Philadelphia Airhub

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Seeinghabits, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Seeinghabits

Seeinghabits New Member

Recently applied for a full-time driver position out of the philadelphia Airhub.

According to the website this is not a seasonal position but a full time spot, does anyone know if they are currently hiring drivers off the street?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

www.upsjobs.com

3. Purplepackage

Purplepackage Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the post says he already applied, meaning he was most likely on that site already

4. UpstateNYUPSer

Then he should have been able to answer his own question.

5. Purplepackage

Might be one of those 20 something millennials that need reassurance on everything

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. By the time he gets hired and trained, no way is he going to get his 30 days in before free period. Sounds like they are blowing smoke.

7. Purplepackage

I did hear from a friend who works in the city that ups is hiring a bunch of full time drivers in that area for t-s work

8. UpstateNYUPSer

I heard those drivers will be losing 2 holidays.

9. Not saying that it's not possible. I've been here too long to see all of the empty promises they made to new hires.

10. Purplepackage

I'm sure they will still get the holiday pay for them

11. Seeinghabits

Seeinghabits New Member

I was primarily asking so this doesn't happen, i was just wondering if anyone who worked there had any insight

12. I can only wish you the best of luck.

13. Future

Future Well-Known Member

3 weeks?

14. Man Of Brown

Man Of Brown Active Member

Here as long as you start your packet before Oct 1 you will get seniority during the free period.

15. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

As some of us might remember, Philly is one of the markets that UPS is using to test out its Saturday delivery plan.

16. Purplepackage

Which could potentially lead to them hiring off the street, so hopefully the op did apply for a full time spot

17. Analbumcover

Analbumcover Member

HR Sup at the hub I went to class at said there's a big shortage of feeder drivers. Put up a 20 slot bid sheet for feeders and only 9 in-house responded. The rest are being outsourced off the street. "Scraping the bottom of the barrel" were the words used.

18. KOG72

KOG72 Well-Known Member

Well it sucks to work there,then!!!

19. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

It's good people who want to be drivers and have more opportunities to do so because of this.

20. UpstateNYUPSer

Saturday ground was an eventuality and, much like other new service offerings, will start off slowly and build up steam as the words gets out.

I do feel sorry for the Saturday air drivers who will lose their jobs as a result.