Planned Parenthood

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Wrong! The morning after pill does not cause an abortion. Their is no fetus to abort. It only stops an egg from joining with sperm.
Why do you, @DriveInDriveOut, disagree with my post about the morning after pill? So you disagree with doctors, and just about anyone else that should know, that say it isn't an abortion?
You're over simplifying the "morning after" pill. Sometimes it prevents ovulation, yet if that doesn't happen it acts as a chemical abortion by preventing the embryo from implanting.

You're saying there's no fetus, so there's no abortion. That's certainly one way of looking at it.... were you aware the fetal stage doesn't even begin until 8 weeks? So do you support abortion at up to 8 weeks?
See how it's a little more complicated than you're making it out to be?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Man-you are either the most out of touch person in the world or the most stupid. In case you have been living under a rock the "just say NO" campaign for teenagers (and others) just don't work. Its kind of like the just say no campaign against drugs---hows that working?

Where did I say abstinence? You won't find it. When I was dating my wife, we had sex quite often. She was on the pill or we used condoms. 100% foolproof sex, go in the rear entrance, nobody's ever gotten pregnant that way.

BrownArmy

Where did I say abstinence? You won't find it. When I was dating my wife, we had sex quite often. She was on the pill or we used condoms. 100% foolproof sex, go in the rear entrance, nobody's ever gotten pregnant that way.

There's no 100% foolproof sex.

Sorry.

(Even in the 'rear entrance'...are you for real?)

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There's no 100% foolproof sex.

Sorry.

(Even in the 'rear entrance'...are you for real?)
You're not serious, are you? Anal sex is 100% foolproof, there is no point at which the rectal cavity connects to the vaginal cavity. also, oral sex is 100% foolproof. if the semen travels down the throat, and egg cannot be fertilized.

Did you not pay attention in sexual education class??

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You're not serious, are you? Anal sex is 100% foolproof, there is no point at which the rectal cavity connects to the vaginal cavity. also, oral sex is 100% foolproof. if the semen travels down the throat, and egg cannot be fertilized.

Did you not pay attention in sexual education class??

I guess you didn't pay attention. Aren't the rectum and vagina kind of in close proximity? And can't certain fluids sometimes go where you didn't intend them to? Glad you're an expert on that anal sex.

You know, that's where lawyers and Klansmen come from.

Overpaid Union Thug

You're over simplifying the "morning after" pill. Sometimes it prevents ovulation, yet if that doesn't happen it acts as a chemical abortion by preventing the embryo from implanting.

You're saying there's no fetus, so there's no abortion. That's certainly one way of looking at it.... were you aware the fetal stage doesn't even begin until 8 weeks? So do you support abortion at up to 8 weeks?
See how it's a little more complicated than you're making it out to be?

I didn't oversimplify it. You just didn't know what it was. Hence the "dislike."

http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/ecabt.html

Sometimes it's better to admit you were wrong and that you learned something than to back peddle. It's like watching that character in an old 80s slasher flick keep back peddling when the killer is coming at them when they could stop and face the music or turn completely around and run away.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I didn't oversimplify it. You just didn't know what it was. Hence the "dislike."

http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/ecabt.html

Sometimes it's better to admit you were wrong and that you learned something than to back peddle. It's like watching that character in an old 80s slasher flick keep back peddling when the killer is coming at them when they could stop and face the music or turn completely around and run away.
You're the one who doesn't understand what it is.
From your own link:
It is possible that EC may affect the movement of egg or sperm (making them less likely to meet), interfere with the fertilization process, or prevent implantation of a fertilized egg.
So what was I wrong about?

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

So what was I wrong about?

You asked.....you shall receive.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE MORNING-AFTER PILL AND THE ABORTION PILL

There has been considerable public confusion about the difference between the morning-after pill and the abortion pill because of misinformation disseminated by groups that oppose safe and legal abortion. The morning-after pill, also known as emergency contraception, helps prevent pregnancy; the abortion pill, also known as medication abortion, terminates pregnancy. According to the general medical definitions of pregnancy that have been endorsed by many organizations — including the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the United States Department of Health and Human Services — pregnancy begins when a pre-embryo completes implantation into the lining of the uterus (ACOG, 1998; DHHS, 1978; Hughes, 1972; “Make the Distinction ..., “ 2001). Hormonal methods of contraception, including the morning-after pill, prevent pregnancy by inhibiting ovulation and fertilization (ACOG, 1998). The abortion pill terminates a pregnancy without using instruments. By helping women terminate unwanted pregnancies up to 63 days after their last menstruation, the abortion pill is a safe and effective option.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You asked.....you shall receive.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE MORNING-AFTER PILL AND THE ABORTION PILL

There has been considerable public confusion about the difference between the morning-after pill and the abortion pill because of misinformation disseminated by groups that oppose safe and legal abortion. The morning-after pill, also known as emergency contraception, helps prevent pregnancy; the abortion pill, also known as medication abortion, terminates pregnancy. According to the general medical definitions of pregnancy that have been endorsed by many organizations — including the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the United States Department of Health and Human Services — pregnancy begins when a pre-embryo completes implantation into the lining of the uterus (ACOG, 1998; DHHS, 1978; Hughes, 1972; “Make the Distinction ..., “ 2001). Hormonal methods of contraception, including the morning-after pill, prevent pregnancy by inhibiting ovulation and fertilization (ACOG, 1998). The abortion pill terminates a pregnancy without using instruments. By helping women terminate unwanted pregnancies up to 63 days after their last menstruation, the abortion pill is a safe and effective option.
At least you're learning something from this conversation.
Euphemisms are fun aren't they?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I can't learn something I already knew. You, on the other hand, should be soaking this up like a sponge. And here's more.......

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...g-after-pills-dont-cause-abortion-studies-say
I've had this conversation an exhausting amount of times there is nothing left to learn especially from someone as arrogant and self-righteous as you.

You think preventing a fertilized egg from implanting is not an abortion, and can link to people who agree with that all day long.
Plenty of people disagree with you though, ever heard someone say life begins at conception?

You think whatever you believe is fact and disregard anyone who sees things differently than you. My point is that it's not a clear cut issue, people are entitled to their own opinions.

Overpaid Union Thug

I've had this conversation an exhausting amount of times there is nothing left to learn especially from someone as arrogant and self-righteous as you.

You think preventing a fertilized egg from implanting is not an abortion, and can link to people who agree with that all day long.
Plenty of people disagree with you though, ever heard someone say life begins at conception?

You think whatever you believe is fact and disregard anyone who sees things differently than you. My point is that it's not a clear cut issue, people are entitled to their own opinions.
Oh but I have plenty of doctors and other experts on my side. No matter how many times you click the "disagree" or "derail" buttons (yes, I'm on to you and I enjoyed playing your game for a few minutes) you can't change the facts. Just suck it up and admit that you were proven wrong. Humility is more impressive than stubbornness.