Pension

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
My coworker is retiring after 28 years. He said he’ll be paying $150 a month for him and his wife to have the same healthcare

It could be another issue, why are certain areas receiving better retiree healthcare benefits than others that are in the same plan. In the Central it is $ 400 a month a couple, that ends when either party qualifies for Medicare and with reduced lifetime benefits (Team Care).

Our healthcare plans’ benefits are not a negotiable item…the decisions made good or bad are strictly done by the trustees that administer Team Care or any other healthcare plan. The International just negotiates the monetary increases and has no control after that.

Just how many locals are there that are not under Team Care nationwide ? I know of L 348 that have their own.

The amount of weekly monetary contributions usually runs over 500 a week FT/350 PT. Should we expect improvements under this TA because of that .50 per hour increase?

It could be another issue, why are certain areas receiving better retiree healthcare benefits than others that are in the same plan. In the Central it is $ 400 a month a couple, that ends when either party qualifies for Medicare and with reduced lifetime benefits (Team Care).

Our healthcare plans’ benefits are not a negotiable item…the decisions made good or bad are strictly done by the trustees that administer Team Care or any other healthcare plan. The International just negotiates the monetary increases and has no control after that.

Just how many locals are there that are not under Team Care nationwide ? I know of L 348 that have their own.

The amount of weekly monetary contributions usually runs over 500 a week FT/350 PT. Should we expect improvements under this TA because of that .50 per hour increase?
We should expect some kind of improvements
Team care is over 3 plus years of surplus

Trucker Clock

Nah I'm in the west remember. Apparently we get 8k a month so we need to help the little guys.

Well, you refuse to tell us what your projected pension is.

In 2028, after 35 years at age 55, the Central will be $5700/mo.

This is a real simple question. I know it could vary a little, but what is your projected pension in 2028 if you had 35 FT years in and age 55? I say $8K/mo. Prove me wrong.

542thruNthru

This is a real simple question. I know it could vary a little, but what is your projected pension in 2028 if you had 35 FT years in and age 55? I say $8K/mo. Prove me wrong.
Honestly i was going to answer and explain but...you're not worth anyones time here. You attack anyone and everyone that doesn't conform to your pension rules/beliefs. You pretend to know everything by relaying what your old contacts may have told you and then change your mind again when they update you.

You may have been a very good source of info when you were a BA, now you speak with conviction and then suddenly realize you're out of the loop and change your statement.

Best thing you could do is retire. "Again"

You're another example of Peter's Principle. Thank you for your service though.

You can do the math. I told you we have a guy here who's at (just under) $5,100/mo with 29 years. He hits 30 in November, so call it $5,100 & change. In five years that'll be just over $6,600.

A lot of money, sure, but far from your bull:censored2: $8k you keep dumping all over.

There, you're wrong.

Trucker Clock

Honestly i was going to answer and explain but...you're not worth anyones time here.

I'm not the only one that asked. Or don't you want us to know?

you attack anyone and everyone that doesn't conform to your pension rules/beliefs.

Huh? Attack everyone?

I responded to a few that complained that their pensions were frozen because they did not get a contribution increase. I explained that they will get a pension increase. How is that attacking? I think @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U said his pension really didn't go up much. He should be the one bitching. But he saw the contract as a whole. With all the gains and realized that we cannot get everything at once. I hope he makes it one more contract so that we can work on everyone's pension next contract.

There was one certain individual who never stopped bitching, so I may have gone above and beyond trying to explain it to him, but it wasn't an attack. He posted over and over and over about a pension freeze.

You pretend to know everything by relaying what your old contacts may have told you and then change your mind again when they update you.

When they updated me on what?

You may have been a very good source of info when you were a BA, now you speak with conviction and then suddenly realize you're out of the loop and change your statement.

What did I change. A few posts I realized I made a math error.

Best thing you could do is retire. "Again"

In do time. And I told you what I'm expected to get in retirement. How about you? Or is it top secret?

You're another example of Peter's Principle. Thank you for your service though.

Never rose up, or promoted, in the hierarchy. I got tired of the politics. Peter's Principle does not apply.

Trucker Clock

You can do the math. I told you we have a guy here who's at (just under) $5,100/mo with 29 years. He hits 30 in November, so call it $5,100 & change. In five years that'll be just over $6,600.

A lot of money, sure, but far from your bull:censored2: $8k you keep dumping all over.

There, you're wrong.

I'm not talking about anyone with less than 30 years in. And is this guy actually retired, not accruing any more benefits?

You also said earlier that it would be around $5,800 if he had 35 years. So in 2028, it would be around what, $7,300? Almost $90K per year. And I still think you're lowballing it.

I'm not talking about anyone with less than 30 years in. And is this guy actually retired, not accruing any more benefits?

You also said earlier that it would be around $5,800 if he had 35 years. So in 2028, it would be around what, $7,300? Almost $90K per year. And I still think you're lowballing it.
What? He's not retired, if he had 35 in today it would be around $5,800 as his first five years would've been minimal contributions in the late 80s and early 90s. Where are you getting $7,300 for 35 years? You're just making :censored2: up, like I said, you're perfect for center manager.