Pobre and friends

menotyou

bella amicizia
Re: Comparison: Last, Best & Final to Pre-strike proposals

I investigated the three usernames you linked here Sober and it appears your amazing powers of observation and deduction have let you down.

There is no relationship between PobreCarlos/SloppyJoes7/AssistantSanta.

Note: I do agree with your definition of "lying" and although mistaken, I see no reason to think you are a liar.
No matter what some paid troll thinks, that fact remains that Sober is one of the most respected members of this forum.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

No matter what some paid troll thinks, that fact remains that Sober is one of the most respected members of this forum.

I do read Sobers post when i run across them but in this case he guessed based on faulty analysis and logic and got it wrong.
Nobody is perfect as demonstrated.

I regard to the paid troll comment , I can assure you Pobre is not a paid troll ... not sure about the troll part but certainly not paid.

Pobre appears to be a mirror for the mindless Teamster loons to see their doppelganger.

menotyou

bella amicizia

I do read Sobers post when i run across them but in this case he guessed based on faulty analysis and logic and got it wrong.
Nobody is perfect as demonstrated.
I understand that, but he is not(as Dr. Spin says) a liar.

CharleyHustle

soberups;

What "additional facts and information"? What "facts" were presented in the first place? What has there been to "believe"...other than a few posts someone typed here on BC? Beyond, that, it's not like a requested an unreasonable amount of evidence; just some facsimile (or a link to same) of the source the poster maintains he's quoting from. Is that so hard to provide? Sorry, but I'm not quite ready to automatically accept someones possibly second or third hand relation of events as "facts" when it would be so easy to simply DEMONSTRATE what actually ARE the "facts".

This is an interesting spot to "split" this thread. A simple request to provide documentation or a link to back up what someone posted as fact. Trying to be objective, this request has never been addressed, only rude and untrue accusations that devolved into posters making themselves look silly. As a casual reader of internet forums on UPS even I could surmise just who PobreCarlos is and is not. The answer is to answer the man's question, it is something that I and perhaps others would be more interested in hearing.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Jones;

Why would someone like YOU want to "split the thread"? [grin]

BTW, where ARE the "terms of service"; I've done a look-see and haven't been able to find them...probably because of incipient senility. Anyway, if you could provide a link, I'd appreciate it. I've got several posts that I feel might worth hitting the "report button" on, but don't want to do so until I've confirmed what the "terms of service" are.

This is a common action when a thread takes a divergent path from the original thread intent.

This is a good example and an appropriate action since this thread is basically a pissing content between Pobre and Sober.

menotyou

bella amicizia
This is a common action when a thread takes a divergent path from the original thread intent.

This is a good example and an appropriate action since this thread is basically a pissing contest between Pobre and Sober.
Don't eat the yellow snow!!!!!!!

anonymous4

Hoaxster, your investigative powers? What? An ip search? Give me a break. I can make 10 different names, all with unrelated IP's and different mac addys that would be completely impossible to link.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Hoaxster, your investigative powers? What? An ip search? Give me a break. I can make 10 different names, all with unrelated IP's and different mac addys that would be completely impossible to link.
Sounds like another person-------- Unknown-2.jpeg
Unknown-2.jpeg

anonymous4

Yes, sure thing. Count the number of trolls over the years, drop their name in a hat and pull. You can be sure the new trolls that pop up are the same as the old ones. There are only so many people with enough bitterness for management or the union to continually show up with fresh names. Who knows if PabloCarlos is AssistantSanta for sure, but pull up their posts and there is a definite correlation in posting style. Besides that, he could be one of how many previous trolls? Only a handful.

Bottom line, I thought he had some insightful posts until I found this thread. Looking back, he seems to only show up when Jonfrum or other respected "union guys" show up with information and posts a constant barrage of the SAME THING. Really, say what you need to say and then step away. It is far more effective than going off on the same tangent after every new post. I was interested in what 104feeder had to say, and after the first page I was face palming so hard I broke my nose as "that guy's" posts were clearly there just to disagree, not to actually inform. "...", [....] blah blah

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

BigUnionGuy;

I suspect you've been making that wish for quite some time, presumably because (1) this "Pinocchio" has been a pretty splintery piece of wood for you to handle over the years, and you've got stuck more than once, and (2) as a "boy", I would be much more suited to your peculiar proclivities.

Sorry, but I think I'm gonna' stay just as I am for now. I'm afraid you're just going to have to find your "boys" and get your "wood" someplace else.

Really.... that was a witty retort.

If you are going to "try" and drive the lane to the hoop, a little underhanded toss to the glass won't get it.

Even though I've witnessed your non-stop rambling on other boards, to bring it here, and try to denigrate this community.... is beyond lame.

Even for you.

Appreciate what 104feeder was doing, by taking the time to post all the information he did.

Then if you feel the need, debate the issue on it's merits.

Instead, you choose to attack his integrity....call everyone else a liar.... and then, pick on a girl. And try to belittle her.

But, the worst part.... After everyone piles on you.... you plead for forum moderation.

I can't remember ever agreeing with your viewpoint.... but, I at least could validate your right to an opinion.

Even, as long winded as it usually is.

Any possible credibility you {might} have had with me.... Will go the way of management pensions, healthcare, stock, etc.....

-Bug-

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

1. Go to the person's profile, in the left hand pane click "add to ignore list"
2. I'll split the thread.
3. We can't be everywhere, if you think a post is in violation of the TOS hit the report button (little triangle icon) and we'll check it out.

Thanks and I appreciate you cleaning the thread up. I'll do the ignore list thing right away.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
PobreCarlos/SloppyJoes7/AssistantSanta;

"Lying" is the willful and intentional dissemination of information which one knows to be untrue.

