Piling on resi because it's resi

Grey

that moment when a pre-loader comes to your truck with 3 pieces of paper and a bunch of boxes 10 minutes before you leave and your load is already packed. Don't worry it's just resi.

ManInBrown

Those ADD sheets are dollar signs to me. They own us Monday thru Friday. No difference to me between getting home at 7 or 9. I'll happily enjoy that FAT paycheck on Friday

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I've finally come to just accept the fact that getting home at 8, 9, or later is just going to be the norm. Not like there's anything important to get home to anyway so might as well just let the money roll in so I can enjoy the time I do have off more.

Grey

I've finally come to just accept the fact that getting home at 8, 9, or later is just going to be the norm. Not like there's anything important to get home to anyway so might as well just let the money roll in so I can enjoy the time I do have off more.

Definitely easier when you're single with no chitlins.

9.5er

The difference in centers is crazy. Seems lots of guys are out late in other centers. My center averages 9-9.5 hour days. It is rare to have any of our guys out past 7-7:30.
Also up til we got orion if one driver was really heavy we would rally the troops and get him some help if possible. Me and 2 other drivers would almost always come back at the same time. We would check on each other in the afternoon and make sure we were all in good shape to finish at a decent time.

alwaysoverallowed

I think it's kind of depressing that we have become so downtrodden that we are now accepting 11 to 12 hour days as the norm. I decided that if they want me out that late I want to be compensated fairly so I got on the 9.5 list and am now getting 2 to 3 hours of penalty pay a week. It doesn't make me feel better about getting done after or near dark all year round but it makes it a little easier. I think the union needs to put stronger language in the contract that would say we could bring the work back instead of being out there.

PT Car Washer

11-12 hour days are not the norm.
Not the norm in my building unless the driver wants to work 10 hours and bonus 2 to 3 hours everyday. We start at 9:00 to 9:30 and drivers are back anywhere from 16:30 to 19:00 most nights with a few out till 20:00 occasionally. The really late drivers are mostly new guys who turn down help earlier or the milkers trying to send a message to their management team that they are overloaded everyday.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
11-12 hour days are not the norm.
Actually they are. Just not in the BOG.

I've even had management admit in hearings that it's the new normal from corporate.

You're in a small center without Orion.

You are the exception not the rule. The rest of us know this. Look outside the BOG and I bet every driver will tell you different