pet peeves

UPSNewbie

Slow drivers. Overpriced restaurants serving crap food. The holiday season from the day after Thanksgiving up to New Years Eve. A packed grocery store with only two lanes open. As a loader, the conflict with my drivers telling me they hate the new loading system and my supv telling me to load the way the system says to load. I try to keep positive in all aspects in life and I have to try extra hard with these few above.

This is my biggest pet peeve. Sure it can get annoying with the q-tips driving like old people friend... but it's called a speed LIMIT not speed REQUIRED.

If you're in a 50 zone, the minimum is usually 25. Sorry.

bigbrownhen

Dogs that chase the truck. I am a dog person, just love the little critters. I do my best not to hurt one. Its really annoying when one runs back and forth right in front of me, you cant get past and out run them. I dont mind if they stay to the side in the yard, thats just a race. I have a few stock dogs on my route that like to play like that, but they stay away from the tires.

over9five

Staff member
I hate it when I go to a Dunkin that doesn't have chocolate covered cake donuts. They're my favorite, but most Dunkins don't have them.

NHDRVR

Slow drivers. Overpriced restaurants serving crap food. The holiday season from the day after Thanksgiving up to New Years Eve. A packed grocery store with only two lanes open. As a loader, the conflict with my drivers telling me they hate the new loading system and my supv telling me to load the way the system says to load. I try to keep positive in all aspects in life and I have to try extra hard with these few above.

Roll with the punches, pal. The company is too damn big to control anything so stay positive, as you have been, and it helps to communicate with the drivers, if you see them, to just let them (us) know that your doing what you can. That makes a big difference to me because although you can't fix the PAS system, it tells drivers that you care about what you do. It matters...

Big Babooba

Another pet peeve of mine - Certain fans of a certain team from NYC who don't know their place. (at the bottom of the food chain!). They should be seen and not heard! Hell, who wants to even see them!:happy-very:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Another pet peeve of mine - Certain fans of a certain team from NYC who don't know their place. (at the bottom of the food chain!). They should be seen and not heard! Hell, who wants to even see them!:happy-very:
Ouch, BigB, that hurt.

Mowing the lawn with a no longer, self propelled, mower.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Sorry, forgot you guys still don't have grass, up yonder.
100_9006.jpg
100_9015.jpg

P

pickup

poor steve, take solace. There was once a little boy who grew up in Brooklyn when the Brooklyn dodgers were still playing at Ebbet's field. He however was a yankee fan and was like any other minority, was subjected to beatings and tauntings. These experiences toughened up the young boy and when he grew into manhood , his skin was so toughened, he no longer gave a shoot about what anyone else thought. That man's name is ..... Rudolph Giuliani, and now you know the rest of the story.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
poor steve, take solace. There was once a little boy who grew up in Brooklyn when the Brooklyn dodgers were still playing at Ebbet's field. He however was a yankee fan and was like any other minority, was subjected to beatings and tauntings. These experiences toughened up the young boy and when he grew into manhood , his skin was so toughened, he no longer gave a shoot about what anyone else thought. That man's name is ..... Rudolph Giuliani, and now you know the rest of the story.
I hope you're coming on the cruise.

Big Babooba

I used to deliver to a guy named Ebbets. His great uncle was the one and only Charlie Ebbets. I have a guy named Doubleday on the route I'm doing now. He says he's a descendant of Abner's.

P

pickup

I hope you're coming on the cruise.

No, Steve, you won't have a chance to beat me up. I can't go on a cruise. The point that boat reaches the point where I perceive I can't swim back to shore is when I will have an anxiety attack. I am an excellent swimmer but this goes back to a sailboat incident 27 years ago when I was on a turned over sailboat about 10 miles from shore of a caribean island. The rope was stuck in the pully so I couldn't loosen the sail and hence couldn't flip the boat over to the upright position because the sail was holding the water. Stuck out there for 2 and 1/2 hours , until the boat rental guy came out. sunburned I was and I was thinking about the sharks. No, no, no, .... no boat cruise for me.

UPSNewbie

No, Steve, you won't have a chance to beat me up. I can't go on a cruise. The point that boat reaches the point where I perceive I can't swim back to shore is when I will have an anxiety attack. I am an excellent swimmer but this goes back to a sailboat incident 27 years ago when I was on a turned over sailboat about 10 miles from shore of a caribean island. The rope was stuck in the pully so I couldn't loosen the sail and hence couldn't flip the boat over to the upright position because the sail was holding the water. Stuck out there for 2 and 1/2 hours , until the boat rental guy came out. sunburned I was and I was thinking about the sharks. No, no, no, .... no boat cruise for me.

Yoda... :funny:

I've capsized a sail boat. No fun AT ALL.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

We're not going on a sailboat. C'mon, man, snap out of it already.:biting:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Had a rural driver lose a wheel yesterday due to just thiis type of road. Lat's be careful out there, folks.
And probably got accused of not doing a pre-trip. I have no doubt. Not only are we supposed to deliver, sell the company to new clients, put out fires for pissed off customers, we are wholly and totally responsible for the maintenance of our trucks that we drive. GD are good.:surprised:

And just in case someone missed it (as I'm sure some did) I WAS being totally sarcastic.