In this case....I aint lying because I know I am right. I would invite anyone who doubts me to do a site search of your 3 screen names and compare the similarities in punctuation, writing style, syntax and anti-union mentality for themselves.

If you still wish to deny the obvious, thats OK. I suppose you and I can just agree to disagree.

I investigated the three usernames you linked here Sober and it appears your amazing powers of observation and deduction have let you down.

There is no relationship between PobreCarlos/SloppyJoes7/AssistantSanta.

Note: I do agree with your definition of "lying" and although mistaken, I see no reason to think you are a liar.

Hoax,

How would you be able to tell if a person simply used a different computer or smart phone to create multiple screen names?

The similarity in screen names and writing style seems like a dead giveaway to me, although I must confess to knowing next to nothing about IP addresses, internet connections etc.

I do know that there are 3 compters, 2 iphones and a Kindle Fire in my home that are all capable of accessing the internet, so it would seem to me that posting under multiple screennames would be a simple manner.

anonymous4

Hoax,

How would you be able to tell if a person simply used a different computer or smart phone to create multiple screen names?

The similarity in screen names and writing style seems like a dead giveaway to me, although I must confess to knowing next to nothing about IP addresses, internet connections etc.

I do know that there are 3 compters, 2 iphones and a Kindle Fire in my home that are all capable of accessing the internet, so it would seem to me that posting under multiple screennames would be a simple manner.

The answer is, he can't. I am not sure why he made such a claim either as it is outlandish, and he scolded some of us for "perhaps" being short-sighted on another topic.

There are several methods moderation has to "investigate" who a poster could have been in the past or present. Every single one of them can be subverted by a users tools and only requires the press of a few buttons. Like I said, one can make as many usernames as they wish that are linked in absolutely no traceable way.

I enjoy how PobreCarlos had the defense that several posters know who he is on other forums, like that matters even a little bit. Who cares if the same known lunatic posts on other forums, does that have even a smidgen to do with making alternative names here to make long-winded troll attempts? NO. If someone told me I was someone else (which has happened) and they were completely off the mark, I wouldn't even feel the need to say "I'm not that person". It wouldn't strike an ounce of nerve so that need wouldn't be present. That's just me though, and while I see the similarities in their posting style it doesn't really matter much, as the same guy/girl or guy(s)/girl(s) will surely be back in days, weeks or months to ramble off on the same targets about the basic same topics.

Inthegame

The answer is, he can't. I am not sure why he made such a claim either as it is outlandish, and he scolded some of us for "perhaps" being short-sighted on another topic.

There are several methods moderation has to "investigate" who a poster could have been in the past or present. Every single one of them can be subverted by a users tools and only requires the press of a few buttons. Like I said, one can make as many usernames as they wish that are linked in absolutely no traceable way.

I enjoy how PobreCarlos had the defense that several posters know who he is on other forums, like that matters even a little bit. Who cares if the same known lunatic posts on other forums, does that have even a smidgen to do with making alternative names here to make long-winded troll attempts? NO. If someone told me I was someone else (which has happened) and they were completely off the mark, I wouldn't even feel the need to say "I'm not that person". It wouldn't strike an ounce of nerve so that need wouldn't be present. That's just me though, and while I see the similarities in their posting style it doesn't really matter much, as the same guy/girl or guy(s)/girl(s) will surely be back in days, weeks or months to ramble off on the same targets about the basic same topics.
[Smile]

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's not that hard to figure out if someone is posting under multiple ids, having access to the ip addresses isn't the whole picture but it's a good start. Just the fact that someone is using a proxy is often a giveaway. If you're constantly posting here using different aliases either we know about it and we don't care (this is true of several regular posters) or we don't know about it because we don't care (ie you haven't done/posted anything that would draw attention).
For what it's worth Pobre was definitely not Ass. Santa or Sloppy Joes.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax,

One can never be 100% sure of anything as your friend from Worcester pointed out (while he was not roofing - roofing is hard work but not as tough as humping packages in the hub.)

The IP addresses are in different areas of the country and none of the IP addresses of any of the posters in question showed any sign of going through known anonymizer sites and Pobre has only used 1 IP in his entire history.

Assistant Santa posted from UPS but never from a phone as neither did SloppyJoes7.

In fact Assistant Santa posted from the same IP as you on occasion...does not mean anything but it is funny. Could have been a motel or an airport, etc.

I'm about 100 times more certain these three are not the same person as you are that they are with a lot more hard evidence.

I have used proxies and anonymyzer sites myself and have spent many a day working on eliminating Nigerian and Hungarian scamsters.
There are patterns to anonymizer usage and their redirects and every anonymizer site is identified within a couple of hours by companies such as Akamai.

Incidentally, if you know how and have the tools, any packet can be traced.
I do not have these nor any desire as I have better things to do like trying to figure out who killed JFK.

anonymous4

I do not have these nor any desire as I have better things to do like trying to figure out who killed JFK.

Are you close to an answer?

I have a confession. I am PobreCarlos, AssistantSanta and SloppyJones7. I am also UpstateNYUPSer, and I am here to say we must sell out our young workers with a two-tier pay scale to remain competitive with FedEX.

Have any of you noticed the subliminal arrow in the EX of FEDEX?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Are you close to an answer?

I have a confession. I am PobreCarlos, AssistantSanta and SloppyJones7. I am also UpstateNYUPSer, and I am here to say we must sell out our young workers with a two-tier pay scale to remain competitive with FedEX.

Have any of you noticed the subliminal arrow in the EX of FEDEX?
:congratualtions::bow::bpotd: