Please go to Local 2727 for upcoming strike info

fr8dog

Here we go again... were just asking for a col raise (3%) over the life of the contract. retro and no healthcare. The grade 20's are crooks. stealing millions of ups profits and jamming it in their pockets. were turning into enron..worldcom.. corupt managment running the ups ship. we are not going to let that happen. we will have support from the local joe on the street when we tell them the bosses are stealing millions and running OUR compay into the ground. they won't care how much we make , they'll jump on the corupt managment bandwagon...upstate just cross the picket line to get ur daughter a happy meal, nobody will care. plus one other thing, the ups drivers are the hardest workers in the company. we realize this.

UPSSOCKS

UpState is correct and the ground operations will not strike because of 2727...
2727 is over paid and doesn't deserve anything more.... As a matter of fact, all this strike talk is BS and no one is going to strike. If they do choose to strike it will be the worst mistakes of their career.

The thing about the teamsters that is interesting is, they claim to be a brotherhood, but they only car about themselves. If the roles were reversed airbusfxr would be singing the same song as UPSTATE. Ground employees think about yourself and your families and let these overpaid airline mechanics dig their own grave....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Socks, it's not that simple. You should know this. If IBT tells us we are striking then that is what we are doing. As I understand it, it's not our decision. It's completely up to IBT.

pomf

If IBT pays me my full amount of money I make every week plus keep my health insurance current I'll lockout. If not, then I'll exercise my right in a "right to work" state and drop my union membership and go to work. I have to get bills paid and support family; I don't have time for this nonsense.

I'm now starting to get my finances turned around after being out of full time work for for over 5 months. I'll be damned if I get behind again, especially for something as ridiculous as this.

airbusfxr

Why did you not get full pay for over 5 months? Huh the ibt laid you off? Oh UPS stuck it too you. Go into mgt you will be a better boss than a worker. After the strike see how many friends you have. I know a scab that stills says someone is still working him over for 13 years. Funny he has bought alot of tires and paint jobs and no one at World port gives a damn if he lives or dies.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I also did not support the strike in 1997 and I think the Airline mechanics are portraying the Teamsters in a bad light.
I personally only see the same names overe and over and over again saying the same things over and over and over again.
I believe nothing the Airline Mechanics say, one in particular, based on his attacks and nasty comments towards anyone that even subtly disagrees with him. Look at his reply to pomf above. Classic example!
He then comes off as a "Brother" looking for sympathy and support.
Go ahead and attack me now, Mr. "Senior Member".
BTW, I won't lower myself to your level and call you schoolyard names as you and your Brothers and Sisters have on several occassions
I also agree with UpsState on this one.

mrv

Bottom line is EVERYONE needs to prepare for the real possibility of a strike. UPS is determined to bust this local as they will yours in 2013. We are just little fish for the real fight in 2013. We will get strong support from our Teamster brothers and sisters, we will get 100% support from the IPA, and this will get ugly.

airbusfxr

MRV, your right, a few drivers understand in 2013 they will be asked to give back. Scott Davis did not come from within UPS, alot of people still think he rose from within. He AINT no Jim Kelley, he is more of a raider.

pomf

For a little clarity airbusfxr, I'm a part time worker at UPS. I was laid off from my full time job. UPS didn't stick anything to me.

Also, I know many people on my shift that will not stop working because of you guys. I go to work to support my family and myself not to make friends. I have friends outside of UPS. So I could really care less what UPS teamsters think.

Have fun joining the other 8.5 million people looking for work.

mrv

For a little clarity airbusfxr, I'm a part time worker at UPS. I was laid off from my full time job. UPS didn't stick anything to me.

Also, I know many people on my shift that will not stop working because of you guys. I go to work to support my family and myself not to make friends. I have friends outside of UPS. So I could really care less what UPS teamsters think.

Have fun joining the other 8.5 million people looking for work.

Maybe you should look into going into management if you don't care what UPS teamsters think. Remember bottom feeders are frowned upon by both sides.... it shows a lack of character.

There will always be people willing to exploit and take advantage of labor disputes, but in the end they all slither away.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

pomf, if there is a work stoppage you will not have the option to work. You (along with rest of us) will be locked out. Let's just hope it doesn't get to this point.

geneva54

Bottom line is that no one wins in a strike.............company or union.
Right now UPS can not afford to have any service disruptions and lose any business. They lost some large accounts during the drivers strike.

Look what the drivers got for striking..............nothing!!

It is still very unfair for a profitable company like UPS to impose an enormous health care cost to us just out of the blue..........Management or Union!!
The drivers really need to support us on this because guess what..........they will be the next ones hit on Health care with their upcoming contract in 2013.

airbusfxr

I wonder why upstate is now changing his tune. I guess in 2013 when he gets a big dose of paycuts and health care payments, he will like mechanics and pilots standing by him.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I wonder why upstate is now changing his tune. I guess in 2013 when he gets a big dose of paycuts and health care payments, he will like mechanics and pilots standing by him.

Sir:
You are chipping away at your own ceditability....just in the exchange on this thread.
Ups and several others ask you qwuestions and you resort to name-calling and answer-dodging...That's all you do!
MRV seems to be OK with the same methodology.

Let me tell you......I am IPA and you're on your own. I haven't heard anyone around here speak of having knowledge of your issues much less supporting them

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Change what tune? I have said from Day 1 that I do hope that this is resolved and that your group gets the contract that you deserve. I have also said that your group needs to be realistic in your demands and know that the decision of a group numbering less that 1,000 will have a huge impact on a group numbering over 200,000. Can you imagine the public relations nightmare if we were to strike? This very well could be a strike that the company does not survive, at least not in the form that we know today.

I am realistic enough to know that concessions will be made in 2013. I know that our price point makes it very difficult to secure new volume. $32+/hr plus benefits for a job that does not require a HS diploma seems more than fair to me.

At what point is it enough?

UPSSOCKS

Airbusfxr and his brothers are jokes....... Not only does UPS not care about them, but neither do the teamsters. In the end, The IBT will burn you to save lower paid employees benefits.. All full time Employees are going to pay for healthcare.. End of story....

The part timers are safe... And guess what?? When you full time employees wet your pants and try to strike, a part timer will be happy to fill your position, and pay for benefits and make your wage..... So strike and see if your union is 100% with you...... You guys are pathetic and weak.. and much more divided than you think.....