nancy Pelosi has authored a DCCC fundraising email that presents this as proof that Republicans are on the side of Wall Street and against Dems and the protesters

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=2]Pelosi Yet Again Backs Occupy Wall Street: “They Have Made a Very Strong Statement . . . We Have To Empower The 99%”…[/h]
pelosi-tired-550x309.jpg

If violence, sexual assaults, stealing, defecating in public, drug use, vandalism etc qualify as making a statement then I guess she’s right.
(National Journal) — Protesters continued flooding the Capitol on Thursday, chanting in the streets, holding signs in support of “the 99 percent,” and trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to get meetings with lawmakers.
The demonstrators are not from just one group and their demands may vary, but they have a common goal — one that House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., says resonates with her.

“I think the protesters have made a very strong statement: The status quo is unacceptable,” she said. “I agree with that.”

Pelosi said that the many voices are proof that “we have to move forward to empower the 99 percent to offset the impact of the Supreme Court decision of money in campaigns,” and that the country must work toward “diminishing the power of money in politics.”

She was referring to last year’s controversial Citizens United decision, which allows outside groups to raise and spend unlimited amounts of money to influence federal elections

moreluck

golden ticket member
Republicans are extreme because they want the tens of thousands of jobs that the pipeline will deliver.........Rad!!

December 9, 2011 @ 2:00 pm | Nancy Pelosi Accuses Republicans of “Extremism”…

Because I know you guys have been longing for another Pelosi post after the four that went up yesterday. I can’t help it, she’s been a goldmine lately.
Via The Hill:
Republican “extremism” is the only thing stopping Congress from finalizing an extension of the payroll tax cut and getting out of town for the holidays, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi charged Friday.

The California Democrat hammered the tax package from House Republicans, warning that the addition of “poison pill” riders — particularly language expediting approval of the Keystone XL oil sands pipeline — means the bill is dead on arrival. [...]

“It’s not about what the American people are thinking; they support a payroll tax cut, whether they’re Democrats or Republicans or Independents,” she added. “It’s about the extremism of the Republicans in the House of Representatives that remains the obstacle to this tax cut.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just as a comparison, I get my haircut once every 6 weeks at Supercuts for $16.50....that's all. Wash, comb and go every day from home.

| Thursday, December 15, 2011 @ 10:46 am |
Class Warrior And Major OWS Supporter Nancy Pelosi Spending $250 a Week On Her Hair…
Must be nice.
(Roll Call) — Looming government shutdowns, confidence-shaking debt limit standoffs and divisive payroll tax melees may rattle rank-and-file Members. But absolutely nothing stops the impeccably coiffed House Minority Leader from tending to her famous ’do.
California Democrat Nancy Pelosi starts each and every morning with a quick trip to her daily hair appointment at the Four Seasons Salon, George.
Pelosi’s hair stylist dished to HOH about her routine trips, which occur five days a week and consist of blow-drying and styling. Occasional splurges include color, highlights and a trim. The Four Seasons, however, claimed no responsibility for the shorter cut she debuted a few months back.
From the George at the Four Seasons Salon website.

So a conservative estimate of $50/day X 5 = $250/week and over 52 weeks comes out to $13,000 a year

moreluck

golden ticket member
She must get her figures the same place Klein does !!!!!

Pelosi: Extending Unemployment Benefits Would Create “600,000 Jobs”…

It’s almost like she’s just making stuff up.

(CNS News) — House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said that extending unemployment benefits would add “600,000 jobs to our economy.”

She also said that the money from unemployment benefits creates a “safety net” for the U.S. economy because it “injects demand into the economy — creating jobs.”

“The payroll tax cut that the president proposed would put $1,500 in the pockets of 160 million Americans,” she said. “The unemployment insurance extension is not only good for individuals. It has a macroeconomic impact. As macroeconomic advisers have stated, it would make a difference of 600,000 jobs to our economy

moreluck

golden ticket member
, December 16, 2011 @ 3:50 pm | Pelosi: “This Can Clearly Be Labeled The Republican Do-Nothing Congress”…

Whereas her’s would have been clearly labelled the “we effed everything up Congress.”
(The Hill) — House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) lambasted Republicans for leading a “do-nothing Congress” as the first year of their House majority draws to a close.

“It can clearly be labeled the Republican do-nothing Congress. It’s a year of missed opportunities and made-up crises,” Pelosi said in a press conference Friday, which she hoped would be her last for the year.

Michael Steel, a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), responded: “The current ‘crisis’ was entirely manufactured by the Democrats who run Washington, and everyone knows that.”

Pelosi, who lost the Speaker’s gavel nearly a year ago, criticized the House GOP for not focusing on jobs and for ginning up crises that nearly shut down the federal government and caused a national default

moreluck

golden ticket member

I can now see how she relates to the OWS people.....NOT !!!............

"Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi, D-CA, who served as Speaker of the House and is now head of the House minority, is once again spending her Christmas at the exotic Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka’upulehu in Kona on the island of Hawaii.

Pelosi reportedly plans to spend her Christmas Eve at midnight mass in St. Michael’s Catholic Church in Kailua-Kona.
Pelosi spent the last two Christmas holidays in Kona at the same hotel in an elaborate suite that rents for $10,000 a night."