Pilot strike

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
UPS pilots worked without a contract for a long time. When we were on strike in 97 the pilots walked the picket line with us
in support.

yadig

With them....it's all about them.....Can any of you guys remember the last time the ALPA offered anything more than lip service in behalf of the people on the ground?
They haven’t lost a single benefit in my 25 years. Good for them guys! There smart and don’t leave it up to wall street for a fair wage and benefits.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They haven’t lost a single benefit in my 25 years. Good for them guys! There smart and don’t leave it up to wall street for a fair wage and benefits.
Fred could have paid a fair wage across the board, but he didn’t. I’m sure he’s used Wall Street as a scapegoat.

Funny how after the pilots became certified with ALPA in 1993, that’s when the wage progression slowed way down for DGO staff especially for midrange employees and below. Coincidence? I think not.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
But have they ever come out in support of Express or Ground box mules?
have no idea. i don't work for them. just my experience with UPS pilots.
All the pilots I have ever met were very professional......except they didnt make sure the cargo was secured in the movie Castaway. Probably not their job to do that anyway.

shartpost

Not even a strike, they're picketing on their off day. This is more of a public protest. They're still working and Raj will throw them some peanuts to shut them up. Rinse and repeat