Phil (Duck Dynasty) covered under 1st Amendment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Can't stand these so-called reality shows. Nothing in these shows is reality. They are all scripted. But who can blame the "actors"? The popularity of these shows says nothing about the participants, and everything about the people who watch them. America has no imagination, and a terminally, short term attention span.

This is what TV has become? Yikes!

I don't know who this guy is, and I don't care.

What I find funny, is the same type of people defending this guy were the same type of people that were lined up to lynch The Dixie Chicks in 2006 for the same 1ST Amendment issue.

Hypocrisy, anyone?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What I find funny, is the same type of people defending this guy were the same type of people that were lined up to lynch The Dixie Chicks in 2006 for the same 1ST Amendment issue.

Hypocrisy, anyone?

I agree with you but roadrunner thinks you're an idiot. Whatever.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Actually, I think than anyone who believes this is a 1st Amendment issue is a bit of an idiot.

Umm...

The "idiot"... would be the person... who "thinks" it's not a 1st Amendment issue.

He was not speaking on anyones behalf... but, his own.

More likely... it's a marketing ploy...

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Umm...

The "idiot"... would be the person... who "thinks" it's not a 1st Amendment issue.

He was not speaking on anyones behalf... but, his own.

More likely... it's a marketing ploy...
Please, explain how his 1st Amendment rights were in any way infringed upon? He is free to say any idiotic, homophobic, racist thing he wants. He was back in the pulpit yesterday doubling down. No one was stopping him.

The 1st Amendment does not, however, guarantee a phony reality show on cable TV at $200k/episode.

brett636

Please, explain how his 1st Amendment rights were in any way infringed upon? He is free to say any idiotic, homophobic, racist thing he wants. He was back in the pulpit yesterday doubling down. No one was stopping him.

The 1st Amendment does not, however, guarantee a phony reality show on cable TV at $200k/episode.

This is technically true, but the 12 million people who watched him on that reality tv show can take their ratings elsewhere as well. A&E will really miss that ratings juggernaut considering such a hugely popular show is hard to come by. The Robertsons will simply wait till their contract runs out in a year or so and take it to some other network who will gladly take the ratings boost the show brings with it.

brett636

It is not only 'technically' true, it's actually true.

You could just say it's true, and leave it at that. Nothing technical about it.

As far a TV networks go, I understand there is a new one that would fit very well.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/....html#s82201title=RightNetwork_in_Searchlight

I'd imagine such a small start up network will have a tough time competing with the big established networks in acquiring such a show. It will probably end up on Fox or one of the alphabet networks where they need the ratings.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Screen-shot-2013-12-21-at-8.38.18-PM.png

Charlie Daniels? He's your 'go to guy'?

Status
Not open for further replies.