Possible to be rehired again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qdg2

Everywhere. It’s the benefits that separates us from the other jobs
Most folks that learn of my career and time there are surprised and admiring. Most seem to think UPS is a desirable goal. For most, it would be. Companies like American Airlines or perhaps Southwest aren't very impressed. Those companies have comparable pay and benefits with similar seniority long waits.......sometimes even better pay and benefits...travel for example.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Most folks that learn of my career and time there are surprised and admiring. Most seem to think UPS is a desirable goal. For most, it would be. Companies like American Airlines or perhaps Southwest aren't very impressed. Those companies have comparable pay and benefits with similar seniority long waits.......sometimes even better pay and benefits...travel for example.
That's because they know you have a Corvette. Not many people have those.

qdg2

He doesn't need to provide any proof.... just like you and your dubious claims.
Here we go...Dubious? How so? Sigh. Another pathetic jealous personal attack. So, dubious like your "claim" of never seeing political cronyism in the union? My God..

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Here we go...Dubious? How so?

Really ?

Sigh. Another pathetic jealous personal attack.

Jealous of what ?

The "ever evolving" story of your career and time at UPS ?

So, dubious like your "claim" of never seeing political cronyism in the union?

Exactly.... what experience or involvement, have you had with your Local Union or the IBT ?

I'm talking direct involvement, not hearsay speculation.

JoeMother

Banned
giTdaY79ihbz.gif
Did you make this just for the thread I made? Crazy xD

Nah
Never mind the fact that if you were to graduate with a degree, you'll end up being 5 figures in debt. Same reason why I never went to college
Not if you're smart about it.

But I do think most degrees are useless. Better to go to trade school or something.

trickpony1

Yet, why would anyone get a useless anything? And especially pay for it and spend precious time?

Yet, many business's require degrees for advancement or hire
. Not really mattering in what but just a degree.....why? Becoming a military pilot and officer is a good example. Wondering why having a degree in for example: black lesbian dance theory(with a minor in braiding) would give you some sort of advanced qualification? To satisfy the racist claims......how about white lesbian/trans tattooing with a minor in piercing?
Would it be because a degree, supposedly, shows the prospect had initiative, fortitude, discipline, sustained drive and the ability to assimilate information?

I'm not saying I agree but it might be why the military requires a degree to be an officer.

But what could I know?

qdg2

Really ?

Jealous of what ?

The "ever evolving" story of your career and time at UPS ?

Exactly.... what experience or involvement, have you had with your Local Union or the IBT ?

I'm talking direct involvement, not hearsay speculation.
Yeah really. I haven't "claimed" anything......I did, I have. Just facts. Remember, your doubt is something you've conjured in your jealous mind. Noting: the other stuff is relatively common......like airplanes, airplane mechanics licenses, college, corvettes, swimming pools. See some us are (perhaps to you) what you call driven and gasp more successful in life. Shrug. Many days surviving on 3-4 hours sleep.

Ever evolving? I'm sorry, meaning what exactly? You mean of course(for the newcomers): Automotive, Pkg and Feeders, Circle of Honor, never a lost time injury....42 years? All fact. I retired last year. What do you think I did at UPS? Serious question. Really, there's only a handful of jobs for hourlies. MOF, just about any pt to pkg to feeder follows the exact same path.....mine is a little different but life is full of exceptions.

I paid dues for 40 years. Luckily(deliberately really)(that's how you make 42 years)....very little to do with the Union. The bitter racism, in-fighting, political cronyism is/was well known and very public. A simpleton could see it. Honestly, filed a few grievances here and there(on one hand count). All to control that Union bank account(the vicious in-fighting). Please don't insult not only mine but others intelligence.

And say, hate to do it...but....if you can't identify political cronyism in a local or even National Union....perhaps you don't understand what it is? And as far as having nice things provided by a $150k income....maybe you should have spent less time at the "Local Union" or "IBT"......

Remembering you started it(this for the banner's).

qdg2

Does it have all of the bells and whistles??? Kid is a spitting image of ol’ Davey Boy. They both have very similar personalities… illusions of grandeur.
Mine was stock......I think. Say, what illusions? Like you and Big Winded Union Boy? That's some illusions there....of jealousy. Come on man.

qdg2

Would it be because a degree, supposedly, shows the prospect had initiative, fortitude, discipline, sustained drive and the ability to assimilate information?

I'm not saying I agree but it might be why the military requires a degree to be an officer.

But what could I know?
Well it depends I guess. I know lot's of folks with degrees I wouldn't trust with anything. Some....idiotic.

Nah
Yeah really. I haven't "claimed" anything......I did, I have. Just facts. Remember, your doubt is something you've conjured in your jealous mind. Noting: the other stuff is relatively common......like airplanes, airplane mechanics licenses, college, corvettes, swimming pools. See some us are (perhaps to you) what you call driven and gasp more successful in life. Shrug. Many days surviving on 3-4 hours sleep.

Ever evolving? I'm sorry, meaning what exactly? You mean of course(for the newcomers): Automotive, Pkg and Feeders, Circle of Honor, never a lost time injury....42 years? All fact. I retired last year. What do you think I did at UPS? Serious question. Really, there's only a handful of jobs for hourlies. MOF, just about any pt to pkg to feeder follows the exact same path.....mine is a little different but life is full of exceptions.

I paid dues for 40 years. Luckily(deliberately really)(that's how you make 42 years)....very little to do with the Union. The bitter racism, in-fighting, political cronyism is/was well known and very public. A simpleton could see it. Honestly, filed a few grievances here and there(on one hand count). All to control that Union bank account(the vicious in-fighting). Please don't insult not only mine but others intelligence.

And say, hate to do it...but....if you can't identify political cronyism in a local or even National Union....perhaps you don't understand what it is? And as far as having nice things provided by a $150k income....maybe you should have spent less time at the "Local Union" or "IBT"......

Remembering you started it(this for the banner's).

what

Status
Not open for further replies.