Permanent on call

Hello everyone, I have a job at ups here in buffalo and I was just curious to learn more insight. They said the position can lead to full time. And I start at $30 an hour but then go down too $21 once January hit cause I guess that's what the starting scale is. Also the position has benefits that start 6 months in. I'm just trying to see how hours are going too be I know I'll get at least 40 everyweek due to it being busy still. The manager told me that it does get slow in January but they try too work you enough so you keep you insurance. Is this position good for my foot in the door.

Also manager said they will be adding more sleeper teams soon and he said alot of the older guys don't want it. He also said that's easily a six figure job. Is he telling the truth? Also what's the schedule and pay scale on that like?

Sorry for so much I'm extremely excited and grateful for the opportunity for me and my family. I'm 27. Im hoping this can be my reti job.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello everyone, I have a job at ups here in buffalo and I was just curious to learn more insight. They said the position can lead to full time. And I start at $30 an hour but then go down too $21 once January hit cause I guess that's what the starting scale is. Also the position has benefits that start 6 months in. I'm just trying to see how hours are going too be I know I'll get at least 40 everyweek due to it being busy still. The manager told me that it does get slow in January but they try too work you enough so you keep you insurance. Is this position good for my foot in the door.

Also manager said they will be adding more sleeper teams soon and he said alot of the older guys don't want it. He also said that's easily a six figure job. Is he telling the truth? Also what's the schedule and pay scale on that like?

Sorry for so much I'm extremely excited and grateful for the opportunity for me and my family. I'm 27. Im hoping this can be my reti job.

never heard of permanent on call
But what do I know

So should I be concerned here? I've really excited now I'm terrified. I thought this was a great opportunity. He said by year four I'm at 38 an hour. Also sleeper teams are going too open up.

So should I be concerned here? I've really excited now I'm terrified. I thought this was a great opportunity. He said by year four I'm at 38 an hour. Also sleeper teams are going too open up.
Yes you should be concerned.
And I even think about sleep run you not even hired yet, you need some seniority to get those

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Honestly, its what everyone here says. Dont sign anything for a temp job on promises they'll hire you full time down the road. Either sign for a 22.4 or article 40. Those are the full time jobs. Even then, youll only get it if you qualify.

Nothing here at ups is guaranteed. No matter what HR, the union or managers tell you. We never know anything until literally the day it happens.

ManInBrown

You’re nothing but a breathing body. Don’t trust one thing they tell you. They lie to all the temp workers. I’m not saying you won’t be hired permanently. It happens. But right now don’t believe a word they tell you. Yes sleepers is a six figure job. If you were hired permanent it would take 4 years to get to full rate.

SandSpida

Believe 0% of what management tells you, 1% of what they put in writing and 90% of what you get from your fellow employees. The other 9% you will figure out on your own.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation

Good Luck. Amazon delivering all over Tonawanda, Niagara, Grand Island, Orchard Park & the entire Erie county.

That Bezos is spoiling his Amazon employees with all the loot he has---can't get organized in that door. So you got the right attitude for a future resume.