Planned Parenthood

Overpaid Union Thug

Not quite. They're arguing that life begins at conception and chemical interference with the implantation of a fertilized egg is abortion. The same thing happens with the morning after pill.... If only they had you to educate them about how wrong they are lol.

"If you're using "birth control" products and you have a breakthrough ovulation that releases an egg, sperm can then reach and fertilize your egg. At that moment -- you would be pregnant! Fertilization means conception has taken place and you now have a brand new son or daughter who is as complete genetically as he or she will ever be throughout life."

The point of the article is clearly to show that a breakthrough ovulation can occur and that the subsequent fertilized egg is chemically destroyed. By applying their own view on what conception is they are claiming that the chemical destroying the egg is an abortion.

What they are not claiming is that the morning after pill is doing the same thing. And even if you apply their view on conception to the morning after pill you still end up with the same fact that I've mentioned several times already. That the morning after pill does not cause an abortion.

"Depending upon where you are in your cycle, Plan B One-Step may work in one of these ways:

• It may prevent or delay ovulation.
  • It may interfere with fertilization of an egg."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What they are not claiming is that the morning after pill is doing the same thing. And even if you apply their view on conception to the morning after pill you still end up with the same fact that I've mentioned several times already. That the morning after pill does not cause an abortion.

"Depending upon where you are in your cycle, Plan B One-Step may work in one of these ways:

• It may prevent or delay ovulation.
  • It may interfere with fertilization of an egg."
Wrong again. If you apply their view on conception, the morning after pill is abortion.

Plan B works like other birth control pills to prevent pregnancy. Plan B acts primarily by stopping the release of an egg from the ovary (ovulation). It may prevent the union of sperm and egg (fertilization). If fertilization does occur, Plan B may prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the womb (implantation). If a fertilized egg is implanted prior to taking Plan B, Plan B will not work.
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/EmergencyPreparedness/BioterrorismandDrugPreparedness/ucm109795.htm

Overpaid Union Thug

Wrong again. If you apply their view on conception, the morning after pill is abortion.

Plan B works like other birth control pills to prevent pregnancy. Plan B acts primarily by stopping the release of an egg from the ovary (ovulation). It may prevent the union of sperm and egg (fertilization). If fertilization does occur, Plan B may prevent a fertilized egg from attaching to the womb (implantation). If a fertilized egg is implanted prior to taking Plan B, Plan B will not work.
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/EmergencyPreparedness/BioterrorismandDrugPreparedness/ucm109795.htm

Wrong again.......

Read carefully........

http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/07/morning-after-pill-akin-to-abortion-the-science-says-no/

Or more specifically.....

"The story of how the implantation myth got started is more complicated: apparently, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) felt obliged to mention the possibility that emergency contraception could thwart implantation of a fertilized egg — even though there was no scientific evidence of that fact — on the label, back in 1999 when the first morning-after pill, Plan B, was approved. What was the agency’s hunch based on? According to Belluck, it was partly “wishful thinking” and partly the fact that daily birth control pills, some of which contain progesterone, Plan B’s active ingredient, may alter the lining of the uterus, which is where a fertilized egg would implant. Never mind that such alterations haven’t been proven to prevent implantation or that morning-after pills don’t actually trigger such changes anyway.

Over the years, as evidence mounted that the morning-after pill didn’t interfere with implantation, the makers of Plan B, which is now sold as Plan B One-Step, repeatedly asked the FDA to delete that language from the label. The FDA repeatedly declined. Citing confidentiality, FDA officials wouldn’t tell Belluck why."

With that said.....My position is that once the egg attaches and a fetus is formed then it's game off. But to argue whether or not cell(s), fertilized eggs, an what not are life and therefore are children seems a bit silly to me. Because if that's the stance people really want to take then hell......every time a man uses a condom he ends up killing potential babies. Lots of them.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yeah, because you need to be a doctor to understand how one does and does not become pregnant. :o

OK, Mr. Expert. I know a few people in high school where the girl got pregnant even though they were using exit-only "birth control". I'm serious here. Did you graduate from high school?

rod

Retired 22 years
OK, Mr. Expert. I know a few people in high school where the girl got pregnant even though they were using exit-only "birth control". I'm serious here. Did you graduate from high school?

WOW!!--- what kind of a skanky high school did you go to? We were lucky if we found some gal who would let you get to 2nd base. Even the very- very few home-run gals said no to exit-sex.

Overpaid Union Thug

WOW!!--- what kind of a skanky high school did you go to? We were lucky if we found some gal who would let you get to 2nd base. Even the very- very few home-run gals said no to exit-sex.

The way the high school girls dress now I'm not surprised with all the teenage pregnancies.

Overpaid Union Thug

So girls get pregnant all by themselves? Isn't that how Jesus was conceived?;)
No they get impregnated by horny little piss ant boys that can barely control themselves when the girls are fully clothed. LOL. I just can't believe how revealing parents are letting their teenage (or younger) daughters dress. They might as well be telling them to go out and get laid with as many teenage boys as they can.

MAKAVELI

No they get impregnated by horny little piss ant boys that can barely control themselves when the girls are fully clothed. LOL. I just can't believe how revealing parents are letting their teenage (or younger) daughters dress. They might as well be telling them to go out and get laid with as many teenage boys as they can.
Teenage pregnancy has actually been trending downward.
http://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent-health-topics/reproductive-health/teen-pregnancy/trends.html

moreluck

golden ticket member
zUyfoe6.png