Pension questions

Legitimyze

If you work part time for lets say 10 years, then go to full time, then how is the pension determined. From the point you started full time or do they take in account the 10 part time years you put in?

And there are different pensions as far as union vs non-union right? What if you join the union after lets say those 10 years, when the time comes to retire, do they just add up all the years together and give one pension or is it separate company + union pension checks?

oldngray

nowhere special
If you work part time for lets say 10 years, then go to full time, then how is the pension determined. From the point you started full time or do they take in account the 10 part time years you put in?

And there are different pensions as far as union vs non-union right? What if you join the union after lets say those 10 years, when the time comes to retire, do they just add up all the years together and give one pension or is it separate company + union pension checks?

2 checks, one for full time and another for part time years. Both come from same address in Atlanta but from different accounts.

oldupsman

In my local the part time pension comes from UPS and the full time pension comes from the Teamsters.
Two different checks from 2 different accounts

Legitimyze

I am a part time package handler, with barley a month in. This may never even apply to me but I just needed some info to consider options for the future.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I am a part time package handler, with barley a month in. This may never even apply to me but I just needed some info to consider options for the future.
Options? What options...as a PTer...you won't be vested in a pension for 5 years. Like IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U already said, come back and ask again in a few years!

oldngray

nowhere special
In 5 years a part timer will be vested enough pay gas and maybe beer money (if he/she drinks swill). Hardly worth talking about by itself.